Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Ok now you've gone and made me fell badly about disagreeing with you LOl! Wishing you only the best in your recovery!!
Never a problem with disagreeing. It's what a discussion is all about. Different points of view. All is okay.

Thank you, but unfortunately no recovery possible for me. Things have gotten worse, additional things discovered and I am just waiting it out until my expiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 11:58 PM

161 posts, read 273,778 times
How did he get the gyroscope from Florida to Gettysburg?
Isn't this contraption a bit expensive on a postman's salary?

Old 04-17-2015, 05:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebin View Post
How did he get the gyroscope from Florida to Gettysburg?
Isn't this contraption a bit expensive on a postman's salary?
Easy to put in the back on a trailer. Possibly partially disassembled. He's got his 15 mins of fame.

Unfortunately, some other yahoo will see this and do something similarly or worse. Over the years several nutjobs have taken guns into national monuments, front of the White House, museums, and DC sites and shot away to prove their points. Luckily this guy didn't go to that extreme - but this news probably only helps seeking notoriety.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:35 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Anyone who thinks this stunt has furthered this guy's 'cause' are kidding themselves. All anyone takes away from this story is: oh great, another nut job.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:58 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Anyone who thinks this stunt has furthered this guy's 'cause' are kidding themselves. All anyone takes away from this story is: oh great, another nut job.
I watch multiple national news and they are talking about his civil disobedience (yes, they called it that), the fact that it highlighted that one can indeed "fly under the radar" AND about what he wanted discussed.

It seems to me that this is a win, win, win.

I expect a plea deal out of this, so I wonder how many years of the possible four he will spend in jail.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
the only thing he accomplished in my opinion is to show postal workers are indeed squirrely, that our homeland security department has some major issues (as we've already found out with other oddballs), and that we as a nation are an easy prey to acts of terror whenever, wherever someone wanted.....can you imagine the horror of a terrorist flying one of those lawnchair planes into a full NFL football stadium and self detonating an attached bomb......this guy proved that it can happen.

btw, his issue with campaign finance? only a footnote to the whole story.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
the only thing he accomplished in my opinion is to show postal workers are indeed squirrely, that our homeland security department has some major issues (as we've already found out with other oddballs), and that we as a nation are an easy prey to acts of terror whenever, wherever someone wanted.....can you imagine the horror of a terrorist flying one of those lawnchair planes into a full NFL football stadium and self detonating an attached bomb......this guy proved that it can happen.

btw, his issue with campaign finance? only a footnote to the whole story.
^^^ this...double lol about postal workers...I'm old enough to remember the term "going postal"...

Old 04-17-2015, 08:02 AM

490 posts, read 584,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Please, let's not compare this to blacks who sat down at Whites Only counter at restaurant in the early 60s. That was civil disobedience.

You do realize in addition to facing jail time he will be fired from the Post Office? At age 60 and so close to retirement that was foolish.

All he did was reinforce the fact that FL is loaded with more than their fairs share of loons.

It's just too bad they didn't shoot him down.

You don't know he will be fired from the USPS, and even if he is convicted his retirement will be intact.

The bolded part of your post definitely reenforces how correct you are about loons in Florida though.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:10 AM

490 posts, read 584,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
OJ Simpson received a lot of support around this country...so what is your point??? Yes let's every American make our flight plans public and contact the SS and local authorities and let them know we are coming...let's pick a date say September 11th? Sounds like a good day...
You sound as if you are afraid of your shadow. This is America there are risk with freedom, perhaps we should barricade the grounds on the Mall like you would find in Red China, North Korea or Iran? It was not very nice visiting my home of DC after 9-11 with sand bags , and military weapons on every corner. Sadly a event such as 9-11 was always possible even before 2001. I contend only the very naive or those with a false sense of superiority would fail to understand this.
To equate every silly or stupid act of civil disobedience on a level of 9-11 is pure fear mongering and a real wimp.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:51 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
You sound as if you are afraid of your shadow. This is America there are risk with freedom, perhaps we should barricade the grounds on the Mall like you would find in Red China, North Korea or Iran? It was not very nice visiting my home of DC after 9-11 with sand bags , and military weapons on every corner. Sadly a event such as 9-11 was always possible even before 2001. I contend only the very naive or those with a false sense of superiority would fail to understand this.
To equate every silly or stupid act of civil disobedience on a level of 9-11 is pure fear mongering and a real wimp.
Not a wimp...lol...if you can't or won't see how something like this can impact on the actions of our enemies then you are very naive...of course in a free society such as ours we always be at more risks then say China,N.Korea etc... that's not my point...of course one man on a gyro-copter couldn't achieve death and destruction at 9/11 levels and in fact he looked fairly comical...what is not funny though was how easily he was able to accomplish it...with no resistance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay