Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times

Advertisements

Those ads in the paper are always there and they are nothing more then a scam. Anyone can go to their local post office and ask if there are openings and fill out an application. If they decide to hire you, they'll set you up for the test for whichever position you are applying for.
Just to set the record straight, whoever said up above that one usually can get their own route in a year or two is either dreaming or has no idea how the postal service works.
I once was a RCA in a level 19 post office, I worked an overburdaned aux route for 3 years without it ever becoming a regular route. My volume surpassed most of the regular routes. I don't think it is a regular route yet.
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 PM

57 posts, read 304,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suflex View Post
The original post is two years old so you probably got your answer and moved on. I am a city letter carrier in Mid-Tennessee (Clarksville), I transferred here from California in 1999 and now I'm trying to transfer back out to California. Your husband can try e-reassign (on postal lite blue) but that way he would have to restart as a PTF again. Not to menetion the fact that he has to be accepted/wanted at the office he's trying to get to. The best way is a mutual transfer where you swap positions with another carrier or carriers. See the example below and check out postalmag.com and click the transfers link.

suflex - Clarksville, TN to Modesto, CA
Norman Lawrence - Modesto, CA to San Ramon, CA
kc6794 - San Ramon, CA to Las Vegas, NV
Anthony - Las Vegas to Clarksville, TN
WOW! I sure wish you were in Oregon, because then I could maybe do a Mutual Transfer with you, I'm here in Far Northern California, Shasta County.
I have been on eRessign for months now. Nothing is happening at all.
I did go to the site and cannot post a Mutual transfer request unless I make a DONATION.
So, I went to several other site that are not nearly as large as PEN and put my Mutual Transfer request on there.
Sure hope you get your transfer.
I'm not too far from where you want to go. But I am up further north from Modesto and San Ramon.
I'm about 3 hours North of Sacramento straight up the I-5.
I raised my children in Redding, and now they are going to Oregon colleges so I want to be up in Oregon.
They all want careers in Oregon, so it looks like I really need to transfer to Oregon now!
I have done 2 different things with the Postal Service. Carrier and now Clerk, almost 20 years now.
But, it seems nobody is anxious to leave Oregon. It sure is a nice state up there. I just keep hoping someone wants to live here in California.
I'm only about 3 hours away from the Oregon border right now.
Good Luck on your Transfer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee