Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
clueless persepcitve not based in reality. as a younger educated professional that is plugged into whats going on locally things are clearly getting worse for educated, corporate type workers. especially for those 22-35.
Sorry there buddy, but the overall economic direction is not clueless perspective. It is based on multiple economic indicators. If you have multiple economic indicators showing the trend going the wrong direction....please post. Otherwise, it is all hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Laughable, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I like the part about all the "young professionals leaving in DROVES." LOL That gets parroted over and over by the malcontents here.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 AM

You do realize that this is happening across the U.S. and is not a situation unique to FL.

Quote:
clueless persepcitve not based in reality. as a younger educated professional that is plugged into whats going on locally things are clearly getting worse for educated, corporate type workers. especially for those 22-35.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 AM

Gee. Wow. When are you leaving?

Quote:
tampa's economy is actually losing steam. its worse than ever right now. know several educated, qualified people who have been layed off recently and have no prospects at all. They are leaving town as many other smart people i know have done over the past 6 months. this place is an economic wasteland

Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,966,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Sorry there buddy, but the overall economic direction is not clueless perspective. It is based on multiple economic indicators. If you have multiple economic indicators showing the trend going the wrong direction....please post. Otherwise, it is all hyperbole.
you have NO clue what youre talking about as a johnny come lately transient. typical person staring at numbers and jumping to conclusions. Yes, conditions around the country are generally getting better. Quite the opposite here in tampa bay. How many people do you know who own businesses here, who run staffing companies, who work for chamber of commerce, how many networking groups do u belong to, how many networking events do you attend, how many ivy league grads in the area do you know, how many hedge fund analysts do you know that review local prospects??? or do you simply look at numbers of which you have no idea what they truly mean or where they came from and make senseless conclusions? you have no idea how bad the underlying local economy is, none.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM

I guess you don't take into account that 40 percent of the employers in the United States did not offer health insurance to their employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Well I used to work in the financial field and the benefits here do not even come close to the benefits I had in Denver-so not sure what indusrty you are in...the reason is a lot of companies are smaller business' which cannot afford the benefits.

This is why Florida needs to start attracting companies that in turn will attract professionals....

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
you have NO clue what youre talking about as a johnny come lately transient. typical person staring at numbers and jumping to conclusions. Yes, conditions around the country are generally getting better. Quite the opposite here in tampa bay. How many people do you know who own businesses here, who run staffing companies, who work for chamber of commerce, how many networking groups do u belong to, how many networking events do you attend, how many ivy league grads in the area do you know, how many hedge fund analysts do you know that review local prospects??? or do you simply look at numbers of which you have no idea what they truly mean or where they came from and make senseless conclusions? you have no idea how bad the underlying local economy is, none.
Still waiting for your statistical data showing the overall economy is going in the wrong direction, disproving the statistical data I have provided showing it going in the right direction overall.

Factual data trumps localized hyperbole.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for your statistical data showing the overall economy is going in the wrong direction, disproving the statistical data I have provided showing it going in the right direction overall.

Factual data trumps localized hyperbole.
again, u r making senseless conclusions from numbers that you have no idea how they were compiled or what they mean. i dont even know what your numbers are nor do i care. i'm tapped into whats really happening here which trumps your silly, uneducated conclusions based on some spreadsheet. localized realistic information is only hyperbole to a transient with no clue. Do u realize that housing numbers show improvement and inventory is down because hedge funds are buying in mass single family homes to hold as investments? do you know this, coupled with other economic issues, is driving up local rents that people cant afford because new jobs being created here are mostly under $15/hr? Have u been to any kind of local networking event, happy hour, cocktail party and heard whats really going on here in the corporate or even entreprenurial market? Do you realize how desperate the area is for real, sustainable, non minimum wage economic growth?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
again, u r making senseless conclusions from numbers that you have no idea how they were compiled or what they mean. i dont even know what your numbers are nor do i care. i'm tapped into whats really happening here which trumps your silly, uneducated conclusions based on some spreadsheet. localized realistic information is only hyperbole to a transient with no clue. Do u realize that housing numbers show improvement and inventory is down because hedge funds are buying in mass single family homes to hold as investments? do you know this, coupled with other economic issues, is driving up local rents that people cant afford because new jobs being created here are mostly under $15/hr? Have u been to any kind of local networking event, happy hour, cocktail party and heard whats really going on here in the corporate or even entreprenurial market? Do you realize how desperate the area is for real, sustainable, non minimum wage economic growth?
I guess you are right. All the economic indicators professionals have used for years are wrong. I admit it. I should have known better. I should have known to use local hyperbole, instead of facts. I don't know what I was thinking. So now that I will throw out all the data collected by actual economic professionals and instead focus on local hyperbole of my second cousin's friend's third half sister. I can now confidently say that Tampa Bay's economy is the single worst in the entire world. I can now say it is nothing better than hell on earth. I can absolutely say not only has it passed armageddon, but it continues to spiral downhill at never ending increasing speed into the bottomless pit. I can now confirm that the lower unemployment rate, increased home values, increased home sales are all a big conspiracy theory and all rational people should run for the hills.

Wow, I am so glad someone brought me to my senses. I better plan on selling my house immediately and move to somewhere with a phenomenal economy like Mississippi or something.

Sorry, but I have to go now. I have to get to packing.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I guess you are right. All the economic indicators professionals have used for years are wrong. I admit it. I should have known better. I should have known to use local hyperbole, instead of facts. I don't know what I was thinking. So now that I will throw out all the data collected by actual economic professionals and instead focus on local hyperbole of my second cousin's friend's third half sister. I can now confidently say that Tampa Bay's economy is the single worst in the entire world. I can now say it is nothing better than hell on earth. I can absolutely say not only has it passed armageddon, but it continues to spiral downhill at never ending increasing speed into the bottomless pit. I can now confirm that the lower unemployment rate, increased home values, increased home sales are all a big conspiracy theory and all rational people should run for the hills.

Wow, I am so glad someone brought me to my senses. I better plan on selling my house immediately and move to somewhere with a phenomenal economy like Mississippi or something.

Sorry, but I have to go now. I have to get to packing.
ok, now u have resorted to simply embarassing yourself. nowhere did i say anything in your hysterical, delusional, childish rant. plenty of people including myself have wonderful lives here but some of us are smart and open minded enough to understand and admit the reality of our local economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay