Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:58 PM

21 posts, read 91,757 times

Advertisements

Hi
We are seriously thinking of moving to Waynesboro from Central FL within the next year. Family already lives in the area. We would like to know honestly about the winters. Living in FL we know how hot and humid summers can be, as we live with our A/C on from June until October. Cold is not a huge factor, just the ice and snow. MIL says is it horrid (she hates living there) and SIL says it is not too bad.
Hopefully, I will be able to secure employment in the area, maybe the medical center or one of the banks.
Any input would be great!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:19 PM

8 posts, read 39,192 times
check out the weather.com they have the listing and find out for yourself, where in Florida?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Weather

Yes, we have been watching the weather for several months, since May. I was just looking for an outside opinion. We currently live in Apopka, FL

Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 PM

Default weather

We live in Gainesville, and are retiring in 4 years and moving to Tenn. we have been there in the winter, you get more gray days there, and from what we seen it gets cold at night 20' maybe 10' but does not last long. we had 8* here in north florida

Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM

Default What part

What part of TN are you looking to retire to? The roads, population, traffic, people, etc.....are getting worse each year.
We may have to travel about 45 minutes to a walmart or mall when we move to TN, but it will be well worth it.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:42 PM

Default tenn

We are looking at Paris area

Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 7,403 times
Hi..We recently(2/2006) bought in Waynesboro. We also have our home in Leesburg Fl. The summers in Waynesboro are not as bad as here....the winters are a lot colder but that is what we were looking for...4 seasons instead of hot and hotter. I really can't say enough good things about the area...love it...if there is any one thing that I would complain about it would be the job situation but it is improving. I love the fact that when we get on hwy 64 to go to Savannah (23 miles away) there is probably not more than 2 dozen cars on the road at any time. So much different from FL. My husband has been in TN for over a year now and I will be joining him sometime in May. He says he never wants to come back to FL. In fact his brother bought in TN shortly after we did and they also love it.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 AM

65 posts, read 371,131 times
We are currently in Altoona and moving to Collinwood, just south of Waynesboro in a couple of years. Friends of our relocated to Waynesboro in 7/06 and are now in their second winter. We chat each week and I get the real weather reports from her, although it is cold, last weekend she quoted the low of 11 and high of 22, they have never regreted moving and I am sure we won't either. Our daughter that lives in Summertown said they had over 2 inches of snow on the ground, they also have never regreted leaving FL.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Default Job market in Waynesboro

We figure we can move in about another year, of course, depending on the housing market if we will be able to sell our home here in FL. I am just a little concerned about the job market in Waynesboro. I would prefer not having to travel to Lawrenceburg or Savannah, but if this is price I have to pay in order to move, I am willing to travel for work.
Any advise on what type of work is available in the Waynesboro area?

Old 03-16-2008, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 10,801 times
Wink Waynesboro jobs

There are very few jobs in Waynesboro. Your best bet in this area is make your money somewhere else and retire here; or help the people there by bringing jobs with you; or live on a very poor minimum wage part-time job; or draw some type of gov't check. NAFTA wiped out the county. Good jobs, like at the banks, have almost no turn-over. People stay there till they retire.

What is life in Waynesboro like? 1950's. Mayberry. Everybody knows everybody. Traffic jams are rare. Not much shopping. Walmart is 45 miles away. It is quiet and peaceful. Biggest problems are poverty and meth heads, but the current sheriff is doing a good job rounding up the dopers and making it tough on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee