Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM

24 posts, read 44,342 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the area and looking to settle down. Husband is active duty Officer and ideally will need to be within 30 minutes to Campbell. We are looking for a decent sized home (at least 2000+ sq. ft) with a small amount of land, 3-5 acres at most. He is often gone with work and it is extremely important that we are in a safe community with solid schools. I have heard both good, and a lot of bad regarding surrounding areas of Clarksville; what are some smaller, quaint towns outside of the post that might be a better possibility for us? As long as we can get to shopping and Ft. Campbell within half an hour we would be happy. Our budget is probably going to be no more than $275,000. Not even sure if we should focus on the TN or KY side, although for us, being closer to an airport (Nashville?) would be more convenient as we do travel and have family that will come to visit frequently. Any advice/opinions is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Springfield, Ashland City?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM

24 posts, read 44,342 times
Ok thanks. Is Ashland City not too far? Bing and mapquest both show that it's around an hour to Campbell, but maybe there are faster ways...We have found a few properties in Ashland City that we are interested in but I thought they would be far a drive for my husband.

Can anyone tell me about Pleasant View? It seems a reasonable commute to Fort Campbell and I like that it is also closer to Nashville. Seems like a quiet, more rural community where we should easily be able to find a property with a few acres. Greatschools seems to have good ratings but curious as to what others think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee