Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:06 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Ya it sure help how it feels. I am less than .05 miles from the gulf and when we are in a reverse west wind flow blowing off of 90 degree water temps it feels like pure hell. I don't care what anyone says, it's a nitemare. The poster above me is in total loss on how our summer T- storm machine works.
It ain't a nightmare to me.
I love the heat and I love the humidity.
Just do what they do in the tropics and acclimatise your body to the elements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It ain't a nightmare to me.
I love the heat and I love the humidity.
Just do what they do in the tropics and acclimatise your body to the elements.
I have lived here all my life. Just that now i am on the coast i see very little rain in the summer and solid sunshine whenever we are in a reverse west windlfow. It's not so bad when we are in what used to be our normal southeast windflow . Just think nice it would be in the summer if the gulf temps were around 60 degrees.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
About to subject myself to 3 weeks of that Florida heat and humidity,after the last couple of months here in Montreal of temps below freezing many days of temps in the minus side of zero an immediate insertion of temps in the 80s with lots of humidity is going to be something akin to a visit to hell as i really like cold weather and dont like hot and humid weather..
To answer the obvious question- its a family affair.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:23 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
About to subject myself to 3 weeks of that Florida heat and humidity,after the last couple of months here in Montreal of temps below freezing many days of temps in the minus side of zero an immediate insertion of temps in the 80s with lots of humidity is going to be something akin to a visit to hell as i really like cold weather and dont like hot and humid weather..
When you coming. It is dry, not humid here now......and it is not in the 80's. Are you planning on coming in July or something?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Just got back from spending a few days in the general area where your going. It took a day or so to adjust. Now's the time to go. It was no where near as uncomfortable as its going to be. A week in March and a week in November works great for us. A dip in the Gulf actually felt pretty good.

Last edited by Ken E; 03-09-2014 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Just got back from spending a few days in the general area where your going. It took a day or so to adjust. Now's the time to go. It was no where near as uncomfortable as its going to be. A week in March and a week in November works great for us. A dip in the Gulf actually felt pretty good.
You went in the water? It's cold now.

You are braver than me.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post

You are braver than me.
The water must be around 70 degrees there. That's actually pretty nice.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
When you coming. It is dry, not humid here now......and it is not in the 80's. Are you planning on coming in July or something?
I`m packing the car now, i should pull into Mom and Dads place around lunchtime Tuesday, if the temps are much above 75 i`m gonna be uncomfortable .

Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
The water must be around 70 degrees there. That's actually pretty nice.
The reason i dont go in the ocean beside the fact that the water tastes like hell is all those things with fangs,teeth,stingers and sharks just waiting to eat me. I`ll stick with the heated pools at least in them you can see if a carnivore is in the pool before jumping in....

Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:

You are braver than me.
There seems to be a lot of those "Polar Plunges" going on up here lately to raise money for different charaties ect. The water is a chilly 34 degrees here now. Now that's COLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay