Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,045 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Texas in the next few weeks. If you were a mature lesbian where we you live? We are looking for warmer winters and an affirming church to call home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 PM

423 posts, read 824,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
If you were a mature lesbian where we you live?
Any major city will do.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:53 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
We are moving to Texas in the next few weeks. If you were a mature lesbian where we you live? We are looking for warmer winters and an affirming church to call home.
Houston or even Austin.

Dallas gets too damn cold & icy in the winter time.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:29 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,603 times
I think any major city (ie Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio) would work.

As you probably know Dallas County has a lesbian sheriff, and Houston has a lesbian mayor so I doubt you will have any problems.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:48 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I think any major city (ie Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio) would work.

As you probably know Dallas County has a lesbian sheriff, and Houston has a lesbian mayor so I doubt you will have any problems.
She said she wants somewhere with warmer winters. Well, that pretty much eliminates North Texas.

It is on average 5-10 degrees colder up there than coastal Houston.

So when its 32 degrees in Dallas its about 37-42 degrees in Houston depending on how close/far north from the Gulf you are.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
She said she wants somewhere with warmer winters. Well, that pretty much eliminates North Texas.

It is on average 5-10 degrees colder up there than coastal Houston.

So when its 32 degrees in Dallas its about 37-42 degrees in Houston depending on how close/far north from the Gulf you are.
No it doesn't...LOL! You act like North Texas is in an arctic tundra or something. We average two measly inches of snow a year and sometimes have winters with no snow at all. Sure our winters are cooler than south Texas, Florida, or Phoenix, but they're far from frigid.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 AM

123 posts, read 288,138 times
heh, anything north of I10 in eastern texas is a cold, frozen hell wasteland from mid-october till late april! i mean it actually gets BELOW SIXTY DEGREES UP THERE!!! brrr, shiver!

just kiddin!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 PM

216 posts, read 444,501 times
Here is a list of gay friendly churches in Texas.

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/united_states/us_texas.htm (broken link)

As you can see, there seems to be a lot everywhere. With that said, just because there's a few gay accepting churches in Abilene, I wouldn't move there. I don't think you could go wrong in Houston, Dallas, or Austin. Austin, of course, has its liberal reputation. But Dallas has built up quite a reputation as a gay friendly city itself:

How Dallas Became a Gay-Friendly City - The Informed Reader - WSJ

Has Dallas become more gay friendly than Austin? Is it on its way?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
friend,
if no one likes you its not because of your sexual orientation.
pick a city, move there and be happy. Very few people will judge you because of what you do at home.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM

354 posts, read 712,332 times
well..it depends on what kind of warm the op is looking for...relatively speaking, say, compared to the northeast or something, tx is warm..even north texas. but If the op is looking for absolutely no snow, then yes, south texas is the way to go with palm trees and all.. san antonio was ninety four today, and snow is extremely rare here...they got a dusting last year that melted within ten minutes. they were excited about that because the last snow before that was in the eighties. when I was a little kid. some people who grew up here (i am originallay from boston, but moved here from .l.a) have nevereven seen snow before.c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas