Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:55 PM

290 posts, read 1,055,640 times

Advertisements

I thought I share with you a Christmas Display synced with a music soundtrack. This is not the same one that came out a few years ago. Somebody had allot of time on their hands to set this one up.

Hope you enjoy it. You may have to scroll the page down a bit to see it, and the music does not start until a few seconds into the video. The video should start automatically.
Here is the link: Buzz's Video Player Page

This ought to put you in the holiday mood

Here is the original light display from a few years ago. You will have to start the player once you reach the page. Buzz's Video Player Page

Last edited by BuzzCam; 12-04-2008 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Wanted to add additional lights display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,525,054 times
That made me a little dizzy but it looked like fun.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,359,039 times
I think in person, those houses would bring on a siezure. Those people do have too much time on their hands.
Pam

Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,101,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCam View Post
I thought I share with you a Christmas Display synced with a music soundtrack. This is not the same one that came out a few years ago. Somebody had allot of time on their hands to set this one up.

Hope you enjoy it. You may have to scroll the page down a bit to see it, and the music does not start until a few seconds into the video. The video should start automatically.

Here is the original light display from a few years ago. You will have to start the player once you reach the page. Buzz's Video Player Page
I dunno, except for the traffic going by to see it, I kind of like that they really got into it.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM

300 posts, read 1,457,297 times
That is amazing. I like to see unique and pretty holiday displays like that but would not want one in my neighborhood I don't think. I wonder if my Christmas Candles will get on my neighbors nerves. LOL

Old 12-05-2008, 03:07 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,965,012 times
I loved it. Very creative. Looks like a lot of fun.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,693,776 times
Yes, this is exactly what I need! Where can I get the blueprints?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:00 PM

290 posts, read 1,055,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
Yes, this is exactly what I need! Where can I get the blueprints?
I wonder what their electric bill is during Christmas?

I thought the original video (the one from YouTube)had been edited to make it look like that is how one would see it in person. I am a video editor, so I was looking for some editing tricks in the video.

There is a strobe light, probably a cell phone tower, just to the left of the house and it strobes at a regular rate. I cannot see any editing artifacts in the video, so it has to be real.

Can you imagine the time it took to program a computer to control those lights, not to mention the time it took to put all those lights up?!

Pretty impressive!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:36 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,151,915 times
Default Give this one a look and listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCam View Post

I love the imagination and creativity that people can invest in projects like this. Just fascinating.

Here is one that was featured about 6 years ago on The Today Show and is still one of my favorites. The creator (and homeowner) is a computer engineer who whipped all of this up in his basement over many months' time.

He has since expanded his yearly spectaculars and uses different music each year. I think the element that is so mesmerizing with this particular one is the music. The Trans Siberian Orchestra is one of the best with their renditions of familiar songs. This one is terrific!!

YouTube - Xmas Light Show (trans siberian orchestra)

Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,151,915 times
Red face I do apologize, BuzzCam! I am still a bumbling novice!

Yikes, BuzzCam! I posted the same UTube goodie that you did! I watched your first video, posted my all-time favorite, and then went back to watch your second video!! My apologies.

I thought that because the link names were identical that you may have posted the same one twice accidentally. Just goes to show you what a wizard I am on the internet. Show me something new and I'll figure out a way to make it way, way, way more difficult than it was ever meant to be!

You are the man/woman with the Cam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee