Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

For some reason I thought there was a thread stickied at the top of the page for photos of our state but I guess I was wrong. Perhaps another state page?? Anyway, figured we could use one!

I was out walking the dogs this morning and it was a typical gorgeous middle TN fall morning and snapped some pictures. I got a good one of the mist hanging over the pond in the pasture with the barbed wire in it that I thought turned out nice. Then I started playing with the camera and found a new lighting setting that hangs on to the natural light and colors instead of washing everything out. I've had this camera for about four years and just noticed it. Duh!

Anyway, these are in Van Buren County, specifically in Bone Cave, a town of about 200 people. I may have bought a money pit of a house, but this view is what sold it!!

Please share photos of Tennessee. Note the city / town or county if you can so people looking at our area have an idea of what area the photos are of.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,281,046 times
Love how you captured the mist.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Smile STATE LINK Photo Winning entries.

MRS.. : Here is the best LINK for the TENN state photo catagories.. There are numerious subjects
to choose from .. My entry for mist on the Tn river west of Chattanooga should be in the Lakes catagory.
One can submit photos each month for acceptance on the state tourism page.
......... Submission Confirmation for Digital Photo Album - TN.gov ENJOY.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
We had a Tennessee sticky thread a year ago ...... but it went

Old 10-24-2012, 06:11 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
There are a lot of picture threads. Here are a few:

Tennessee Fall Homecoming Photos

Middle Tennessee Photos

Tennessee Pictures!

City Data Tennessee Photos

Tennessee Smoky Mountains Fall Photo Tour

Awesome Photo's of Tennessee

Browse the State of Tennessee Digital Photo Album

There are others in the local forums also. Here is one of the gorgeous threads:

Fall Photos Watauga Lake near Hampton TN

Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
On Sunday morning I had to drive out to south of Kingston to pick up my daughter at a youth group retreat. As I rounded a corner there was a clearing and up out of the mist - just like in the pictures mrs 1885 took - stood a beautiful young antlered deer. It was a breathtaking moment. Of course I didn't have my camera. And then my dog tried to jump out the window after him. I rolled up the window and in my panic almost choked my dog. The mood was broken after that.

I thought I'd share.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM

213 posts, read 660,249 times
Gorgeous pictures mrs1885, hiknapster thanks for sharing that, would have been a nice picture , your end comment made me giggle!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:30 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
On Sunday morning I had to drive out to south of Kingston to pick up my daughter at a youth group retreat. As I rounded a corner there was a clearing and up out of the mist - just like in the pictures mrs 1885 took - stood a beautiful young antlered deer. It was a breathtaking moment. Of course I didn't have my camera. And then my dog tried to jump out the window after him. I rolled up the window and in my panic almost choked my dog. The mood was broken after that.

I thought I'd share.
That made me laugh! A friend and I did a transport to IN a couple weeks back in the middle of the night to pick up three homeless chocolate lab puppies. At one point she started yelling 'no no no no'. My biggest fear with the automatic windows is always a dog is going to jump out after rolling it down. I panicked and I"m trying to drive down the interstate and find the stupid button in her car to roll up the window and realize the window isn't down. I started yelling 'what's wrong' and hear her start gagging. By now I realize no one is in danger and her gagging cracked me up. Turns out one of the puppies was going to start to poop in the car and she caught her and was trying to make her sit so she wouldn't potty until I could safely get off the interstate. I laughed until I cried. Doesn't seem as funny now. Maybe things are funnier at 3AM after little sleep and way too much coffee!!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
That made me laugh! A friend and I did a transport to IN a couple weeks back in the middle of the night to pick up three homeless chocolate lab puppies. At one point she started yelling 'no no no no'. My biggest fear with the automatic windows is always a dog is going to jump out after rolling it down. I panicked and I"m trying to drive down the interstate and find the stupid button in her car to roll up the window and realize the window isn't down. I started yelling 'what's wrong' and hear her start gagging. By now I realize no one is in danger and her gagging cracked me up. Turns out one of the puppies was going to start to poop in the car and she caught her and was trying to make her sit so she wouldn't potty until I could safely get off the interstate. I laughed until I cried. Doesn't seem as funny now. Maybe things are funnier at 3AM after little sleep and way too much coffee!!
I think it's funny because I know exactly what you mean. My poor dog probably didn't think it was funny. I just didn't want him to jump out the window and in my panic I was closing the window on his neck. It's good he is a dog and never holds a grudge. In the meantime the deer looked at us like, "What a couple of ninnies. I am out of here!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee