Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 22,433 times

Advertisements

well, here comes another Floridian to Tennessee! Getting ready to retire, TN looks gorgeous. Love the mountains and the water. Trying to research the area thru the computer. Desires: waterfront home....year round water (learned that one!), small community, mountain views. Have two goldens who love the water. Quiet, neighborly people. Like the Lake Chickmauga area; Lakesite and Soddy Daisy. Spending a few days end of July to "look." Any campgrounds near these two towns? Don't mind going to "town" now and then for supplies....like it small. Just don't know where to "look." Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
Judi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
I lived in Lakesite and loved the community. You are not far from major shopping there as well (15 minutes from Soddy or Hixson). Basically Lakesite is north Hixson or south Soddy Daisy so it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other there lol. Lakesite is it's own town run by elected commisioners, an incorperated municipality. I would consider it one of our nicer well established areas with little to no riff raff. For campgrounds you have Chester Frost Park close by.

City of Lakesite, Tennessee - Home

Old 07-02-2007, 12:46 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,462 times
Thumbs up Three nice Campsites.

J.J. Seems like good news. J.W. Mentioned the big beautiful county park and north of there is two tva / contractor parks that have been re-modeled this summer near Possum (Me) and Sale creek.
Many of our church friends have waterfront and noticed a few signs recently on my motorcycle rides. More than welcome to visit our corner of Paradise. Very big car show, music , fireworks on Wednesday in Soddy_daisy,(A place as unique as it's name).
Got a few tarzen ropes waitin for you guys. ...........[/IMG]

Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Unhappy thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
J.J. Seems like good news. J.W. Mentioned the big beautiful county park and north of there is two tva / contractor parks that have been re-modeled this summer near Possum (Me) and Sale creek.
Many of our church friends have waterfront and noticed a few signs recently on my motorcycle rides. More than welcome to visit our corner of Paradise. Very big car show, music , fireworks on Wednesday in Soddy_daisy,(A place as unique as it's name).
Got a few tarzen ropes waitin for you guys. ...........[/IMG]
Hi...boy you guys are friendly! Is that Southern Hospitality? ha ha I appreciate your replies. Can't wait...so excited to come. Although I got an e-mail from a rel estate agent, and he said that the waterfront is very expensive....$500 K and up. That was disheartening. Still coming...just wondering if we will have any luck! Oh well....I'm all for God's plan...mine never work out too well! ha ha

Thanks for your kind words.
Judi

Old 07-03-2007, 03:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Before moving to Tennessee, we went for a reconnaissance mission and camped at the KOA in Cleveland. Very nice and not far from the area you are interested in.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:42 AM

Judijim, if you travel further north to Dayton, Spring City or the Watts Bar area, you will find cheaper land. Pretty rural, large lots rather than neighborhood areas. A family member has a wonderful piece of property up there that we all covet It is further out but you can get "to town" in 20 minutes or so. I'll pm you a nice site for lake searches.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 AM

Would you mind helping me out again? I am trying to find the two TVA contractor parks on the internet that you spoke of. Can't seem to locate them. Really green at "blogging" on this site, and even more so at camping! We never have! But, bought a 350 Chevy Ultrasport and want to try it out. So, I'm learning, but not that familiar with camping parks. Can you direct me to the names of those two parks so I can find out about them?
Thanks, Judi

Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 AM

Directions and more for Chester Frost Park (Hixson/South Soddy Daisy):

Directions to Chester Frost Park
Chester Frost Park- Chattanooga, TN
RVparkreviews.com :: Campground Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee