Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The sad thing is if we stopped all gun sales tomorrow there would still be enough floating around to keep the "bad" guys armed for tens of decades to come...
Being complacent about it will also not help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Which category does this one fall into?
Eldridge Dukes 'shot son in the buttocks in argument over orange juice' | Daily Mail Online

Cause this doesn't look "suicidal" to me! Or gang related...

AND I doubt those elementary children from Sandy Hook elementary were suicidal either or were gunned down by some gang member!''

Or that retired cop that started shooting in that Wesley Chapel movie theater because of someone's cell phone!!?!?!?! No gang there....

Excuses, excuses...
Quote:
With over 300 million guns in the United States You would think there would be more then 20K deaths a year if guns were the problem. What people fail to mention is that for the past 30 years over half the gun deaths every year are suicide! An over half of the remaining 50% are gang related. So unless you are depressed or hanging with gang bangers you have a better chance winning the lottery then being shot by a gun.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
The problem is Americans love their guns...I don't understand it and have tangled with many posters on this very forum over it...So for change there has to be a willingness to...add to the overall unwillingness the NRA influence...it will never happen...Let me add for those of us who live in rural areas where waiting for help to arrive could take 20 minutes or more there is a need for self protection...but for some guy who lives in a community like Palm Harbor (I picked it because I live there) to own multiple guns and carry one when you go shopping in the local Publix is insanity...and I realize it is their "right" but it doesn't mean they have to exercise that right...

Old 03-24-2015, 09:56 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Which category does this one fall into?
Eldridge Dukes 'shot son in the buttocks in argument over orange juice' | Daily Mail Online

Cause this doesn't look "suicidal" to me! Or gang related...

AND I doubt those elementary children from Sandy Hook elementary were suicidal either or were gunned down by some gang member!''

Or that retired cop that started shooting in that Wesley Chapel movie theater because of someone's cell phone!!?!?!?! No gang there....

Excuses, excuses...
Cherry picking a few stories should not cause for everyone to hide under their beds. It use to be as a country when Evil people do bad things we lock them up so they can no longer do Evil things. Now we just make excuses for them and their actions and blame inanimate things for their EVIL. I guess it makes some "feel" better so lets push logic aside. Before you can fix the problem you need to see it. Taking guns away from evil does not change evil people.

“The data show that the societal burden of firearm violence falls predominately on older white men and involves primarily suicide, not homicide,” he added.

Gun suicides far more common than homicides | Reuters

Old 03-24-2015, 10:07 AM

877 posts, read 1,913,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Blame the "feminist" movement that sent moms to work instead of being home to PARENT, and then blame large greedy corporations for making laws to suit them not paying livable wages so moms don't have to work 3 jobs to pay for daycare and not be home to PARENT!
Oh, please shut up.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:21 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Gun control doesn't have any effect upon these criminals with illegal guns, they don't even have permits.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
...and I realize it is their "right" but it doesn't mean they have to exercise that right...
If you are prevented from exercising it, is it still actually a right?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The problem is Americans love their guns...I don't understand it and have tangled with many posters on this very forum over it...So for change there has to be a willingness to...add to the overall unwillingness the NRA influence...it will never happen...Let me add for those of us who live in rural areas where waiting for help to arrive could take 20 minutes or more there is a need for self protection...but for some guy who lives in a community like Palm Harbor (I picked it because I live there) to own multiple guns and carry one when you go shopping in the local Publix is insanity...and I realize it is their "right" but it doesn't mean they have to exercise that right...
Quote:
Reddick said what's happening in his district, specifically Sulphur Springs, makes his stomach turn.
“You can’t sit on your porch and play domino without someone shooting you? It's sad. You can't go to a party, a teen party.... frustration boils over, someone has a gun there? It's sickening.”
But it's not just the violence that worries the councilman, it's the culture of secrecy surrounding the recent deadly shootings, that is making him put his foot down.
“This thing that goes in the black community, not to snitch. You can’t snitch on your brother, cant snitch on your sister. We need to change that," he said.
It was probably some middle class white guy on his way to Publix shooting up domino games and parties in Sulphur Springs.......in liberals' dreams. Too blind to even see black and white.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 AM

16 posts, read 14,153 times
Quote:

Since we are throwing away Constitutional rights, are you also for ending freedom of speech? Religion? Press? Protest? Illegal seizures? Searches? Do I need to go on? Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it should be banned. Where in the Constitution does it state that only rural Americans should have the right to bear arms? People need to stop crying about gun ownership and worry more about their parenting skills and take care of their mentally ill family members so they don't have access to guns.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:35 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Guns itself are good, people are stupid and evil end of story.

As we say, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Ive had a gun in my possession for many years.
It hasnt killed or harmed anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay