Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:37 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

Now that is what I call a personal attack, numerous instances and it will be reported. First of all, you know nothing about automobiles, past present or future. I owned a classic for 17 years and drove it daily.

I dont know what u buy that is made in China, but most merchandise in the world is made there now.
I have numerous items that carry the "Made in China" label and have not had any problems with them. Your thinking is archaic.

FYI - indeed the art deco style has been gone since the 1950's. The Chrysler Building and many other NYC landmarks are in need of major restoration. Due to leaks in the spire, the building has had extensive renovation. Restoration of the spire was finished in 2002. This structure has had serious waterproofing problems over the years. While the stainless steel skin looked great from below, it had it’s fair share of water problems. In the past 10 years, there’s been some serious repairs to the ever-leaking problems. While the stainless steel crown looked great, it unfortunately leaked. It’s taken a very large and costly effort to get it under control. The lobby is open to the public and many do walk through it to admireits greatness. One need only stand by the elevators to see their intricate construction and design when the doors open. After that – there’s nothing really to see.
Like the Empire State Building, the “business” part of the Chrysler Building is chopped up into small, quite bland, office suites. The floor plans are actually quite small. Again, like the Empire State Building as an office building, the Chrysler is quite inefficient.The 1920's electrical system cannot support a modern office. Let's not even touch on the plumbing problems. This holds true with most buildings built in 20's and 30's. Your lack of knowledge has again shown brightly.

Yes, many countries have been around for thousands of years but none of them have reached the levels of American fortitude and they never will. The US rebuilt Europe after WWII, rebuilt Japan. We were the country who bailed our Europe in WW I as well.

Greece became the first developed economy to default on debt to the International Monetary Fund.

No, I rarely see a posting of yours that makes any sense at all.

Anytime you or anyone else here posts complete nonsense or uses this forum as their personal political soapbox I will be responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Right, they weren't because they had quality stuff. It's much better now to buy all this Made In China $hit that last two days and spend more money keep buying it! That's much "smarter"!

You obviously have no appreciation for classics to make such a rude comment towards the Chrysler building. It's people like you that we have to blame for degrading our society.
Those types of buildings NEVER go out of style, and to say those cars will make "classics" it's insulting to people's intelligence! but that was really funny....hahahahahaha Those aren't "classics" those are the ugliest things ever! Tiny city cars with no character! Not surprising coming from you tho...Obviously you've never been around "real" classic cars. I don't like Porche's of any sort, too close to the ground for my taste. Not to mention that we don't have Autobahn's here to actually speed with those cars, so to drag them at 70mph is really not that interesting.

I am not looking for my "pockets to get fuller", because I am not driven by how many zeros are in my bank account; I know, tough concept for someone like you.

This country has been around for 239 years, while most others have been around for some thousands of years, and have had long lasting civilizations that most Americans either don't know about nor care to know, people who've left amazing things behind. What are we leaving behind??? Really, go study some history. Greece failed because it tried to simulate American Capitalism that won't ever work on any European, or other country in the world, because those people know what's theirs, and know how to demand respect from those leading them. The Gov here is made from very rich business people completely disconnected from real life; the sole fact that America treats its people like dirty diapers is proof of the hostility against the average citizen.

My arguments are directed at the Gov, because my Publix cashier is not the one deciding to increase my toll fees! Make sense?

Tampa doesn't need toll road increases.

How about you don't reply to my posts! OK!

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 07-13-2015 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
You started attacking me, by assuming that all Americans think like you.

I didn't ask you to reply, and my post had to do with increasing tolls in Tampa, which I still disagree with considering that there is no public transit available to alleviate our wallets.

I know a classic car when I see one. the one's you posted won't ever make a "classic". Sorry you disagree.

I am done replying to you. We don't belong to the same generation, nor believe in the same things, so we have nothing to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Now that is what I call a personal attack, numerous instances and it will be reported. First of all, you know nothing about automobiles, past present or future. I owned a classic for 17 years and drove it daily.

I dont know what u buy that is made in China, but most merchandise in the world is made there now.
I have numerous items that carry the "Made in China" label and have not had any problems with them. Your thinking is archaic.

FYI - indeed the art deco style has been gone since the 1950's. The Chrysler Building and many other NYC landmarks are in need of major restoration. Due to leaks in the spire, the building has had extensive renovation. Restoration of the spire was finished in 2002. This structure has had serious waterproofing problems over the years. While the stainless steel skin looked great from below, it had it’s fair share of water problems. In the past 10 years, there’s been some serious repairs to the ever-leaking problems. While the stainless steel crown looked great, it unfortunately leaked. It’s taken a very large and costly effort to get it under control. The lobby is open to the public and many do walk through it to admireits greatness. One need only stand by the elevators to see their intricate construction and design when the doors open. After that – there’s nothing really to see.
Like the Empire State Building, the “business” part of the Chrysler Building is chopped up into small, quite bland, office suites. The floor plans are actually quite small. Again, like the Empire State Building as an office building, the Chrysler is quite inefficient.The 1920's electrical system cannot support a modern office. Let's not even touch on the plumbing problems. This holds true with most buildings built in 20's and 30's. Your lack of knowledge has again shown brightly.

Yes, many countries have been around for thousands of years but none of them have reached the levels of American fortitude and they never will. The US rebuilt Europe after WWII, rebuilt Japan. We were the country who bailed our Europe in WW I as well.

Greece became the first developed economy to default on debt to the International Monetary Fund.

No, I rarely see a posting of yours that makes any sense at all.

Anytime you or anyone else here posts complete nonsense or uses this forum as their personal political soapbox I will be responding.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:57 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
Quote:
Right, they weren't because they had quality stuff. It's much better now to buy all this Made In China $hit that last two days and spend more money keep buying it! That's much "smarter"!

You obviously have no appreciation for classics to make such a rude comment towards the Chrysler building. It's people like you that we have to blame for degrading our society.
Those types of buildings NEVER go out of style, and to say those cars will make "classics" it's insulting to people's intelligence! but that was really funny....hahahahahaha Those aren't "classics" those are the ugliest things ever! Tiny city cars with no character! Not surprising coming from you tho...Obviously you've never been around "real" classic cars. I don't like Porche's of any sort, too close to the ground for my taste. Not to mention that we don't have Autobahn's here to actually speed with those cars, so to drag them at 70mph is really not that interesting.

I am not looking for my "pockets to get fuller", because I am not driven by how many zeros are in my bank account; I know, tough concept for someone like you.

This country has been around for 239 years, while most others have been around for some thousands of years, and have had long lasting civilizations that most Americans either don't know about nor care to know, people who've left amazing things behind. What are we leaving behind??? Really, go study some history. Greece failed because it tried to simulate American Capitalism that won't ever work on any European, or other country in the world, because those people know what's theirs, and know how to demand respect from those leading them. The Gov here is made from very rich business people completely disconnected from real life; the sole fact that America treats its people like dirty diapers is proof of the hostility against the average citizen.

My arguments are directed at the Gov, because my Publix cashier is not the one deciding to increase my toll fees! Make sense?

Tampa doesn't need toll road increases.

How about you don't reply to my posts! OK!

My advice is that you see a therapist.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:02 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,525,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Lmao, your not the only who feels that way.
Change her name to "offmymeds"

Old 07-02-2015, 09:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Why? Because I disagree with toll increases? I'm sure they'll get a good laugh!
Why do you assume I should agree with that? I have no reason to agree with price hikes!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You started attacking me, by assuming that all Americans think like you.

I didn't ask you to reply, and my post had to do with increasing tolls in Tampa, which I still disagree with considering that there is no public transit available to alleviate our wallets.

I know a classic car when I see one. the one's you posted won't ever make a "classic". Sorry you disagree.

I am done replying to you. We don't belong to the same generation, nor believe in the same things, so we have nothing to talk about.
The car I posted was my 1965 Ford Falcon. It was deemed a classic decades ago. The Falcon was one of the best selling cars in America and also was the best selling car in Australia. The photo was taken in 2002. Your ignorance shines through again.

Again, you post anti-American trash and you will hear from me. "I have never seen a country more blind to its own destruction" and what that has to do with a one or two cent toll increase is beyond my comprehension.

Algia, Algia10, PhotoproIP. or what ever other names you post or posted with, you should be deported back to Romania, a place where if you make anti-government statements, you disappear.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:15 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
Quote:
Why? Because I disagree with toll increases? I'm sure they'll get a good laugh!
Why do you assume I should agree with that? I have no reason to agree with price hikes!
No, because you go on rants over petty things and then personally attack others who don't agree with your opinion. You obviously have some underlying issue that should probably be addressed sooner rather than later.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
BUT Employers will not raise wages to "keep up with inflation"!
I have to disagree with that. Employers are raising wages and in fact salaries went up if you compare through years. If any specific employer is not increasing the salary, it's time to look for a new one. If you are good at what you are doing, your employer will gave you your current market salary.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I have to disagree with that. Employers are raising wages and in fact salaries went up if you compare through years. If any specific employer is not increasing the salary, it's time to look for a new one. If you are good at what you are doing, your employer will gave you your current market salary.
Its what they hear on TV so they parrot it. It may be different if the OP had a job.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:03 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Anecdotally? Yes. Otherwise, Tampa Bay area median income is lower than what was, say, 5 to six years ago. If we adjust for inflation, then the median income may not have increased for the last decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay