Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 14,312 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our 2 boys, 7 & 11 are planning on moving in July to the Odessa area. I am wondering what school district people would recommend or schools for that matter. I know Odessa can either go to Pasco or Hillsborough. What neighborhoods are super family friendly. We are moving from the top school district in Minnesota so I am very concerned about getting them to the right school and neighborhood. They both have extra services they require at school. Would you recommend Odessa over Trinity? How about Tarpon Springs? Thank you for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,784 times
I wouldn't recommend Odessa over Trinity. Trinity schools fall into the following: Trinity Elementary, Seven Springs Middle, and Mitchell High. All three are newer and good schools; my kids have been in the district from the beginning.
Odessa does have some nice areas, and I am not too familiar with the Hillsborough portion of it; although that appears pretty nice as well. There are only a couple of small developments in the Odessa area that are newer and family oriented. However, the rest of Odessa is trailers and run-down homes (Ogden Loop and the next street down off 54, I think it's Altamonte). Once you get out toward the Suncoast, it pick up, and the homes out there are very nice (Ballantrae). I would say Trinity is a lot better though. It's not inconsistent...Trinity is all nice homes throughout...period. Thousand Oaks, Trinity Oaks, Heritage Springs, etc. are all great areas to raise a family and are safe.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 AM

6 posts, read 14,312 times
Thank you I aprreciate any info I can get. The 2 things I am freaking out about the most are what neighborhodd. We were out this last weekend and saw the Foxwood neighborhood and it is really packed in. I did'nt see a lot of kids, but who knows why. My boys are in 1st and 6th and both receive extra help at our current school. Not a huge amount of services but some. I am worried that they won't receive the same level.
Do you know anything about the Tarpon Springs area east of 611?

Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 PM

44 posts, read 190,730 times
wow that was quite a Moderator cut: .. response. Odessa (hillsborough portion) is Tampa's best kept secret. Many homes are lakefront properties and the area houses a majority of Tampas most successful people. Many of the homes are multi-million dollar mansions (my 5000 sq ft house is MODEST here). Most communities are gated, and many homes on land have thier own gates as well. Anyways with that said, the schools in this area are superb. Great grade/middle/junior high schools and best high schools, Sickles and now Steinbrenner High (yes George Steinbrenner funded that project). I myself came from up north, and now in Tampa...... my wife and I both commute an hour each way to work just because we don't want to leave this area. By FAR, the best area to live. Not to say Trinity isn't nice, but it takes more driving to get places from there. In Odessa, you're just north of all shopping, have access to Veterans within a mile, and have a short commute to Tampa, Ybor, airport etc.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-24-2010 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: don't call other posters ignorant

Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM

44 posts, read 190,730 times
I will agree that north of county line road Odessa is old run down trailers but that is because that is Pasco County. You need to look into the Keystone area (which has an Odessa mailing city).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay