Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 06:19 AM

224 posts, read 228,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiultra View Post
UPDATE: i found a nice couple i can rent from off Kipling Plaza on Clearwater Beach Island, only a mile and a half from where id likely work near pier, but since i still wont have car is there plenty of public places i can take take shelter if say a lightning storm came up while on my way walking home or to work??
Not really. North of Bay Esplanade is mostly residential, which would be at least 2/3 of your walk. And south of there (small bars & grills) would probably be mostly closed if you're talking before 9am. The larger resorts south of Bay Esplanade would probably work while you're in that vicinity. But don't take my word for it, check around on Google Maps using the Streetview tool along your intended walk:

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9907.../data=!3m1!1e3

Quote:
Do those storms ever happen early in morning like before 8:30am?
Occasionally, but mostly afternoon/late evening, at least between about June through late October-early November. Then during winter/spring, there will be cold fronts with squall lines that can pass through at any time of day.

Also, see my previous post about licensing/car registration:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
Quote:
Ill get a car but problem is i know it takes so long to get official proof of address change from usps that i wont be able to register a car there for about a month until i can get a place of residence and get a license switched over. I cant buy a florida car with an out of state license and register it in Florida. Takes awhile to change license over with all the residency proof they demand.
You have been given false information.

You can do all of the above with an out-of-state license, including getting Florida auto insurance, buying a car, and getting it registered in this state.

-Or if you'd prefer getting a Florida driver license first (not that you'd need it)-

You can get a Florida driver license with little proof of residence: You could pull out a postmarked junk flyer from the mailbox, take it with you to the DMV (along with your REAL-ID compliant identity documents), and use form HSMV 71120 Certification of Address as the second "proof" of address.

The above "REAL-ID" checklist includes only an abbreviated list of what can be used for proof of residential address...A postmarked piece of mail (from anywhere) also meets the state requirement. It doesn't even have to have your name on it.

But don't take my word for it...Try it there yourself.
And contrary to what a follow-on post implied, none of this is "fraud"...It's why the state has the form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 02:34 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
UPDATE: i found a nice couple i can rent from off Kipling Plaza on Clearwater Beach Island, only a mile and a half from where id likely work near pier, but since i still wont have car is there plenty of public places i can take take shelter if say a lightning storm came up while on my way walking home or to work?? Do those storms ever happen early in morning like before 8:30am? Thanks! This is a great opportunity i dont wanna blow but i still have this big fear of getting zapped since i will be walking always (the trolley doesnt start til after 9 so that doesnt help with work.) Thanks!

Yes, we do get some early/mid-a.m. t-storms.

Always respect the lightning - even if the skies above are clear and you hear thunder in the distance, be very cautious. Might want to do a daily weather check to seen when the t-storms are expected to move in. I've learned my lesson as I've ignored the warnings and have been in some high risk predicaments.

Happy to see you've worked out your living arrangements. Hope you like it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay