Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM

541 posts, read 2,285,731 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are any good Italian delis in Tampa....you know where you can get the meats, cheeses, olives, cannolis, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 04:14 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,310 times
Cool in my pre-kosher days

we went to A&N Pork Store on Hwy 19 in Clearwater. I'm 110% Italian from the NY metro area and old enough to KNOW my stuff. Nancy the prop. is a doll and "steela talka lika dis" and makes the BEST after myself of course. She even has sfogliatelle which are my favs. much more esoteric than cannoli and requiring more finess to make. They're in a strip center. They have it all.
Forget Mazzaro's in St. Pete, they're wanna be's. MY apt. mgr. who's also a paisana and was also in the hospitality ind. up north, agrees.
Didn't know about Alessi's until the pig was outlawed (in my life) but they're SOG in Tampa. You might want to check them out. They have a restaurant on NORTH Dale Mabry also in a strip center.
Buon Appetito

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
I was wondering if there are any good Italian delis in Tampa....you know where you can get the meats, cheeses, olives, cannolis, etc.?

Old 03-04-2008, 04:23 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,337 times
Hey Jessie-

Realizing this is not NY or Chicago....but are there any Russian/Jewish delis in Tampa or St. Pete? You know for when my parents come to visit!

Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
Cacciatore Brothers also has a great deli and meat market. They have prepared food plus cheeses, cold cuts and olives.

Alessi's bakery is off Habana on Cypress St, which is north of Kennedy, not SOG. Great deserts and they also serve breakfast and lunch. They serve cuban food too..
http://www.alessibakeries.com/menu.asp (broken link)

Here are some Jewish Delis
Jewish and Kosher Florida - Kosher Foods in Tampa, FL

Old 03-04-2008, 04:53 PM

541 posts, read 2,285,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
we went to A&N Pork Store on Hwy 19 in Clearwater. I'm 110% Italian from the NY metro area and old enough to KNOW my stuff. Nancy the prop. is a doll and "steela talka lika dis" and makes the BEST after myself of course. She even has sfogliatelle which are my favs. much more esoteric than cannoli and requiring more finess to make. They're in a strip center. They have it all.
Forget Mazzaro's in St. Pete, they're wanna be's. MY apt. mgr. who's also a paisana and was also in the hospitality ind. up north, agrees.
Didn't know about Alessi's until the pig was outlawed (in my life) but they're SOG in Tampa. You might want to check them out. They have a restaurant on NORTH Dale Mabry also in a strip center.
Buon Appetito
Very nice....Alessi's and A&N Pork Store....you gotta have a pork store! do they have fresh mozzarella at these places? Also, do the publix in Tampa have olive bars?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Smile thanks Keeper

I couldn't remember exactly which street it's on. MS moment
BTW there is no Kosher food at this point except a little at Publix and BJ's Club if you can use the quantities. I mean other than canned or packaged. It's pretty spotty and the challah at Publix is only really kosher if it's purchased raw and baked at home, assuming your home is kosher. Oh yes, Super Target has fresh meat or did. There are no restaurants yet. Our rabbi is in the process of opening a true kosher restaurant at Bais David on W. Swann. It will be called David's and at this point goes well beyond being a deli. One of the daughters-in-law is Israeli and a fantastic cook. She will be in charge of the kitchen. Not to get into technicalities that don't interest everyone but this will be the most strictly kosher you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Cacciatore Brothers also has a great deli and meat market. They have prepared food plus cheeses, cold cuts and olives.

Alessi's bakery is off Habana on Cypress St, which is north of Kennedy, not SOG. Great deserts and they also serve breakfast and lunch. They serve cuban food too..
Welcome to Alessi Bakery - Tampa, Florida (http://www.alessibakeries.com/menu.asp - broken link)

Here are some Jewish Delis
Jewish and Kosher Florida - Kosher Foods in Tampa, FL

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,245,112 times
Quote:
Very nice....Alessi's and A&N Pork Store....you gotta have a pork store! do they have fresh mozzarella at these places? Also, do the publix in Tampa have olive bars?
No olive bars, but Publix also has fresh mozz.
I just found a good italian delia in New Tampa, but can't remember the names. I got fresh mozz, good meat, and pre-made chicken marsala that was awesome. I can give you directions if you want.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 PM

Default Si, at A&N at least

Try Sweet Bay. They are Hannaford's based in Maine.

gotta admit, I miss the cold cuts. If I could get a kosher goose, I could make a good substitute Our heritage is so rich and wide reaching. I've needed a breakfast that I don't have to cook for the Sabbath (it needed to be better than cereal) so I just started making a Pasticciera di Pasqua on Fri. and eating it cold. I sorta developed a quick form of it using matzoh meal so it's good even for Passover.

Quote:

Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,337 times
Great Thanks Keeper and Jessie.

I don't think there are any Russian delis or restaurants in Tampa, but there are a couple in St. Petersburg, no surprise
FYI- Many Russian delis have some Italian type foods as well such as meats.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,499 times
Mazzaro's in St. Petersburg.

Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Petersburg, Fl - Bakery, Deli, Cheese Room, Meat Department, Wine Room

This is the best italian food i've ever eaten. It's super expensive, but it rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay