Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM

485 posts, read 1,013,327 times

Advertisements

It is 1 week until Opening Day (March 21). Let us rejoice.

Now before everyone gets their panties in a twist about the lack of parking at the Tampa Trader Joe's,

AND THERE WILL BE A LACK OF PARKING,

PLEASE NOTE that the MAJORITY of urban (and even suburban) Trader Joe's lack sufficient parking for the mobs and mobs of people who shop there. This is because Trader Joe's doesn't like to invest in parking lots. They like to invest in their products and in their employees.

If you go to Trader Joe's in Tampa, whether it's next week or next year, EXPECT TO PARK FAR FAR AWAY and don't even bother complaining, because we are LUCKY to even have a store in our midst. And please know that most other people shopping at Trader Joe's around the country are having the SAME problems finding a parking space that you will in Tampa.

Get over it, move on, park a block away and go get your Two Buck Chuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 06:38 PM

17,555 posts, read 39,195,810 times
LOL - you must be over the moon! Yeah, the one here in Sarasota is ridiculous regarding the parking. I usually just park in the back outside the fence at the backside of the store rather than deal with the mayhem.

Now you Tampa-ites don't have to come down here anymore!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,210,577 times
You make it sound like Trader Joe is handing items for free, lol.

Relax. If you are paying, there are lots of other choices around. Those who drive all the way to Sarasota can have it .

Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,454,618 times
It's great they have one in Tampa now... I just wish they would open up a Whole Foods or Trader Joes in the New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area. To get to the new TJ's it will take me about 40 mins, and that is w/o traffic!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,817,598 times
I agree I rather see it somewhere closer to North Tampa.
Even though I like TJ, I don't see myself going there at all because I don't have time and don't really want to deal with parking issues. I rather pay a little extra and get what I need at other store. If Tampa store will have the same limited layout inside it will be bad too. I understand this concept with no real parking in urban cities (Florida has nothing like it, hello?!) and have a small store (because you have more than 1 location within 50 miles, so not entire city is rushed to the same store), but it's not a winner for sure.

I didn't get TJ's cheap wine. Walmart has $2-3 bottles as well as Whole Foods (3 or 4 bucks) and I don't see people buying cases as a time. I tried TJ's cheap wine I didn't like it.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 AM

792 posts, read 2,294,889 times
I deal with Mazzaros's parking, I can deal with anything.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 AM

5,038 posts, read 7,243,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
I deal with Mazzaros's parking, I can deal with anything.
Not too bad during the week but it's crazy during the weekend.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM

4,489 posts, read 3,871,414 times
Like I've said before, for every one person who doesn't "get" the Trader Joe's hype and is perfectly fine shopping at Walmart or Publix or Target, there's 50 people who would die just to get themselves one Trader Joe's bottled water, let alone all the millions of foodstuffs that only Trader Joe's sells (frozen Thai soups, cherry-chocolate-almond hand pies, freshly squeezed pineapple juice, produce from California and the West Cast that you won't find anywhere else, like marionberries, etc.). So just be prepared for gridlock, lack of parking and lines. That's just how it is. Everywhere. And it's bound to be worse here, b/c there will be people from all over the region hitting the one, single, solitary (for now) Tampa Bay store.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Like I've said before, for every one person who doesn't "get" the Trader Joe's hype and is perfectly fine shopping at Walmart or Publix or Target, there's 50 people who would die just to get themselves one Trader Joe's bottled water, let alone all the millions of foodstuffs that only Trader Joe's sells (frozen Thai soups, cherry-chocolate-almond hand pies, freshly squeezed pineapple juice, produce from California and the West Cast that you won't find anywhere else, like marionberries, etc.). So just be prepared for gridlock, lack of parking and lines. That's just how it is. Everywhere. And it's bound to be worse here, b/c there will be people from all over the region hitting the one, single, solitary (for now) Tampa Bay store.
That stretch of Dale Mabry is the worst even before TJ's, people are always turning left into a parking lot so they stop in the middle of the road then the people behind cut you off trying to to get around, and its bad pretty much all day, its probably worse from 12-3 than rush hour, I avoid Dale Mabry at all costs. All the residents of that area probably already have the "5 min parking" south tampa yard signs that you see everywhere, I dont think those are even enforceable, I live fairly close to Bayshore and some of my neighbors always put those out during gasparilla I think they are useless.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:23 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,181,175 times
Not sure what the big hype is.. maybe stick with Publix (at least it's from FL). Also TJ is owned by Aldi (German co.) and I see a hole bunch of controversies and criticism on line. As usual people going bananas for something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay