Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times

Advertisements

GOLDBERG: Let me do it this way. Let me tell you what it's not. It is not a conspiracy. Dan Rather, Peter Jennings, Tom Brokaw do not go into their offices in the morning, summon their top lieutenant, lock the doors, pull the shades, give the secret handshake, and say, 'How are we going to stick it to conservatives?' it does not happen that way. I was with one news organization for 28 years, and I'm telling you, I've never, ever seen anything like that. What happens is arguably worse, because what I just described is so unacceptable that they'd have to stop. I mean if somebody said, 'You guys are going into a room here and making up an agenda,' they'd have to stop. But what they do is worse because it's far more subtle. They live in this bubble. They live in Manhattan and Washington, the media elites, overwhelmingly.

Reb, I am cracking up, because that is exactly the impression I've always had of the mainstream media over the last few years, LOL!!!

....'Cept it's really not very funny, is it?

I think I'm going to have to read that book....and it's available on Kindle!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
[b][i] ....'Cept it's really not very funny, is it?

I think I'm going to have to read that book....and it's available on Kindle!!
No, it isn't really funny, sis. Sad and pathetic and telling...but not very funny when it comes right down to it. Just a thought, if you are going to order, get BOTH books. Bias, and Arrogance, by Goldberg.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Very well said and summed up, Cathy!

The root of the hostility many liberals have against it (IMHO) is that, to them, they see view it (FOX News) as a threat to their own ideological monopoly on the MSM.
I do not consider myself a "flaming liberal" but I know people who do and that is not their beef with Fox News. They don't like it because the people who watch it tend to not get their news from any other source. I think they want people to be open-minded enough to listen to another point of view.

Quote:
At the same time, to be fair, for some of the left-leaning, it is not out of a desire to stifle the opposing viewpoint, but because they truly do see it as extremist. That is, the opinion is filtered thru their own ideological and world vision. They honestly do not see their own biases.
Extremist is a bit of an exaggeration; all media sources are inherently biased because all humans are biased which is why I like to read news sources from the left, middle, and right to try to get a balanced point of view on what is going on. Not only are there differences in how they present certain issues/stories, there are differences in which issues/stories they present at all.

I think anyone too narrow-minded to at least consider a different perspective, be it left or right, has a problem.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
No, it isn't really funny, sis. Sad and pathetic and telling...but not very funny when it comes right down to it. Just a thought, if you are going to order, get BOTH books. Bias, and Arrogance, by Goldberg.
*Sigh*

It really is sad and pathetic indeed.

I might consider getting both. I downloaded the sample for BIAS and read it last night. Both sort of funny and telling.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Not only are there differences in how they present certain issues/stories, there are differences in which issues/stories they present at all.

Boy, that's the truth.

Having said that, I do tend to watch Fox the most, but will tune in to others both on cable and online at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: