Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Busy maps with no legends. Pretty useless. Would you mind telling me what "Q" stands for? That wouldn't be the gay part of St Pete, would it?
Legends are included where able to do so; I was being cognizant of that. I think most of them have it. For the very specifics, I have included in all cases hyperlinks to the originating sources for your perusal. I do happen to have the St. Pete page on my screen so let me multitask a moment....

Okay, I see what you are saying. Q is quality of life and I'm not sure what that is, could just be code violations for all I know and so I then took that off where I show in that particular series the last snapshot of St. Pete, central St. Pete as I referred to it, and where I noted that I removed what seemed some nonviolent categories because the level of crime just looked way too high.

I was going to then redo all the work I'd done without that category, but, frankly, the crime in St. Pete is still quite high even without those green Q's that it didn't seem to make much of a visual difference. I apologize if that at all mischaracterizes St. Pete, but again, the removal in the one area where I did remove the Q's did not seem to make much of a difference, so I did not redo the rest.

Your calling the work done here "pretty useless" is pretty rude.

You referring to gay people as Q reeks of homophobia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Legends are included where able to do so; I was being cognizant of that. I think most of them have it..
I'll give you an "E" for effort.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
I don't know why you keep insisting on mischaracterizing my intent--an act which doesn't seem very friendly to me--when I have shown you that all I am doing is showing the relatively wonderful character of Tampa Bay,
Not sure what your intent is as you say you want to show the wonderful character of Tampa Bay but all i'm seeing is you posting pages full of crime stats of the area..
Heres a better idea to promote wonderful character of Tampa Bay.
http://www.awesomeflorida.com/images...o_beach_6b.jpg

Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You really can't compare crime stats without noting the population and demographics. Temple Terrace is smaller in area, population and than say Carrollwood. Carrollwood has a major artery running through it making it more open to crime. IMO. Lots of businesses all on one long hwy.

Each are has its own character. In the end it is what you like and are wanting in a home and area. If you were young you wouldn't want to live in Sun City not because of crime but assuming you could it would not meet your lifestyle.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Ever wonder about those asking what the safest areas are on here? IF they are "really" looking to move to Tampa, or are looking to find the safest areas to Rob them?

Old 07-09-2014, 06:26 PM

13 posts, read 43,307 times
I'm not looking to revive this post, but have to say that I stumbled across it, and think that the OP put a lot of effort into this, and people were not reading it; just getting defensive. Kinda crazy to me. Chill out people and read the damn words.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:08 AM

Bumped for the benefit of the OP of this thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...safe-area.html seeking info on how every very safe is Temple Terrace, particularly in comparison to the rest of Tampa Bay.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Bumped in response to this erroneous comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
...Most of Temple Terrace is downright dangerous
on this thread
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/2337483-tampa-housing-bubble-2-0-thread-4.html

...showing here how very safe is Temple Terrace, unlike how some posters would misguide city-data readers with their misinformation.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM

Thread bump in response to this recently resurrected three year old thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...e-terrace.html

Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Thread bumped yet again in response to this misinforming comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Temple terrace is pretty ghetto
posted this date on this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...e-terrace.html

Which is clearly untrue according to crime stats shown (see post #1 this thread).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay