Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 10:59 AM

10 posts, read 8,141 times

Advertisements

good update from Mike Maloney on current state of the economy and housing. If you haven't watched it yet I also highly recommend his video series called "Hidden Secrets of Money" (available on his youtube channel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw2LU2ww9M

Last edited by ralphkaz; 08-02-2016 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 11:41 AM

747 posts, read 1,012,097 times
it's so easy to be a doomsayer.

would love to know exactly what they're investing in, as proof.

otherwise, it's a bunch of hot air. no better or worse than a rose-colored outlook.

had you shorted the s&p in the past few years listening to the doomsayers, you'd be in an absolute world of hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkaz View Post
good update from Mike Maloney on current state of the economy and housing. If you haven't watched it yet I also highly recommend his video series called "Hidden Secrets of Money" (available on his youtube channel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw2LU2ww9M

Old 08-02-2016, 01:29 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
Quote:
I don't think I'm ready to bet the farm on Mike Maloney's predictions. After all in 2010 he predicted $15,000 gold and $1,500 silver, and get this that silver would be 1/10th the price of gold. Imagine those who followed his advise on this and how foolish (and poor) they would have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFyfJtMtAYQ

Wrong on both. Gold today is $1,350/oz, Silver $20.50 which puts silver at 1.5% of price of gold, way short of 10% and hasn't never come close to 10%. And well, gold just touched $2,000, well short of $15,000. And Mike didn't even predict that bubble in pricing then.

Last edited by bobandsherry; 08-02-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 08-02-2016, 01:55 PM

10 posts, read 8,141 times
Agreed that the gold/silver predictions are way of. I don't really pay that much attention to "predictions" but focus on his analysis of actual hard data which he summarizes pretty well - after that you have to make up your own mind on where things are going. Also - I'll again plug his "Hidden Secrets of Money" series which is very well done and explains things that hardly anyone understands (where our money comes from).

Old 08-02-2016, 02:47 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
Quote:
Agreed that the gold/silver predictions are way of. I don't really pay that much attention to "predictions" but focus on his analysis of actual hard data which he summarizes pretty well - after that you have to make up your own mind on where things are going. Also - I'll again plug his "Hidden Secrets of Money" series which is very well done and explains things that hardly anyone understands (where our money comes from).
His "prediction" on gold and silver was certainly based on analysis of hard data he had then, illustrates how wrong the data points might be. Additionally, he is proclaimed to be an expert in metals and was so wrong. The charts that he shows in his current presentation also ignores indexing, so it's not apples to apples. Additionally, current dynamics are not the same as they were in 2008.

Agree that everyone needs to make up their own mind. For every seller there needs to be a buyer. One is going to be right, the other wrong.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:34 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayMark View Post
All real estate is LOCAL. As a banker, I can see for myself that there are pockets of absolutely inflated pricing, from Sarasota to Naples area. it can be even isolated down to builder and zipcode.

As a professional, and a trader, I don't need a graph to support the reality of inflated price points, esp price per square foot. Keep in mind, inflated prices may not necessitate the creation of a universal "bubble".

Look, the market is inflated...artificially so in many cases. For that matter, so is the entire equity market, but the BS euphoria of "all time highs" is meaningless in a fragile macro-economy. Our GDP is 1%, but the equity market is soaring to nosebleed territory...even a novice can spot a bs market...even in housing prices which invariably can not be sustained. It's a seller's market, not a buyers market.

Because "real" bankers spend all day posting mis-information on chat rooms all day. Right Shekie? LOL
Housing prices still have a ways to go before they 'nosebleed'. Informed buyers are living proof.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:53 PM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBad View Post
Why would anyone want to die, having paid off a house, or for that matter having paid off unsecured debt ??? lol...now that's really dumb ha ha...

If I know I'm going to die, before I do, I'm going to max out every unsecured credit card to the benefit of my children, or to my charity.

Then, they can elect to do what they want to do with a physical house, in re life insurance payouts ! what the hell do I care then, I would still be DEAD. LOL
I thought that unpaid debts from parents that become deceased are imposed on their children (18+) and collectors can hound them for payment plus interest?

I don't think that's 'a benefit for your kids.'

Old 08-02-2016, 05:23 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I thought that unpaid debts from parents that become deceased are imposed on their children (18+) and collectors can hound them for payment plus interest?

Never happened when my parents died owing 100k +. The house was turned over to me just before my father died. The collectors tried to lien the house, but it was too late as the house was in my name. I just had to pay off the reverse mortgage.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:22 AM

45 posts, read 49,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

Dead wrong. "unsecured debt" is unsecured. If a father or mother taps out an unsecured MasterCard and goes to buy a vehicle and title the vehicle in his daughter's name, it's DONE....ditto cash advances...how the hell can any bank lay a legitimate claim if the cash "disappears". Oh they can "try", but it ain't working. ha !

Old 08-16-2016, 10:45 PM

84 posts, read 146,854 times
Bottom line, to answer the OPs question, if you think you're going to stay in the Tampa area for the next 5-7 years or longer, buy a house, prices will fluctuate in that time but more than likely, you will break even and build a little equity. My personal opinion is that housing in Tampa is overpriced and will drop at the end of 2017 or early 2018 but if i had a crystal ball, i would have bought up everything in 2003 and sold in 2007 and then bought in 2011 and be selling now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay