Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:40 PM

15 posts, read 50,932 times

Advertisements

Would like to obtain informaiton and lifestyle experience in Lexington TN...
Good Bad Indiffernet...

Thank you
Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times
Where is Lexington? Is that near Memphis?

You might want to post this on the general TN forum to get some more responses.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:02 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
Lexington is in Henderson County, which is just east of Madison County (where Jackson is). My sister lives on the edge of Lexington.

Like most small towns in West Tennessee, Lexington is mostly redneck and a little hood. There's not much in-between. It's a very poor town. Wal-Mart is the place to be on weekends.

I always suggest looking at the Census website for info about a town.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times
Ah okay. I know what area that is. I would suggest posting this question on the regular TN forum, ptasa, as that is a pretty far drive from Memphis. Not something most Memphians would be making on any regular basis at least.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Lexington Rednecks and Hoods...?

Are you speaking from experience or just from what you've heard?

I've been in contact with a local pastor there and he believes that it is a nice quiet community.

My wife and I are looking for a quiet place where we can slow down, relax abd enjoy life. Lexington seems like the kind of town where we could do just that. The outdoor activities; like horseback riding, hunting, fishing, hiking, are very appealing to us.

Last edited by ptasa; 06-25-2007 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: left out part of the sentence...

Old 06-25-2007, 10:10 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
I am speaking only from past experience and present connections. I lived there for a couple of years when I was a kid. When I was in college, I worked for a nonprofit in Lexington. And as I wrote in my earlier post, my sister lives there now. I visit there three or four times per year, so I am in no way intimately familiar with modern-day Lexington.

'Nice quiet community' is in the eyes of the beholder. You may find it to be the best place on earth. I don't. Perhaps you should visit there and find out for yourself whether it's your cup of tea.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Based on your interests, Lexington would probably be a fine place to settle. There is a ton of good fishing there.

I can't recall the exact name of the lake there, but it's something like Brown's Creek Lake. Regardless, it has the name "Brown's" in it. There is some really good catfishing there.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Experience is better than pictures...

Thank you again for your input about Lexington. We may visit the community in AUG. so we can see for ourselves what it is about.

We live in a mid sized AZ community (Casa Grande) and have our share of problems with the population, including gangs and I'm sure red-necks. But since we live outside the city limits, in a rural area, it hasn't been a problem for us. It's more about what we read in the news than a reality.

We love the outdoors and have horses and want to be in a community where there are others who share the same interests. I've looked at the trails and lakes and love the idea of spending hours doing nothing but fishing, riding and taking it all in. But I don't want to live in a community where I have to worry about gangs...

Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 AM

Thanks Mike,

From what I've seen, I really do like the area and am looking into employment opportunities. There are several properties that have our attention, but until I can find suitable employment, our plans are limited. My daughter and her family are moving from AZ to Elizabethton in AUG. He is a teacher so he they have to get settled ASAP. I know Lexington is still 6+ hours way, but that's not all bad. The most difficult thing will be not seeing our grandkids as often as we do now.

Have you been fishing lately?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptasa View Post
Thanks Mike,

From what I've seen, I really do like the area and am looking into employment opportunities. There are several properties that have our attention, but until I can find suitable employment, our plans are limited. My daughter and her family are moving from AZ to Elizabethton in AUG. He is a teacher so he they have to get settled ASAP. I know Lexington is still 6+ hours way, but that's not all bad. The most difficult thing will be not seeing our grandkids as often as we do now.

Have you been fishing lately?
Have you considered moving closer to Elizabethton? I know 6 hours doesn't seem long right now, but it will. You will also have to drive through two large cities with lots of traffic: Nashville and Knoxville.

Lexington is indeed a quaint little town with good people surrounded by beautiful countryside, but Tennessee is full of quaint little towns with good people surrounded by beautiful countryside. Maybe somewhere on the Cumberland Plateau like Jamestown or Livingston? Or somewhere between Knoxville and the Tri Cities such as Rogersville or Greeneville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee