Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 2....How will you vote?
YES 33 80.49%
NO 7 17.07%
UNDECIDED 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times

Advertisements

Did not get enough votes, so not this time...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:26 PM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
So sad.

As has been said, the only losers are the folks who actually need it. People who smoke for recreation are still going to do so. And don't worry, eventually this country will grow up. For now, the simple minded puritans win.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:02 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Even though the majority voted for it, sick people will continue to suffer.

Disgraceful.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
When can it be on the ballot again?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
We all have our opinions on this subject, here is mine. I grew up in the 60's and dated a lot of hippie chicks, and, consequently, I did smoke a little, but not all that much. So my hands are not entirely clean on this one, but I voted NO on the passage here in Florida.

The reason is, the attempt to legalize it had NOTHING to do with medicine and everything to do with loosening the laws so more people have access to it. California is a perfect example of the abuses of it............every Tom, Dick, and Harry can find a quack Dr to give them a script so that their "bad back" or insomnia becomes a legit reason to have access to it.

Attorney John Morgan is a huge proponent of it, and that phoney B*****D is using his Brother's illness to get sympathy for legalization. The fact is, John's law firm will profit greatly from future litigation that is created by this new industry. He doesn't give a damn about pain and suffering, he cares about John Morgan's bank account.

I am so happy this movement failed. It would have been just one more nail in the coffin of sensibility in this State.

Don

If you think this movement had anything to do with helping the sick, look at this video of John Morgan and a crowd of people who could care less about the medical aspects.........they just want to get high legally.

Mod Edit

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-05-2014 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Removed video with offensive language

Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Most likely 2016, after the economic collapse should be underway. Unless there is election fraud it will pass in a collapsing economy.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:23 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We all have our opinions on this subject, here is mine. I grew up in the 60's and dated a lot of hippie chicks, and, consequently, I did smoke a little, but not all that much. So my hands are not entirely clean on this one, but I voted NO on the passage here in Florida.

The reason is, the attempt to legalize it had NOTHING to do with medicine and everything to do with loosening the laws so more people have access to it. California is a perfect example of the abuses of it............every Tom, Dick, and Harry can find a quack Dr to give them a script so that their "bad back" or insomnia becomes a legit reason to have access to it.

Attorney John Morgan is a huge proponent of it, and that phoney B*****D is using his Brother's illness to get sympathy for legalization. The fact is, John's law firm will profit greatly from future litigation that is created by this new industry. He doesn't give a damn about pain and suffering, he cares about John Morgan's bank account.

I am so happy this movement failed. It would have been just one more nail in the coffin of sensibility in this State.

Don

If you think this movement had anything to do with helping the sick, look at this video of John Morgan and a crowd of people who could care less about the medical aspects.........they just want to get high legally. Mod Edit

As you are a senior citizen, I am not surprised by your views.

I am, however, tired of the older generations belief that medicinal cannabis is wrong because they are worried that some people will get high and ignore the fact that it will provide relief to numerous people who have serious ailments.

The people that use it to get high already do so, illegally.

People like you fail to see that this amendment would have helped those who needed it.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Removed video with inappropriate language.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:43 AM

351 posts, read 321,086 times
It's a shame that the FL referendum required more than the normal 50% of votes to pass.

The vote in favor of passage was an overwhelming 57%

Anywhere else, that would be a definitive victory, but here in FL it's a loss.

Really makes us look like a loser State, sorry to say.

Yes, it'll be back for a vote and eventually will be adopted; time is on our side as the elderly generation gradually dies off. Boomers will pass this, as will younger generations.

It's a shame for those who were hoping to have an opportunity to try something that could benefit them medically.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
all signs indicate that Amendment 2 will not get the 60 percent required for passage in 2014......sorry pot users.
tried to tell you folks a couple of days ago.....again, sorry......

Last edited by BucFan; 11-05-2014 at 04:28 AM..

Old 11-05-2014, 05:54 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
It's a shame that the FL referendum required more than the normal 50% of votes to pass.

The vote in favor of passage was an overwhelming 57%

Anywhere else, that would be a definitive victory, but here in FL it's a loss.

Really makes us look like a loser State, sorry to say.

Yes, it'll be back for a vote and eventually will be adopted; time is on our side as the elderly generation gradually dies off. Boomers will pass this, as will younger generations.

It's a shame for those who were hoping to have an opportunity to try something that could benefit them medically.
60% was needed, as it required a change to the state constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: