Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 03:29 PM

554 posts, read 977,400 times

Advertisements

I lived in DTSP until a few years ago. While there are a lot of 'hipsters' and leftist in St. Pete. What I remember is that if you stroll around the bay or Central ave, you can find people in all groups. I would sit outside Crowleys and I would see the collage crowd running around, see the 20 somethings hanging out at the bars, and the hipsters and the LBGT crowd, and mixed all through this were the tourist, the 30 and up crowd and the middle aged locals like me and my neighbors. All hanging out in the same few blocks area having a good time with no one bothering anyone. (now at 2am, it may be a bit different lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 11:51 PM

156 posts, read 174,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Weirdo haven, is that another GOP catch phrase for educated professionals?
It certainly is. I'm sure he/she blames all their misfortunes on Biden/Obama/Hillary as well.

St. Petersburg has, arguably, the best downtown of any city in Florida. I'm glad that it's changed so much for the better! And I hope it continues to do so.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:49 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
I lived in DTSP until a few years ago. While there are a lot of 'hipsters' and leftist in St. Pete. What I remember is that if you stroll around the bay or Central ave, you can find people in all groups. I would sit outside Crowleys and I would see the collage crowd running around, see the 20 somethings hanging out at the bars, and the hipsters and the LBGT crowd, and mixed all through this were the tourist, the 30 and up crowd and the middle aged locals like me and my neighbors. All hanging out in the same few blocks area having a good time with no one bothering anyone. (now at 2am, it may be a bit different lol)
Where is Crowleys??? I missed that one.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:59 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdl76 View Post
It certainly is. I'm sure he/she blames all their misfortunes on Biden/Obama/Hillary as well.

St. Petersburg has, arguably, the best downtown of any city in Florida. I'm glad that it's changed so much for the better! And I hope it continues to do so.
As someone who likes to drive from Gainesville to St. Pete for mini vacations, I concur. Love downtown St. Pete!

Old 03-12-2021, 10:37 AM

554 posts, read 977,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Where is Crowleys??? I missed that one.
I believe that it closed after I moved from St. Pete. It used to site on Central between the cigar bar and the Oyster bar (Mastrys)

Old 03-17-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
As someone who likes to drive from Gainesville to St. Pete for mini vacations, I concur. Love downtown St. Pete!
Very true. Finding it hard to find a USA downtown that beats it.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:24 AM

61 posts, read 82,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdl76 View Post
Has it changed? -- YES -- And all for the better.

I see there's a few disgruntled posters here who preferred St. Pete when it was "Gods waiting list" and the downtown core was dead, run down and less gay... However, for the rest of us more progressive-minded people, St. Pete has made leaps and bounds in the right direction. So come on back, you'll love it! (Unless you identify with the sentiments of those disgruntled posters).
Wow, I'm a native, not a newcomer, and sorry I must say, SP has not changed all for the better at all, in terms of leadership, over-crowding, and crime just to mention a few. Go read the latest crime stats for yourself! there's nothing to brag about going in the "right direction". I don't know what's you're referencing.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLathrup View Post
Wow, I'm a native, not a newcomer, and sorry I must say, SP has not changed all for the better at all, in terms of leadership, over-crowding, and crime just to mention a few. Go read the latest crime stats for yourself! there's nothing to brag about going in the "right direction". I don't know what's you're referencing.
It's 10000 x better now, than ever.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:20 PM

61 posts, read 82,567 times
wow, Every official would beg to disagree:

With a crime rate of 39 per one thousand residents, St. Petersburg has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 26.

According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in St. Petersburg is 3,805.1 per 100,000 people. That's 53.63% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 50.75% higher than the Florida total crime rate of 2,524.1 per 100,000 people.

Sorry, St. Pete is NOT 10000 times better, only a blind man, denier, newcomer or a booster would make that specious claim.

I don't live in la-la land, smoke dope, or from San Francisco.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:47 AM

156 posts, read 174,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLathrup View Post
wow, Every official would beg to disagree:

With a crime rate of 39 per one thousand residents, St. Petersburg has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 26.

According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in St. Petersburg is 3,805.1 per 100,000 people. That's 53.63% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 50.75% higher than the Florida total crime rate of 2,524.1 per 100,000 peop

Sorry, St. Pete is NOT 10000 times better, only a blind man, denier, newcomer or a booster would make that specious claim.

I don't live in la-la land, smoke dope, or from San Francisco.

Are things gonna improve in St. Pete when trump takes back the election that was stolen from him and continues to make American great again??
Those damned liberals have ruined downtown St. Pete, haven't they? 15 years ago it was a desolate place with nothing going on, now it's one of the liveliest downtowns in all of Florida, and it's absolutely horrible, right guy?
You sound really scared. Just stay indoors until trump is back in office, then you'll be safe to walk the streets again. Stay strong!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay