Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 10:27 AM

20,549 posts, read 17,814,651 times

Advertisements

Another person who drove and rented my Model S. This guy is from Kuwait a really wealthy guy, he told me that they don't sell this car officially in his country but he's seen it. That's why he's curious and rented it.

After he drove it, he said it's like a rocket. I asked him what cars has he driven, he said he's driven many exotic cars from Ferraris, Lambos, even McLarens. He really likes it and said the charging the Tesla was really easy and cheap. I billed him for $7 for charging from 120 to 320mi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 10:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,847,530 times
id like to drive an s. i wonder how it compares to my y. i dont think id get it though since 1. its a sedan and 2. its longer than my y and i parallel park in brooklyn daily so i dont want a larger car

Old 06-11-2021, 11:49 AM

30,773 posts, read 19,427,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
id like to drive an s. i wonder how it compares to my y. i dont think id get it though since 1. its a sedan and 2. its longer than my y and i parallel park in brooklyn daily so i dont want a larger car
Me too, I wouldn't choose the S because I sat in one and it was really tight for me (I'm 6'6" in height) and the Y has a smaller footprint, more efficient, and can carry much more. But I would guess the Model S would have a better ride and quieter interior? I think Tesla needs to upgrade the interior and offer a better ride and quieter to compete with the new lineup of EV's coming from Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

The new Model S Plaid does seem amazing but I would buy the LR Model S if I were choosing because it's already super fast.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:15 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,417,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It’s not always about numbers and your still missed my point.i

No one cares how many cars you have or do have the fact that you bought it up is interesting though.
Like the poster above you missed the point. Feel free to brag about anything else
I didn't miss your point - I just didn't agree with it. Sounds like you missed my point - Not everyone wants the old muscle car.

I never said anything about you needing to agree with me, I just stated that I liked the newer cars but apparently I HAVE TO AGREE with you or else I "still missed the point".

BTW - I have a Dodge Hemi and a British sports car so not like I don't know what driving older cars are like - please don't accuse me of bragging also.

Last edited by ddeemo; 06-11-2021 at 03:29 PM..

Old 06-11-2021, 05:06 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,595,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You're not getting an EV no matter what, but you're on an EV forum talking about personal preferences for vehicles that have lesser performance which you really like and where you're very willing to say things that simply aren't true. Seems pretty pointless, but I guess it's good entertainment.
It’s sill a free country no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
You bragged about your irrelevant SCCA past to begin with, so quit being a hypocrite.
I’m stating fact you however went overboard with your comment true or not.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:52 AM

37,308 posts, read 39,707,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It’s sill a free country no?

I’m stating fact you however went overboard with your comment true or not.

It is a free country which is why people are making fun of these comments. It's enjoyable for everyone!

Old 07-05-2021, 12:58 PM

20,549 posts, read 17,814,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Me too, I wouldn't choose the S because I sat in one and it was really tight for me (I'm 6'6" in height) and the Y has a smaller footprint, more efficient, and can carry much more. But I would guess the Model S would have a better ride and quieter interior? I think Tesla needs to upgrade the interior and offer a better ride and quieter to compete with the new lineup of EV's coming from Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

The new Model S Plaid does seem amazing but I would buy the LR Model S if I were choosing because it's already super fast.
The new Plaid destroys any sports car on the track unless it's a modded track monster, even those are getting blown away by all the track videos of the Plaid in action. So anyone with a C8 Vette thinks they can go up against one shouldn't even try it.

The main difference between the Model S and others like the 3/Y is that it has dynamic dampers and active suspension that only the S/X has. It easily out handles the Model 3P while remaining much more composed and flatter because of the active dampers. It's also faster if you put the Model S P vs Model 3 P.

The Model 3 could be quicker at tight turns because the S has such a big long nose that it's turn circle and radius is much wider.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:33 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,699,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The idea of paying an extra $60K to go from 670 hp to 1,020 hp only appeals to the person with nearly unlimited funds who wants everyone to know he has the best of everything.

These are the comparisons that probably matters the most for 2022

Tesla Model S/MSRP From $69,420: 387 mile battery-only Horsepower: 670
BMW i4 M50 is set to start at $66,895, 245 mile battery-only Horsepower: 536

Tesla Model 3 Performance/MSRP From $56,990; 315 mile battery-only Horsepower: in excess of 450
BMW i4 is set to start at $56,395, 300 mile battery-only Horsepower: 335

Tesla's numbers are higher, but BMW has a well established name in luxury.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The new Plaid destroys any sports car on the track unless it's a modded track monster, even those are getting blown away by all the track videos of the Plaid in action. So anyone with a C8 Vette thinks they can go up against one shouldn't even try it.

The main difference between the Model S and others like the 3/Y is that it has dynamic dampers and active suspension that only the S/X has. It easily out handles the Model 3P while remaining much more composed and flatter because of the active dampers. It's also faster if you put the Model S P vs Model 3 P.

The Model 3 could be quicker at tight turns because the S has such a big long nose that it's turn circle and radius is much wider.

I agree. The Model S is supposed to be a luxury sports sedan and is priced against some very good German makes. I haven't driven a Model S yet but I would hope it to be quieter and and more supple suspension than the Model 3/Y by a substantial margin to compete with the German competition.

I owned a BMW 7 series and that is one fantastic machine and I think should be the target for the Model S in terms of ride and silence.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
The idea of paying an extra $60K to go from 670 hp to 1,020 hp only appeals to the person with nearly unlimited funds who wants everyone to know he has the best of everything.

These are the comparisons that probably matters the most for 2022

Tesla Model S/MSRP From $69,420: 387 mile battery-only Horsepower: 670
BMW i4 M50 is set to start at $66,895, 245 mile battery-only Horsepower: 536

Tesla Model 3 Performance/MSRP From $56,990; 315 mile battery-only Horsepower: in excess of 450
BMW i4 is set to start at $56,395, 300 mile battery-only Horsepower: 335

Tesla's numbers are higher, but BMW has a well established name in luxury.
I agree and really felt the same way about paying extra for the Performance version of the Model Y. I could get at least half of the performance differential by paying $2K for the software upgrade which I want to do but wife already feels like the Y is too fast.

Still, that Plaid performance is going to pull in a lot of buyers who want the ultimate acceleration trip. I think the Model S LR is the sweet spot now and will still provide incredible performance.

P.S. Paco are those numbers for the Model S LR the numbers before the new 2022 version come out.....seems like it. I would want the new LR if I were getting one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla