Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Clearwater FL is a Scientology town.
Hardly. Do you realize how large Clearwater is and how little of it is taken up by Scientologists? I guess L.A. must be one too.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Hardly. Do you realize how large Clearwater is and how little of it is taken up by Scientologists? I guess L.A. must be one too.
Way too much.

Read the indepth articles that the Tampa Bay/St. Pete times have done on them. They are not a nice cult at all. Warren Jeff would be proud to emulate Missedcabbage, ooops, meant Miscavage.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Way too much.

Read the indepth articles that the Tampa Bay/St. Pete times have done on them. They are not a nice cult at all. Warren Jeff would be proud to emulate Missedcabbage, ooops, meant Miscavage.
Oh, I don't care about the cult aspect. All religious "orginazations" are cults to some extent, IMO. I am not talking about "faith", just the organizations. I was taking exception to the opinion that Clearwater is a Scientology city. I am willing to wager my entire paycheck that the vast, overwhelming majority of people in Clearwater have nothing to do with Scientology. From an economic point of view, I believe they help the local area.......but they should pay taxes, as all religious "organizations" should, IMO. We would make even more money off of them.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:37 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,811,713 times
Quote:
From an economic point of view, I believe they help the local area.......but they should pay taxes, as all religious "organizations" should, IMO. We would make even more money off of them.
And how exactly they are helping local economy if they not paying any taxes? This "religion" is after people's money. It's crazy how they run their circus. I am still puzzled how any person with average and above average IQ can buy bs they are selling.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Oh, I don't care about the cult aspect. All religious "orginazations" are cults to some extent, IMO. I am not talking about "faith", just the organizations. I was taking exception to the opinion that Clearwater is a Scientology city. I am willing to wager my entire paycheck that the vast, overwhelming majority of people in Clearwater have nothing to do with Scientology. From an economic point of view, I believe they help the local area.......but they should pay taxes, as all religious "organizations" should, IMO. We would make even more money off of them.
I would concur, the vast majority of Clearwater residents are not Scientologists.

As far as economic impact? That may be debatable. The Harrison hotel took how long to renovate? 26 years or so? And not done by local contractors, but "volunteers" of the Sea Org. Many of the businesses the visiting Scientologists frequent are owned by... Scientology or Scientologists. I get a very uncomfortable feeling whenever I am in the area of their Flag buildings.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
And how exactly they are helping local economy if they not paying any taxes? This "religion" is after people's money. It's crazy how they run their circus. I am still puzzled how any person with average and above average IQ can buy bs they are selling.
Because the amount of people coming into town, results in the purchase of goods and services. There is more ways to skin a cat, than to collect simple tax on it.

I don't buy what ANY organized religion is selling, including the Scientologists, but I also do not have any hatred toward them. To me, the just are. I never had a problem being near them. They are just people who believe something different than I do. No biggie.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:45 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
^^^ Lol isn't it fascinating that just their mere presence offends so many?
It never ceases to amaze me how some people think they have the right to
make assumptions about others.....yet in all actualities know nothing about the organization.
My friend is a Scientologist...from him I've learned quite a bit....
It's not something I'm tempted to join, but I do support their efforts.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
^^^ Lol isn't it fascinating that just their mere presence offends so many?
It never ceases to amaze me how some people think they have the right to
make assumptions about others.....yet in all actualities know nothing about the organization.
My friend is a Scientologist...from him I've learned quite a bit....
It's not something I'm tempted to join, but I do support their efforts.
You may want to take your information from more than your 'friend'.

Is he clear yet? What OT level? Does he audit? In the Sea Org? Tell us more about your 'friend'. Have at 'er.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:28 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
^^^ Lol why in the world would I ever have to justify my
friend's belief system to you or anyone else?

Omg you guys are scarier than the Scientologists

Old 10-11-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
^^^ Lol why in the world would I ever have to justify my
friend's belief system to you or anyone else?

Omg you guys are scarier than the Scientologists
I see.

You claimed to know how great Scientologists were through your friend, and when you are asked extremely basic questions, you retreat and throw up a false argument.

Mod edit

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 10-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Nothing personal, please. Let's keep it a constructive discussion. Thx much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay