Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM

851 posts, read 2,458,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilyn View Post
My husband and I are also looking at the acreage and log cabin sale in Clifton. Alleycat was right - the City-Data homepage for Clifton gives alot of good info. You can also go to the Cityofclifton.com website or the cliftonchamber.com website for info. It appears that there are quite a few churches in Clifton but hardly any of them have a website so you really can't tell about location. We are in Central FL and are going to Clifton Nov. 10th. Are you going to that sale as well?

Today the Palm Beach Post had a full page ad: Ross Creek Farm in Clifton Tennessee (3 acres with log cabin-2,128 sq ft log cabin ONLY $59,900.) Saturday March 8th only! Unbelievable savings! 1-866-999-2290 ext 1734. TN Land & Lakes, LLC.
Sounds like a great deal, but I only need the cabin. Must be a great deal on the cabin too at that price. I need to find out who the builder is for those cabins. If anyone goes and can find out who it is, please let me know.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 AM

3 posts, read 11,659 times
Default 20 acres in tenn

Hello all,
Thanks for your relpy. We boiught 20 acres in Ross Creek Ridge for 30,000. We got a prety good deal from the lender and only pay $155 a month for this property. It was basically for investment purposes. It posssibly is our retirement or maybe we will move their in the future. I advise anyone who is young and can get the loan to do it.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 AM

3 posts, read 11,659 times
I"m sorry for your horrible experience. We are form Ft. Lauderdale. There were only a select few properties that were $29,000. your rep was supposed to show you on HIS map the ones that were 29 tho and then go to one of them and then you would say "yes or no" it was very pressurous, but when we got the the parcel we said yes and won that 20 acre and for 29,000. it was a good investment for our future regardless.....

Old 04-01-2008, 06:25 PM

851 posts, read 2,458,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGDIG440 View Post
HAS ANYONE SPOKEN TO THE AGENTS ABOUT THE SALE ON NOV 10
WHAT IS THE DEAL ON THE 20 ACRES AND LOG HOME?
IS IT REAL OR A SCAM?
I WONDER BECAUSE I KNOW HOW MUCH A LOG PACKAGE THAT LARGE COST, SO THE $69,000 SEEM REALLY OFF!
IF THIS IS REAL, IS THERE ONLY ONE OF THESE DEALS?
PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS, AS I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE AGENTS SINCE I E MAILED THEM!
Not long ago there were some threads on "Ross Creek Farm" if you search for that maybe it will give you some needed info.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 AM

105 posts, read 521,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irieblue View Post
You can find many available acres for sale just by looking online. That's what we did. No developers, just us and a local real estate agent. Clifton is a neat area, but TN is a huge state. Started looking near Savannah, also looked in Waynesboro. We ended up in McNairy Co. (of Buford Pusser fame) with our own 12+ acres, not in a development. Water and electric right there, no lies or fast sells.

Maybe it's not "up and coming" or full of chain stores, but we like it that way. We are building as time and money permits, with no rules about house size or time limits. Maybe some need something more structured, but this is our kind of place.
Hi Irieblue! Where in McNairy did y'all buy? I live in Adamsville....

Old 02-19-2011, 06:38 PM

36 posts, read 127,856 times
Bought 80ac that joins the ross creek property mainly for hunting and investment.. Ours is all wooded and very nice also got a pretty good deal on it.. We have ross creek property on two sides. The prop to the south is wooded and very nice.. The property to the north has been raped and has no trees.. We are about 2 miles from the prison which doesn't bother me,what does is the county is not maintaining the roads and I don't think the covenants are being observed. A Hispanic owns the adjoining cutover lot and a bunch of Mexicans are building a little shack village on it.. I was going to build a cabin but rethinking it unless the ross creek HOA runs then off..

Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Default in defence of Clifton..sort of

A previous post prompted me to post this shot synopsis.

Also there is nothing wrong with Clifton itself.. It's just a typical tiny rural town that is dying.. All the youth leave as soon as they can and whats left are the old.. This is typical in a lot of small towns all over the country.. There is not much of anything in Clifton not even a good restaurant.. What it does have are lots of friendly folks and very pretty real estate[just do your research]sorry about all you Floridians who got duped by the Ross creek property..never buy land sight unseen.

We bought 80ac all wooded with a stream near Clifton and really like it. Property taxes a year $400 awesome. I pay over $3000 a year for a tiny lot and home in Roswell GA.

As for shopping Savannah TN is only 20 or so miles away and has pretty much anything you need.

Clifton would be a great place to retire if you want to get away from it all,and don't mind a little drive to get to amenities.. but if you like to run to the store daily it's probably not for you..

So look at Clifton or any number of other small TN towns..

And remember low property taxes and no state income tax...

Last edited by Beretta; 02-25-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: I merged your post onto the Clifton thread you mentioned; please post on threads in progress

Old 02-26-2011, 01:31 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
I don't think Clinton is exactly "dying," but yes, most of the youth do want to move "to the city" when they grow up.

However, I knew a number of kids from Clinton while I was up at UT. They were of course quick to acknowledge that Clinton has its shortcomings when it comes to things to do...but all of them seemed to be very proud of where they came from, especially when defending themselves from the evil Oak Ridge kids.

Clinton isn't really growing much...not a lot in new development these days...but the town's population remains stable. It's not losing people, and Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs, and the rest of Anderson County haven't been growing either. From what I can tell, Anderson County's population has remained about the same for the better part of two decades, maybe longer. I think it's just a typical trend for that particular area.

From what I remember, Anderson County didn't really market itself as a place to relocate, either. The county has an abundance of natural beauty. It's curious to me that the population has remained stagnant while places like Blount and Sevier, and even Knox counties are growing at very healthy rates.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM

the towns only grocery store closed...if it's not dying it's on life support... lmao

don't matter I like in WAYNE County Clifton TN...

Old 02-26-2011, 02:01 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I don't think Clinton is exactly "dying," but yes, most of the youth do want to move "to the city" when they grow up.

However, I knew a number of kids from Clinton while I was up at UT. They were of course quick to acknowledge that Clinton has its shortcomings when it comes to things to do...but all of them seemed to be very proud of where they came from, especially when defending themselves from the evil Oak Ridge kids.

Clinton isn't really growing much...not a lot in new development these days...but the town's population remains stable. It's not losing people, and Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs, and the rest of Anderson County haven't been growing either. From what I can tell, Anderson County's population has remained about the same for the better part of two decades, maybe longer. I think it's just a typical trend for that particular area.

From what I remember, Anderson County didn't really market itself as a place to relocate, either. The county has an abundance of natural beauty. It's curious to me that the population has remained stagnant while places like Blount and Sevier, and even Knox counties are growing at very healthy rates.
This thread is about Clifton, not Clinton.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee