Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM

6 posts, read 36,514 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, I am Jewels. I currently live in Melrose, FL.; however, I am planning to move to Clearwater, FL.

I am interested in finding the following:

1. The best areas to rent within Clearwater.
2. What areas to avoid?
3. Are there multiple electric companies in Clearwater or just one?
4. Any information I can learn about Clearwater would be great.

About me and what I am looking for:

I am a single 38 year old professional woman with no children.
I would like to live close to the beach (walking distance would be great but not necessary).
Due to my job I must have the ability to get wireless high-speed internet.
I would prefer a 2 BR, 2BA+ townhouse, condo or apartment rental but might settle for a large 1/1 if necessary.
Price range: $800-$900/per month.

I would appreciate any ideas or information provided.

Thank you,
Jewels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Try coachman crossing apts on n.e. coachman rd . I lived there when I lived in clearwater and got tired of floridas low wages and moved to ky and now im in ohio and have two more yrs of school left and then I am moving to ga or tn most likely where ever the jobs are . I hate jobs are so scare in florida or i would be there still . manufacturing job are a thing of the past there . Good luck and secure employment before you get there or you wont be able to rent anything .

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM

phonelady61,
Thanks for the information and good luck to you as well
I already have a job that allows me to relocate anywhere within the US so I am lucky in that regard.

Thanks again
Jewels

Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 PM

Anyone else out here have any ideas or information please?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I would check out the North Clearwater area, actually the area where Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and Clearwater meet. You're convenient to both sides of the Bay area there, as you can go either south into Pinellas County or south into Tampa without bridge crossing. Near the intersection of McMullen Booth Road and Tampa Road you'll find several nice upscale apartment communities in your price range. Check out The Landings and Sabal Palm, both in the Boot Ranch development...or a bit further south at the Estates in Countryside, which is near the Countryside Mall and very convenient as well (plus walkable to many services which is great versus having to drive all the time).

Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks Kyle I appreciate the information.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,306,244 times
The only "bad" areas in Clearwater are the North Greenwood area and the area west of the railroad tracks and south of downtown. Even then, these aren't really all that bad, just rundown.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Check countryside of clearwater and part of Palm harbor

Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times
First off, Welcome for whenever you move here

You will only be able to walk to the beach if you live on the beach. They do have some cheaper rentals towards the Inter-coastal side instead of the Gulf side...but I dont believe that you will be able to get a 2/2 for less then $900. Clearwater Beach is pretty expensive unless you rent a tiny efficiency and well thats not much fun. You might want to look South of Clearwater towards Indian Rocks beach, Madeira Beach or North of Clearwater towards the Dunedin Causeway... at least at the Dunedin Causeway you would have a 2.5 mile nice paved walk to Honeymoon Island. They also have some nice townhouses/condos along there that might fall within the upper range of your price range.

As somebody else stated, you probably dont want to rent anything in the Greenwood area which consists of anything along Martin Luther King Blvd or Betty Lane from about Sunset Point Rd south to Jasper and Alt 19/Clearwater Largo Rd East to Missouri. Its not the most desirable of areas.

There is only one electric company in Pinellas, and that is Progress Energy... they used to be called Florida Power but switched names.
Your high speed providers will depend on the area but most likely you will have the choice of Brighthouse Networks, Verizon or possibly Knology.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:42 PM

Thank you all very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and information I really appreciate it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay