Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 08:47 AM

33 posts, read 119,002 times

Advertisements

Anyone know?
I want to check it out as I'll be looking around towns for 3 days might get a good deal on a cabin in first week of May
Thanks Alot, Terry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 AM

83 posts, read 402,887 times
I was researching cabins for the same reason. But what I found out was after they add on processing fees and cleaning fees you end up between 100-150 dollars for a 1 bedroom. I thought that was steep for our budget, but it may be ok for you. Alot of them have stay 2 nights get 3rd free. Google Tennessee rental cabins tons of stuff comes up. Good luck. Ask about the extra fees!!! Oh I forgot check the campgrounds and state parks some of them have cabins for less but they are not as fancy. No hot tubs. LOL

Last edited by menglin; 03-31-2007 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Adding campground info.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Red face Cabin Rental Info

Hey,
Thanks for the information.
I am also on a budget and if thats the case will be looking for a cheap room.
Oh well ,if I do hear of any deals without all the extras I'll let you no as well.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,986 times
Default Cabin Rentals

When I'm looking for vacation rentals, I just Google the city I want to be near/in and vacation rentals or vacation cabins, or vacation cottages. Vacation Rentals By Owner is also a good site, just look up vrbo and there is one fairly inexpensive rental showing. It's a good site, and I've rented cottages through it myself in the past.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:09 PM

Bee Cliff cabins in Elizabethton has small cabins for $ 210.00 for 3 nights!!
No Cleaning fees.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Not bad, hope you ennjoy your trip, I can't wait, we decided to tent camp a few nights and turned in some reward points for 3 nights at La Quinta, I think you will have the better view than at the La Quinta. LOL

Old 03-31-2007, 02:58 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,097,629 times
Well might be out of the way but Patriot Getaways located in Seviereville by far is the best deal out there if anyone is looking for cabin rentals around that area. After your first stay with them, they will send you secret specials to your email address that are not advertised on their website. The last 2 times we went, we got 50% our cabin rentals. Last time we got 7 nights for $560 a 2 room cabin (split it with our inlaws and paid $260 each and the time before that was 6 nights for $700 3 room cabin (split it with friends and paid $233 each). I find it's more expensive to rent a 1 bedroom cabin than to upgrade to a 2 bedroom and split the bill with someone. I mean really, you couldn't stay in a hotel for that price and you have your own place to call home for a week. I know it's not near JC but just thought i'd throw it out there for anyone else.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:55 PM

I agree with daniellefort, about sharing the cabins and then you get a great deal. I was a little upset at patriot getaways, because they offered $59-$70 cabins. I called for the $59 cabin they added $35 for processing and $40 cleaning add tax and what you thought was a deal just became a $100. I know a cabin is better for the away from home and maybe we should pay extra, but how about being honest and up front? Just venting. I think I am gullible. LOL

Old 03-31-2007, 04:10 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,097,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by menglin View Post
I agree with daniellefort, about sharing the cabins and then you get a great deal. I was a little upset at patriot getaways, because they offered $59-$70 cabins. I called for the $59 cabin they added $35 for processing and $40 cleaning add tax and what you thought was a deal just became a $100. I know a cabin is better for the away from home and maybe we should pay extra, but how about being honest and up front? Just venting. I think I am gullible. LOL

I always book online. it gives you your grand total before you finalize. Funny, once i booked and the price was less online than what i was told when i called to verify about pets so the lady i was speaking to told me to hang up and book online and I would get the rate listed that the web site said because her boss hadn't updated the web site yet with the change in prices. She was right. Never had a problem and the great thing is, you don't have to go to their office to check in. they send you a map of where your cabin is with an access code for your key. You never have to step foot in their office. It's all about convienience for us and this definately was a plus as their cabins cover a wide range of areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee