Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:26 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Al the people Florida spit out have the same story. "It wasnt me, it was Florida's fault that I sank like a stone"
Ha. It's true and funny. Perhaps a form letter, just cut and paste on CD!

Old 09-21-2016, 10:04 AM

14 posts, read 15,061 times
The only people who are TROLLING are the miserable people who feel the need to comment on any post that doesn't say wonderful things about their beloved Floridia. This thread was a general statement yes I had heard from others that the wages were low but seeing is believing so I decided to see for myself whether than take someone's word low and behold they were correct this is not an opinion this is a fact. I have went on interviews and received job offers I work in healthcare case management utilization rep I make $18.35 at my current job in Indiana all the offers I received from Tampa the highest was $13.07 lowest $11.00 I have PROOF so that makes it a fact not an opinion! I have been working since I was 16 so it has nothing to do with work ethics It's about Floridias economy and I leave it at that some of you are plain old bored to sit on city data all day you are not looking to obtain or give valuable information you're only here to TROLL shows how happy you are with life.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
On another note, Just ate at Fresh Kitchen 3 rd time this month and we are addicted as it is delicious. Very crowded though, maybe they need a sister restaurant in SP. ?

Old 09-21-2016, 10:08 AM

14 posts, read 15,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyb2013 View Post
Just because a person is unhappy here or feels (knows) the wages are low doesn't necessarily mean they lack charisma and work ethic. It's okay to be unhappy here or miss "home" or want to move back. Normal people with fantastic jobs and incomes in the top 1% can also feel this way. Everyone has the right to.

People on this site call others out and basically insult them when they have an opinion (or post something factual or an actual experience) that is different than their own. Let people talk. Let others listen without shooting the messenger. Everyone has the right to feel one way or the other about life in FL. It doesn't mean they are a degenerate or a miserable person. They shouldn't be subject to insults and mass generalizations.

I think it's absolutely wonderful that some of you love it here and wouldn't call anywhere else home. I hope to be among you one day. But, in the meantime, you won't find me trolling your threads and insulting you because you truly cannot speak to the experiences of someone who is just starting out, or someone who moved here for a great job opportunity and didn't fall in love instantly. Just like it's perfectly acceptable to love FL and be a lovely, intelligent person, it's also possible to find FL unappealing and still be just as upstanding. Cyber bullying someone because they are unhappy or were truly dealt a bad hand is a new kind of low.
Some of these people are utterly disgusting makes you not want to move there any more if it's people like them there.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:31 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plola26 View Post
The only people who are TROLLING are the miserable people who feel the need to comment on any post that doesn't say wonderful things about their beloved Floridia. This thread was a general statement yes I had heard from others that the wages were low but seeing is believing so I decided to see for myself whether than take someone's word low and behold they were correct this is not an opinion this is a fact. I have went on interviews and received job offers I work in healthcare case management utilization rep I make $18.35 at my current job in Indiana all the offers I received from Tampa the highest was $13.07 lowest $11.00 I have PROOF so that makes it a fact not an opinion! I have been working since I was 16 so it has nothing to do with work ethics It's about Floridias economy and I leave it at that some of you are plain old bored to sit on city data all day you are not looking to obtain or give valuable information you're only here to TROLL shows how happy you are with life.
Are you an RN? Any degrees? How many years on the job??

Did you get those salary quotes from an employer you interviewed with in the area?

You're welcome to your opinion about local CD posters here and FL in general but there is a reason there are 20 million people here.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:09 PM

163 posts, read 183,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It really isnt the unhappiness but the extremely ridiculous level those who want to be elsewhere post.
Nobody is insulting or bullying anyone. Its a matter of rebutting the details some post that have no value to anyone and are in fact quite over the top. This phenomenon repeats itself for every poster who had a bad time while living, or trying to live in Florida. Its fine when people "talk" but the endless river of complaints from the same poster becomes quite ridiculous. Are there "shady" people in Florida? Certainly. They exist everywhere in the world. Nobody ever states what personal experience they had to come to the conclusion. Is it "hot a humid 10 months of the year", for some it could be found to be so but actual data shows that to be untrue. "The schools suck". Sure. Some do. Read the independent reports an d find out which ones suck. "the traffic is insane". Yes, during rush hours traffic can be difficult especially when there is an accident on a major road. "The rents are high". Yes they are. "Low paying jobs". Compared to where? Prevailing wages for a particular occupation would be the first thing I would check and verify before giving any further consideration to a place I may want to live.

It's never "hi gang. Just want everyone to know I want to leave FL, I dont like FL, I wish I never moved to FL. (and then specific reasons why)" Instead it is a constant barrage of the same trash time after time.

When someone, like myself, posts links to reliable information that discredits trash posts it is considered bullying or insulting I invite people to look at traffic cameras, historical and current weather facts, I post statistical data that is backed by reliable sources, I invite people to compare the weekly supermarket flyers for their area against local FL stores, I post actual school rating links, sheriff's crime logs, anything that provides a reader of this forum an avenue to review and research actuality vs. dribble. A lot of times I get back comments that discredit credible information because it is not in line with their thoughts.

Lots of people read these forums in hopes of getting true and reliable information and pointing out the differences between truth and trash is important to me.
I beg to differ. You, yes YOU, were extremely rude to me and told me that I should move back and also insulted my credibility. My few posts and comments aren't over the top, and my complaints are specific. My comments are intended to provide valuable information to people seeking details which cannot be garnered from simply Googling. These "statistics" you all tout are easy peasy to find by searching the internet. If people wanted statistics, they would just spend 30 seconds on Google and be all set. We all have access to Zillow, CNN Cost of Living Calculator, the BOL Statistics, etc.., BestSchools, and most of us are capable of analyzing the data.

When I was considering a move here, I searched the internet for statistics, and then I came here for answers from actual people, because the statistics are just averages and don't reflect the details I needed when considering a move. Now that I'm here, I only comment on posts where I can add value based on personal experiences, because I know that the statistics just average everything together. People need to know what's between the lines, and providing that information adds value, even if it doesn't line up with statistics.

We can all add value about living here, and most of us do in our own way. Even if it's unintentionally through poor grammar. Instead of bullying those with differing opinions, why not add some value yourself in the form of helping people with something they can't learn via Google alone. To the person complaining of low wages, tell them to apply at Starbucks or Trader Joe's, which pay above market for hourly jobs and offer fantastic health benefits. To the person who's lonely, share experiences of where you've made friends. This is an online COMMUNITY, not just a place to tear people down.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
If I came across as rude to you, please do accept my apologies as I am not a rude person and am open minded to others opinions, however, I will post rebuttal to statements that are inaccurate or unfounded. My earlier posting where I discussed exaggerated and inaccurate information was not made with any consideration of your posts.

When someone tells me the only jobs they are finding pay $8-11 an hour I know that person has very limited skills, ability and experience as I know for a fact that earning $10 an hour in Walmart is very easy to do and one cn earn higher wages when they stay with a job and continually strive to be better at that job.

Statistics are based on formulated, unwavering specifics so the resulting data is as true and correct as its going to ever be. It is not based on personal experiences. If data says that the average salary in Place Y is $X it is a figure derived from factual data provided by reputable sources and does not come from the person who's expertise is making a Whopper in record time.

Most of the posters here have been members here for several years and we do provide solid, truthful information to people who inquire. However, there are people who have never posted a word here and their first post is a diatribe expressing their dissatisfaction with every thing from air quality to the zoo. Most of it is exaggerated to the point of bordering on fantasy vs. reality. A few of your early posts had statements which were in your opinion true and correct. I proved that electric rates here are significantly lower than Charlotte, and that the COL actually isnt higher according to 3 COL calculators.
Since we are here to discuss actuality I showed actuality vs. opinion.

If someone makes a statement they should be able to back it up with one or more sources and not feeling "bullied" when sources are provide that dispute their statement.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:15 PM

24 posts, read 22,219 times
Join the low wage state I took a huge hit moving here from NYC, I was wrongly assuming that the costs here would be different. Well they are not baring the state tax and lower property tax. That is it food costs are high good luck also finding fish market or a vegetable stand..
Workforce is more for the manual labor folks with no desire to do anything else.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:04 PM

261 posts, read 260,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plola26 View Post
Thank you but this is considered me doing my research I am still employed and live in Indiana its not like I quit my job and moved to Tampa.
Stay there man, I just moved out of the Tampa suburbs a few months ago after 15 years and me and my wife who is the law field, moved to Lexington Ky she passed the KY bar and she already got a job as a lawyer and its much cheaper, less traffic and cleaner. Not looking forward to Snow really, but i rather than then sit in Traffic my entire life. The biggest change I see so far between the two places are the people are much nicer in Ky than Florida, it is really a shame what happened there, I heard Orlando is the same way as the Tampa area,

Old 09-23-2016, 07:48 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Stay there man, I just moved out of the Tampa suburbs a few months ago after 15 years and me and my wife who is the law field, moved to Lexington Ky she passed the KY bar and she already got a job as a lawyer and its much cheaper, less traffic and cleaner. Not looking forward to Snow really, but i rather than then sit in Traffic my entire life. The biggest change I see so far between the two places are the people are much nicer in Ky than Florida, it is really a shame what happened there, I heard Orlando is the same way as the Tampa area,
Lexington is a very underrated city. Lots going on, low COL, great weather, and also close to Louisville/Cincinnati. Enjoy it there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay