Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to have this all taken care of by now, but I can't find lists for any of my kids' schools anywhere. No one answers the phones at the schools (at least they didn't last Friday).

Has anyone had any luck getting the lists? And if so, where do I find them? I don't remember having this issue before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 11:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
We got ours when the school ended this year.
I am not sure if they are different in Pinellas, but I can email you mine if you need for reference. We went and got it all yesterday to get it out of the way.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:48 PM

That would be great, thank you. I'll send you my email address. At least it will give me a place to start!

I'm not sure why this is so hard for Pinellas this year! They won't even give us schedules until the weekend before school starts!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM

I'll send it in a minute. I need to transfer it in my computer anyway...BTW Why did my first grader need 24 glue sticks? in a class of 18 that's 432 glue sticks...I have a hard time believing they'll be using all of them in one year!

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
That would be great, thank you. I'll send you my email address. At least it will give me a place to start!

I'm not sure why this is so hard for Pinellas this year! They won't even give us schedules until the weekend before school starts!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I'll send it in a minute. I need to transfer it in my computer anyway...BTW Why did my first grader need 24 glue sticks? in a class of 18 that's 432 glue sticks...I have a hard time believing they'll be using all of them in one year!

Thoughts?
That must have been a typo. As a teacher, I can't imagine anyone needing that much glue! Maybe they meant 2 four packs of glue sticks. That's a little more reasonable.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM

794 posts, read 1,861,301 times
Good Grief, Is it back to school already??? ;-(

Where did summer go?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 AM

I would hope so. I kept the receipt, and when everyone gets back and I can find out for sure I'll return the excess!

(or keep it for the next 5 years....hahahahahahahaha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
That must have been a typo. As a teacher, I can't imagine anyone needing that much glue! Maybe they meant 2 four packs of glue sticks. That's a little more reasonable.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
School supply lists are getting ridiculous. The part that really irks me is how some classes take all the supplies the kids bring in, shuffle them up and pass them out to be 'fair'. You know so the kids whose parents bought the good stuff now gets some crappy stuff while the kid with the crappy stuff gets some good stuff. Or how about supply lists stating that the binders cannot have any kind of graphics on them?

Remember the good old days? You got to pick cool looking binders and folders and you and your friends would talk about them and have a good old time? Sad....

Maggi... try the school website. Or the Walmart close to your school will likely have the list available by the supplies.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 AM

This is something I was going to address BEFORE giving them the supplies. I am going to make it clear that we're not going to support those dead beat parents who dump their kids on my wallet. I know it sounds selfish and all, but we're not made out of money.

I will simply say: "Let's have a list of the parents who refuse to buy school supplies, let's see why is that, and then if they deserve to be helped, we'll all pitch in". Otherwise NO Thank you.

Not sure about the binders, and other things like that...my daughter has a beautiful Disney pencil box, but I am reluctant to send it to school with her because:
1. The fear of having it ripped by other kids
2. Creating useless jealousies between kids
3. Its a distraction, and they already have enough of those these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
School supply lists are getting ridiculous. The part that really irks me is how some classes take all the supplies the kids bring in, shuffle them up and pass them out to be 'fair'. You know so the kids whose parents bought the good stuff now gets some crappy stuff while the kid with the crappy stuff gets some good stuff. Or how about supply lists stating that the binders cannot have any kind of graphics on them?

Remember the good old days? You got to pick cool looking binders and folders and you and your friends would talk about them and have a good old time? Sad....

Maggi... try the school website. Or the Walmart close to your school will likely have the list available by the supplies.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post

Yes! It used to be so much easier. And cheaper!

One of the schools put their list up on their website today (that covers two of my kids), one gave me a list over the phone (apparently they aren't around on Fridays), and the other two also answered the phone and said lists would be given out the first day of school! (Ugh)

I managed to cover most of the lists that I was given today thanks to Algia's lists yesterday (thank you, again!) and I'm hoping the ones that come out the first day of school will be mostly taken care of as well.

This whole thing is FAR more complicated than it needs to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay