Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times

Advertisements

Wow - probably the photo's on the realtor site made it look like paradise!

BBKaren - did you by chance go to the Helenwood area, below Oneida? There were a couple pieces of property advertised there that 'looked' and sounded nice by the ad.

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
Shen, what county is Helenwood in? I don't recall any such place although there's a million little community names...

Old 05-23-2007, 08:14 PM

The realtor's pictures show a beautiful wooded lot, and a reasonable dirt road heading up the hill (the view from the very bottom of the road).

It was really disappointing, because we had really thought, "hey, this is gonna be it!"

Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Okay, I'm about to post a ton of pictures on the Knoxville sub-forum and found these pics of woodcutters'. If you're interested, I've got some pictures of some of the other Roane and Anderson County properties we looked at--they're mixed in with general photos on the Roane albums but if you look, they're there.

I only took a few, because after these, the shoulder dropped off the road down to a cliff on both sides and my husband and I were both hanging on to the car with both hands lol!

There was another mile or so to go up to the property site and the road became a lot more steep and washed away.

http://picasaweb.google.com/frankieg...ey=KXOoUuZsWyg

Old 05-25-2007, 02:19 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Okay, I'm about to post a ton of pictures on the Knoxville sub-forum and found these pics of woodcutters'. If you're interested, I've got some pictures of some of the other Roane and Anderson County properties we looked at--they're mixed in with general photos on the Roane albums but if you look, they're there.

I only took a few, because after these, the shoulder dropped off the road down to a cliff on both sides and my husband and I were both hanging on to the car with both hands lol!

There was another mile or so to go up to the property site and the road became a lot more steep and washed away.

http://picasaweb.google.com/frankieg...ey=KXOoUuZsWyg

Wow! I looked at your pictures. It looks like Woodcutter's Paradise would be perfect for a hermit with an old 4-wheel drive truck who goes to town only twice per year. I think I'll look elsewhere for property. Thanks for your post and the pictures.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM

As I mentioned, those pics were taken in the gently sloping terrain. It was really nerve-wracking...spooky in its isolation, yet there were people living there...no place to turn around until the top of the mountain, and did I mention no cell phone service?

Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times
Default Holy Canolli!

Looks like mudslide heaven to me. That road would get washed out, and mudded over REAL quick.

Thanks for the pics! Now, I'll make a start on your other albums.

Great job in posting these!

blessings, Shen

Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
I'd forgotten all about this post and while searching info for different towns stumbled upon it. BBKaren, I'm so sorry you nearly had to take your life in your hands to see that property. Yikes. No wonder the realtor keeps hounding me about it. Ack!! Think I'll be looking elsewhere.

I'm now looking up toward the KY border, and one town that's right on the border. You should see the spreadsheets I have in front of me!!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 AM

5 posts, read 19,144 times
ooh. yeah. bazeltown.

i definatly advise against that one.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Whoops, I see you've already visited this thread! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee