Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe that there were no witnesses that saw the car or at least tried to follow from a distance. Seems like they don't have much to go on for a suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Looks like it's a good idea to invest into Car Video Registrator from now on.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
None of those involved shooting someone while driving along the freeway, the first story involved a security guard that stopped a car, then shot into the car 15 times, the 2nd one involved a guy that shot into parked cars at stop lights, the 3rd one wouldn't load but looks similar to the 1st story, and the last one was a murder suicide on the side of the road after an accident. None of those stories have anything to do with people shooting at one another while driving down the freeway, lol. Keep fishing, I'm sure you'll find one eventually though, it's a big state!
Oh come on. You're saying it only counts if the circumstances are exactly the same? I don't think so. Looks like the Houston area has an ongoing issue with accidents and fatalities on the highways due to drivers being violent or ridiculous, and, yes, shooting at each other:
***warning..... inured child in news photo in first link***
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ge-3721059.php
Detectives: Road rage fight between two neighbors cause of fatal shooting in North Harris County | abc13.com
Police: Man shot in road rage incident | www.statesman.com
Mesquite Man Injured In Apparent Road Rage Shooting « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Driver Shot in Head During Road Rage Incident Near Dallas | Corpus Christi, TX | KZTV10.com |

This happens all over the country.

One of the first things I noticed after we moved here was that every little thing gets broadcast all over the place. I'm not sure what the fascination with Florida is, but everyone gets to hear about everything that happens here.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Tampa police: Man charged with pointing gun in road rage incident | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com this was another one in Tampa. Noone hurt- just threatened. For your families - it is not worth getting shot - leti the crazies have ther way on the road.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM

Transportation Security Administration

Week in Review:
Friday, June 28, 2013
44 Firearms Discovered This Week (35 Loaded)

Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I heard on the radio about another road rage case where a woman was threatened with a gun.

I myself had a road rage case a few month back. I was driving on St. Rd 54 and out of nothing came a car behind me and was driving me almost of the road while I was in the process of passing another car but he found it necessary to cut me off, almost hitting the car I was passings bumper, and because of the drivers stupid move he almost lost control over his car and touched the meridian but was lucky to pull back on the road, perhaps due to driving a bigger SUV.

Than I had to stop shortly thereafter at the red light...made quickly a pics of the license plate without them able to see it...then we moved further and I changed lanes (3 lanes avalaible) to get away from this SUV and crazy person since he now was starting to drive like 35 in front of me locking me in and bracking every second...

When I changed lanes and was able to get away this driver was moving back to another car of me to the furthest right lane and passing me while I moved to get away into the left lane and just going with the flow....he pulled up next to me again opening hs window and screeming and yelling and when I looked out of my right eye to glampse at the driver, he was giving me the finger...

I tried to act like I was calling someone toscare them but it didn't make any impression, than I made a quick pics on my phone since we were driving slower and when I dialed 911 and noticed me talk on the phone they took of fast t o frive into the street near the Super Target near the Suncoast....very scary.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Transportation Security Administration

Week in Review:
Friday, June 28, 2013
44 Firearms Discovered This Week (35 Loaded)
I am trying to determine a point to this post but I am at a loss.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I am trying to determine a point to this post but I am at a loss.
1st the guy apparently has been arrested for this weekend's incident, and 2nd this is just to show travellers in general- where they get checked still do not do the right thing! So be aware, and stay safe,,, and yes it can be scary... many on drugs, pissed off- derranged, just becareful and try to stay away from theml! You can't awalk around in fear but you can be aware of your surroundings and the world is NOt was it was 20 yrs ago,,, people still think it is. that's what the post is about...

Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
Oh come on. You're saying it only counts if the circumstances are exactly the same? I don't think so. Looks like the Houston area has an ongoing issue with accidents and fatalities on the highways due to drivers being violent or ridiculous, and, yes, shooting at each other:
***warning..... inured child in news photo in first link***
Hundreds of accidents blamed on Houston road rage - Houston Chronicle
Detectives: Road rage fight between two neighbors cause of fatal shooting in North Harris County | abc13.com
Police: Man shot in road rage incident | www.statesman.com
Mesquite Man Injured In Apparent Road Rage Shooting « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Driver Shot in Head During Road Rage Incident Near Dallas | Corpus Christi, TX | KZTV10.com |

This happens all over the country.

One of the first things I noticed after we moved here was that every little thing gets broadcast all over the place. I'm not sure what the fascination with Florida is, but everyone gets to hear about everything that happens here.
No, Florida is often in the news for people shooting at people on the freeways, and no, it doesn't happen here, at least nowhere close to as often as it does in Florida.

It is, however, odd that it's not in South Florida as it often is.

Again, there's a difference between pulling over, getting into a fight, and shooting someone, vs. taking out a gun and shooting at people doing 70mph (wait, it's Tampa) 85mph down a freeway loaded with other, innocent, people.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:54 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
the world is NOt was it was 20 yrs ago
Well let's have some perspective. Twenty years ago was 1993, a time when tourists were being followed out of Miami airport in their rental cars and then robbed/murdered:

14 September 1993: UK tourist shot dead in Florida

As the sidebar notes:

Quote:
Adverse publicity generated by the attacks on foreign holidaymakers in Florida caused tourist revenue to drop by 20% in 1993.

There were so many incidents the UK Foreign Office issued a specific warning to visitors - the only state in the US to warrant such advice.
So maybe 20 years ago isn't the best time-frame to use. Nor 30 years ago, which would have been 1983, and right in the middle of the cocaine wars in south Florida. Nor 40 or 50 years ago - Florida's murder rate was a staggering 15.4 per 100,000 people in 1973, and 7.0 in 1963, compared to 5.2 in 2011.

That's still far too high, and it's far too easy to get away with murder in Florida, but the past wasn't any better in that regard. In some years, it was much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay