Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:59 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
Have you had a chance to visit the area yet? You might want to consider looking at both before deciding which town to live in unless you have a specific personal reason for settling in Odessa. Would it be that different driving to Odessa for work rather than driving to Midland for your child's school?

I only say this because Midland is a little bit cleaner and more of a white collar town that seems as if it might fit the lifestyle of a doctor a little bit more. It feels a little more family oriented to me. Odessa, while charming, is a little rougher around the edges and more crowded than Midland. That was just my impression after living there for a year.
I agree with this. The commute from Midland to Odessa is a very quick and easy one. My husband did the commute for 5 years, and it really was painless. If you buy on the west side of Midland, you'll be in Odessa in just a very few minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 11:28 AM

44 posts, read 115,122 times
Default Schools for a smart. artistic 8th grader for next year?

I would also like info on schools. My daughter is 12, and we are probably moving at the end of this school year. She's been in a Montessori magnet school for years, self-directed, independent study, lots of arts, (plays violin and guitar, in drama and art club, etc) -- hers have been very creative kinds of schools, and she has thrived. We aren't Christians, so Christian schools aren't an option. What's the best (and worst) middle schools (public or secular private) for a very smart and artistic 8th grader?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 10,406 times
have you moved yet? my husband is a physician in midland and we moved from the midwest. i have a son who will be in the 1st grade next year at trinity, and then a couple of kids younger who also go there. we reviewed all the schools carefully, and found trinity to far exceed anything else in the area where academics are concerned. the pricetag is high, but it's well worth the sacrifice. several people--esp. physician's kids from odessa make the drive for school daily, and it's really not that bad. trinity is also very diverse and welcoming. we live near to midland christian and are actually catholic, but were turned off by the quality of education offered at those schools. if i can be of help, just ask! good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas