Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 PM

20 posts, read 91,650 times

Advertisements

Please someone give me the TRUTH...Is Dunedin really as nice as it seems...
Are the people friendly and is there a mix retire folk and younger folk,too....
Pet friendly? How about jobs???Are there any???
Thanks for your feed-back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 05:51 PM

90 posts, read 353,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypicker View Post
Dunedin is lovely. I've seen young people and people my own age (mid-50's) in the shops and restaurants there.

As for jobs? Unless you're a Registered Nurse, you're not going to make any money anywhere in Florida.

Dunedin's a bit off the beaten path, but I'll be moving there shortly and working in Tampa. Hope the commute's not too terrible.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 PM

43 posts, read 258,581 times
Default Dunedin is a gem

Dunedin is a gem. We looked around the general Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Oldsmar area. We settled on Dunedin and like it so far. We moved into our new home about 2 weeks ago.

Dunedin is a small town and has that small town feel but everyone I've met seems friendly. I like the diversity (Retirees, Long Time Locals, Younger Families, Gay Families etc...). I wish there was a bit more racial diversity. Although my daughter's private school 1st grade class has 6 out of 16 hispanic-american children (including my daughter).

You'll love Dunedin. If buying a home - its a great time to buy. We got a great deal.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM

One more thing. If you are in a speciality profession - you may find a large company in Tampa that is unable to find local candidates. E.g: I run an HR Systems/Payroll department and the move from the NE was a great all around move. So if you can get great work before arriving - that would be the way to go.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:44 AM

792 posts, read 2,293,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypicker View Post
I never cared a whole lot for dunedin. My kid went to the middle school there and it was terrible. Lots of violence.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the feed back...No children so thats no problem (schools)
A bit concerned about the violence, is in just in schools or over all....I know no city is crime free...But would like to feel comfortably walkin to town.....

Old 04-23-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjtoledo View Post
Dunedin is a gem. We looked around the general Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Oldsmar area. We settled on Dunedin and like it so far. We moved into our new home about 2 weeks ago.

Dunedin is a small town and has that small town feel but everyone I've met seems friendly. I like the diversity (Retirees, Long Time Locals, Younger Families, Gay Families etc...). I wish there was a bit more racial diversity. Although my daughter's private school 1st grade class has 6 out of 16 hispanic-american children (including my daughter).

You'll love Dunedin. If buying a home - its a great time to buy. We got a great deal.
What are the better communities...Range 100,000 to 150,000...Are visiting in December...Thanks again

Old 04-23-2008, 02:55 PM

90 posts, read 353,145 times
violence?? in DUNEDIN????

omg, i've been warned to stay away from St Pete, and parts of Tampa, but DUNEDIN?? it's a quaint beautiful little town; this is the very first time i have ever heard anyone say anything bad about Dunedin.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:27 PM

Same here. Never heard Dunedin and violence in the same sentence.

CherryPicker: I would say that if you are looking for a small single family detached home (2BR/1.5) on the nicer areas/streets in Dunedin (Fairway estates, 2 circles South of Downtown and west of Douglass or areas 1 mile from main street), you could be looking at 180-200s. Although many of the homes in Dunedin are not large on average. I'd speak w/ a realtor though...

Old 04-23-2008, 08:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Smile Dunedin

I spoke to several people in Dunedin last weekend as we were supposed to be there last weekend, however, trip is now on for May 2nd through the 5th. I'm putting that in writing!!!

Anyway, I asked about crime to everyone I spoke to and they said - "what crime, here?" And, these were business owners in the quaint downtown area.

Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and kind and accomodating since I had to make 2 changes!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay