Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM

15 posts, read 44,421 times

Advertisements

Also what a lot of people don't realize is surrounding many nice areas are bad areas .The only difference on long island is you still paying 10 grand in property tax in the high crime areas, we pay 10grand just in school tax and the drugs are always there. I would rather live with sunshine all year round, 3 grand in property taxes, and live year round in waters edge. I tried 3 years ago but couldn't sell, property value here has also gone way down, we also calls certain towns the hood, you could own a million dollar house in queens and high crime there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstoots3 View Post
Also what a lot of people don't realize is surrounding many nice areas are bad areas .The only difference on long island is you still paying 10 grand in property tax in the high crime areas, we pay 10grand just in school tax and the drugs are always there. I would rather live with sunshine all year round, 3 grand in property taxes, and live year round in waters edge. I tried 3 years ago but couldn't sell, property value here has also gone way down, we also calls certain towns the hood, you could own a million dollar house in queens and high crime there too.
Agree like Jamaica Estates for example!

Old 10-23-2017, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 587 times
I am planning to move to Waters Edge! What are CDD fees? HOA , I assume, is about $ 400 quarterly. What is the average home insurance? Thank you

Old 10-23-2017, 04:35 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Abbey View Post
I am planning to move to Waters Edge! What are CDD fees? HOA , I assume, is about $ 400 quarterly. What is the average home insurance? Thank you
Flood Ins will be a killer for sure.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
It sounds like people are trying to sugar-coat the Moon Lake area, and I think I need to set the record straight on this whole area in general.
Water's Edge is beautiful. No doubt. Very nice homes, scenery, etc.
Moon Lake is another story. The county recently purchased most if not all of the trailers along Moon Lake Rd. to make way for a road widening project that no one knows when it will start just yet. This leaves condemned, abandoned and basically absolutely terrible looking buildings littering the east side of the road. Now, some areas of south ML are nice, especially those homes around the lake itself. But this whole area is overrun with drugs and thieves. I can appreciate the other poster saying they feel safer in Moon Lake than parts of Port Richey- I would agree to an extent. Port Richey is going down the tubes too, but some areas of Moon Lake are downright out of deliverance. Couches, dismantled cars on the side of the road, houses from makeshift plywood shacks, people living in school busses, etc. etc.
Look at the papers and crime reports for Moon Lake-murders, drug deals gone bad, people beating each other with baseball bats, arsons and all kind of theft-from air conditioners to ATV's to aluminum car ports. It's not an area you want to drive through at night.
As for the schools, you have Cypress (nice), Moon Lake Elem. (not too bad), and River Ridge Middle and High school (not bad, actually a very nice campus and good kids for the most part-a lot of drugs there though, but sadly many schools are in this trap). Shopping, you have Publix just down the road from Water's Edge, which is nice and clean and in a new shopping plaza.
Gulf View Mall?? Please. That mall is a joke. I make the drive to either Citrus or International. Gulf VIew has nothing to offer in the way of stores, the wanna be little punk gang members roaming around and the "blah" appearance of it is terrible. Make sure you lock your car and set your alarm in the lot, otherwise you'll come out to either no car or nothing left in it. The only reason I go to Gulf View is Best Buy and JCPenney.
Don't get me wrong, I'd say Water's Edge is a good choice. As long as you know the areas around it to avoid and stay in your little microcosm of a neighborhood, you will be very happy. Once the road widens, I am sure it will ease a lot of the complaints about traffic. Stay south of Banbury and Moon Lake Rd. and you're good to go.
Well Moonlake is nothing but moonshiners and rednecks and it not any better today than it was in 08. The Gulfview mall is not any better today and also has less stores than it did in 08. And i am sure Sears will be going soon. Target also closed since you made this post and the HHGregg that replaced it about 4 years ago also closed. People have no money in this area and it is no wonder more places keep closing down , like Outback and Target. Shocked Bestbuy is still hanging on. So all in all it is no better today in Port richey than it was in 08. Even more run down homes.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
hmmm.... must be slow around here when people respond to posts from over 9 years ago. Guess timely to have zombie thread since Halloween is just right around the corner.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
hmmm.... must be slow around here when people respond to posts from over 9 years ago. Guess timely to have zombie thread since Halloween is just right around the corner.
Well don't stomp around moon lake at nite blake or you may see the image you just posted. Goes to show some area's just don't get better with time. My house is still worth what it was in 2013 on my Prop taxes while Tampa has seen unreal gains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay