Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 2....How will you vote?
YES 33 80.49%
NO 7 17.07%
UNDECIDED 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 10:39 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
That was actually my question - how people are dealing with pain now without marijuana? Is everyone is suffering from pain now days?
I don't know about everyone, but I know a lot of people including me are suffering beyond your comprehension with chronic pain. Doctors have us try this that and the other thing. I just had my physical and my liver is on overload and at risk, all due to the fact that I have to take all sorts of pain killers. But I have no choice. If my liver gets damaged and I die, that might be a blessing for me. And even with the pain killers, I am still in debilitating pain. Imagine having to take a shower, while you are crying in pain because you have to be upright. Imagine being trapped in your house, away from the real world because of pain. Imagine never ending pain. Yes, I want medical marijuana to be legal. I don't know if it will help me or not, but I am willing to try it to find out.

I pray that you never have to suffer the severe pain and emotional devastation that I have to endure day in and day out, due to chronic pain. However, if you ever do, I can guarantee you would pray for one of two things at this point. The passage of the bill or the sweet relief of death. That is what I am faced with every day. Imagine fighting just to want to be alive. Until you face that, I suggest that you not question others about their pain.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:40 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
How do you rate these drugs: penicillin, antibiotics, cancer drugs, baby aspirin????
do you want me to rate it from 0 to 10? LOL
I call it medications, simple.
and marijuana is cannabis

tell me about your opinion regarding tobacco and marijuana

Old 11-04-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I don't know about everyone, but I know a lot of people including me are suffering beyond your comprehension with chronic pain. Doctors have us try this that and the other thing. I just had my physical and my liver is on overload and at risk, all due to the fact that I have to take all sorts of pain killers. But I have no choice. If my liver gets damaged and I die, that might be a blessing for me. And even with the pain killers, I am still in debilitating pain. Imagine having to take a shower, while you are crying in pain because you have to be upright. Imagine being trapped in your house, away from the real world because of pain. Imagine never ending pain. Yes, I want medical marijuana to be legal. I don't know if it will help me or not, but I am willing to try it to find out.

I pray that you never have to suffer the severe pain and emotional devastation that I have to endure day in and day out, due to chronic pain. However, if you ever do, I can guarantee you would pray for one of two things at this point. The passage of the bill or the sweet relief of death. That is what I am faced with every day. Imagine fighting just to want to be alive. Until you face that, I suggest that you not question others about their pain.
I have news for you -after taking Marijuana your next physical will determine other problems with your health. Do you really think marijuana have no side effects?
I think you can go to different state for now and try marijuana where it's legal before fighting for something that might not work for you at all.

And no need to get personal by the way.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:45 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,842 times
Quote:
I am not comparing.
Many years ago drugs were drugs. Period. Now marijuana became a treat. What is ahead of us?

Sometime last week I saw Morgan and Morgan (and 5 more times Morgan) doing a marijuana drive tour. It was in local news. That guy already invested millions of dollar. And it's not even legalized yet. Why? Because if it will be legalized, it will be a huge business opportunity and money making deal. All these talks about "helping people with pain" are just a cheap cover. We are talking about legalizing drugs.

Tobacco is a natural plant, but somehow last thing I heard was let's make "Florida tobacco free"... I guess I am not allowed to compare plants as well...
The last person I know of who used marijuana medically was a woman in her late 80's. She was dying of breast cancer that had spread to her bones. Near the end, she was anxious. depressed, in pain and not able to eat due to nausea. The doctors offered traditional pain killers, including morphine, which she took, but it knocked her out so that she could not have any meaningful time with her family and further killed her appetite.

Her kids (adults) one of whom is a medical professional, got hold of marijuana oil and used it on her. Her needed dosage for heavy-duty pain killers dropped, her anxiety and depression were lifted and her appetite returned. She had another few weeks (almost a month) of meaningful time with her family, to the point that she could sit up and take meals with them, before she took a hard turn for the worse. The last 48 hours of her life were pretty brutal, and they were forced to increase her morphine levels to a point where she was not communicative, but at least they had those last few happy weeks together. What harm did that do anyone?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I have news for you -after taking Marijuana your next physical will determine other problems with your health. Do you really think marijuana have no side effects?
There have already been studies on the meds I already take and Marijuana. The scientific fact is that medical marijuana would be far less harmful to me than the big pharma crap I have to ingest all day long.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
There have already been studies on the meds I already take and Marijuana. The scientific fact is that medical marijuana would be far less harmful to me than the big pharma crap I have to ingest all day long.
any links to back up your words? perhaps to studies?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
someone stated on the radio they would have voted "yes" if the weed would be taxed since he didn't want to pay for someone else's weed...

Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
any links to back up your words? perhaps to studies?
You can google them. They will pop right up.

And BTW - I did not get personal, other than speaking from personal experience.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:32 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
If alcohol is legal there is no reason why even recreational marijuana should not be legal. If you look at the amount of alcohol related deaths crimes etc the statistics are staggering, something like 60% of ask domestic abuse cases involve alcohol, the numbers are similar for other violent crimes. Marijuana tangible social costs have ti do with the fact that is an illicit drug that requires a black market.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You can google them. They will pop right up.

And BTW - I did not get personal, other than speaking from personal experience.
everything I googled don't really back up your words, so I asked for links...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: