Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM

665 posts, read 1,926,367 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I was just wondering what these areas are like. I will be raising my 3 yr old grandaughter, and was wondering of this area. I know of Maryville area , but just wanted to ask of this area....Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 02:34 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Hi,
I was just wondering what these areas are like. I will be raising my 3 yr old grandaughter, and was wondering of this area. I know of Maryville area , but just wanted to ask of this area....Thanks so much!
I would not want to raise a child in Newport. It's a stunningly beautiful area, don't get me wrong, but the schools aren't very swift, and Newport - Cocke County is notorious for meth labs.

If I had the choice of Maryville or Newport, I would definitely choose Maryville.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
I also agree, both Newport and Del-Rio schools are very lacking.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:51 PM

Smile maryville area it will be

Thank you very much for your help. It is important to get info from peolpe who know! Boy I cant stand the wait until July when we vacation in tn. !!!! My husband and I have been married 30 yrs and we said that the most peace we felt was sitting in a hot tub ,looking at the mnts , cows next door to us,and a cup of coffee. It was soooo peaceful,and beautiful.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:32 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Thank you very much for your help. It is important to get info from peolpe who know! Boy I cant stand the wait until July when we vacation in tn. !!!! My husband and I have been married 30 yrs and we said that the most peace we felt was sitting in a hot tub ,looking at the mnts , cows next door to us,and a cup of coffee. It was soooo peaceful,and beautiful.
That really does sound like paradise!

One of the nice things about Maryville is you can live out in the country towards Townsend and be just a few minutes from Maryville and a few minutes from the Smoky Mountains. I would LOVE to sit in a hot tub looking at the mountains, too. And actually if it does snow tonight (knock on wood) I'm probably going to go hunt for someone with a hot tub. Sitting in a hot tub while it's snowing, now that's paradise!

Old 02-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That really does sound like paradise!

One of the nice things about Maryville is you can live out in the country towards Townsend and be just a few minutes from Maryville and a few minutes from the Smoky Mountains. I would LOVE to sit in a hot tub looking at the mountains, too. And actually if it does snow tonight (knock on wood) I'm probably going to go hunt for someone with a hot tub. Sitting in a hot tub while it's snowing, now that's paradise!
I am jealous! I will be working tomorrow with 10 2 yr olds.I want to relax in a hot tub. It must be beautiful , in a hot tub AND snowing ! Good luck finding the hot tub and friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee