Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,813 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am an investor of several out of state properties. I recently sold a property in Palm Beach and I am looking to invest in a multi-unit for a 12 month rental - buy and hold. I have viewed varied reports on the real estate market in Tampa. Of course these analysts do not live there. My question is if this is a good area to find renters as well as fair prices on multi-units. I am also considering other areas of the west coast specifically Tampa. I look forward to your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 05:32 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Yes, there are renters needing places. Rents have gone up as the Investors scooped in more than a year ago and started purchasing like crazy. Competition is pretty fierce, but if you have done it before you understand how it can be.

If you are looking for more than a 4 unit place, you need someone other than your typical Residential Realtor. I thought I would toss that out there more for information for others that will read this.

I recommend really being careful of anything that may be in a flood zone. Nobody knows what the prices are going to end up being there.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:02 AM

23 posts, read 33,825 times
my only thing to you is that there aren't all that many multi unit properties out there. I don't know what state you live in now but I just came here from NYC after having grown up in Boston so there were tons of 3 family type apartment buildings. Downhere there are very few of those however there are tons of single family houses dirt cheap that you can then rent out with a buy and hold strategy. We are presently getting into the real estate game ourselves and buy and hold is our strategy too. We are closing on a 3/1 in a very nice neighborhood for 92,500. it should command 1200/mo in rent with relative ease. We are working with a great realtor who has a dozen of his own investment properties along with managing a portfolio of about 80 properties for Keller-Williams. He is a tremendouse resource as he was a Tampa Police officer for a dozen years prior. HE really knows every neighborhood as a result and can advise the good and bad. Feel free to message me if you'd like me to get in touch with him as he would also be well suited to find you whatever multifamily units there may in fact be on the market.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:47 AM

10 posts, read 13,131 times
Could you message me the name of your realtor as I am currently hoping to get into real estate during my move to Tampa as well...

Old 03-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhourhero View Post
Could you message me the name of your realtor as I am currently hoping to get into real estate during my move to Tampa as well...
pm sent

Old 06-02-2014, 12:31 PM

Figured I'd bump this thread to let interested parties know that I have gotten my real estate license and have been working alongside the agent that helped me find my first investment property. IF there is anything I can do to help you out, I would be more than happy to. What I lack in experience I make up for in desire and I have a great team of people around me that I can leverage. If I don't know the answer, you can rest assured I will find you the answer in short order.

FYI, my 92.500 investment property ended up renting for 1295 a month. we put 20% down and spent about 5k to replace all the fans and light fixtures, paint it, new appliances and boost the curb appeal. Mortgage plus insurance and taxes is $593/month. so we are cashflowing $700 a month! There are great investments to be had here! I just closed on my latest project. a 4bd/2ba property for 25k!!!!! (yes you read that right) it is a full rehab job but it is block construction so it is a good buy. it will need about 25-30k in rehab work but when complete will easily get a section 8 tenant paying $1200/mo. I'm getting married next April, so we may actually just flip this one instead of holding it so we can pay for our wedding in one fell swoop.

Anyways, if I can do anything to help you all out, please reach out to me

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-02-2014 at 01:45 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 01:54 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Thanks for your prompt action!
Congrats on your RE accomplishment.
Enjoy CD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: