Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,853,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Uh....YEAH! Why else would the Mayor of Arlington be complaining?

Arlington Mayor: Super Bowl Not in Dallas (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/012411-arlington-mayor:-super-bowl-not-in-dallas - broken link)

As for the rest of your post, most people come to the game and leave Arlington immediately. They don't spend much time in Arlington. Hell, the hotels rooms still haven't filled up in Arlington. Please. Save me the Arlington rhetoric. I know what's going on here.

3rd most popular? Nah. Now, it is the third most populated, if that is what you meant. There are other cities in the DFW area that are greatly outgrowing Arlington. Even Mansfield is outgrowing Arlington.

There is one lake in all of Arlington, and that is tiny Lake Arlington. SW Arlington is nice, as is North Arlington (north of I-30). Plenty of hills and nice homes sitting on top of them.
I guess I should have said destination as far as tourism with Six Flags, Cowboys Stadium, and the Ball Park in Arlington. Arlington eventually will have to develop an urban core and establish public transportation. One thing is for sure Arlington would much rather be branded with Fort Worth than Dallas. We don't want the Dallas brand in Tarrant County. This is why DART will never expand into Arlington. Arlington mayor is just showing frustration like many other Fort Worth suburbs that get linked into Dallas. Just last year North Richland Hills mayor had to correct a guy for referring to the region as Dallas area instead of Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,973,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I guess I should have said destination as far as tourism with Six Flags, Cowboys Stadium, and the Ball Park in Arlington. Arlington eventually will have to develop an urban core and establish public transportation. One thing is for sure Arlington would much rather be branded with Fort Worth than Dallas. We don't want the Dallas brand in Tarrant County. This is why DART will never expand into Arlington. Arlington mayor is just showing frustration like many other Fort Worth suburbs that get linked into Dallas. Just last year North Richland Hills mayor had to correct a guy for referring to the region as Dallas area instead of Dallas-Fort Worth area.
LOL, Arlington will probably never get public transportation, except for the Park and Ride lot on I-20 @ Park Springs, near my place. Arlington will forever be an overgrown suburb with a somewhat convenient location, depending on where one works. I do agree that Arlington is fixing up its core. It's trying there. Public transit is a long shot in this place, though.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,935,298 times
Just saw shots of the Fort Worth skyline with Sundance Square and the Cultural District on ESPN...

I am so f***in' proud right now.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0IJuhTkgEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4goc...ture=geosearch

Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just saw shots of the Fort Worth skyline with Sundance Square and the Cultural District on ESPN...

I am so f***in' proud right now.
The Funk representing love the national attention.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,538,621 times
Quote:
Uh....YEAH! Why else would the Mayor of Arlington be complaining?

Arlington Mayor: Super Bowl Not in Dallas (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/012411-arlington-mayor:-super-bowl-not-in-dallas - broken link)

As for the rest of your post, most people come to the game and leave Arlington immediately. They don't spend much time in Arlington. Hell, the hotels rooms still haven't filled up in Arlington. Please. Save me the Arlington rhetoric. I know what's going on here.

You're missing the point. Sure, he complains about the name recognition, it's a legitimate complaint. But you cannot honestly think he regrets putting the stadium there.

Let's look at the mayor's quote from your link:

“Does it make me angry? No. It’s just something we have to overcome,” Cluck said. “I’m frustrated. Sure. That’s the word.”

Doesn't sound like he regrets the decision.

And you're wrong, people do spend money in Arlington. This Super Bowl is not the norm. I go to both Cowboys games and Rangers games every season. I eat and drink around the stadium, and I run into MANY other people who obviously have come from the same place I have. Places around the stadium are always packed with fans spending money in Arlington.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:14 PM

43 posts, read 55,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The regional commuter rail line is probably down the drain also after this Super Bowl mess is done. Arlington is essentially Fort Worth and with that stadium in Fort Worth backyard Dallas will never have complete control over major events in DFW again. Fort Worth name recognition will only get bigger after the Super Bowl. They are really going all out for the Super Bowl. The highest SuperBowl Budget in the region etc.

Dallas will only play ball in a SB bid unless they can have control over major events. This area won't get another SB without Dallas' participation. Fort Worth will get more name recognition but so will Dallas. We need to leave the provincial bs behind, it doesn't do anyone here any good and makes people in this region look petty and small.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM

6,726 posts, read 9,975,081 times
Quote:
This must be why Arlington's Mayor said that he and the city council are "frustrated" that everyone is still seeing this Super Bowl as being in Dallas and not Fort Worth, Arlington, or North Texas. All of the players at their press conference were saying things like "we are excited about going to Dallas....". Not Fort Worth, not Arlington, not North Texas. You did hear a few "Texas'" though.

You still trying to claim you're not ladarron?
Please prove it!

I will actually tell you who I am.

I am 17. I am a junior in high school. I attend Lincoln High School in South Dallas. Are you happy now! If you need more information, I will be happy to share.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,973,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
You're missing the point. Sure, he complains about the name recognition, it's a legitimate complaint. But you cannot honestly think he regrets putting the stadium there.

Let's look at the mayor's quote from your link:

“Does it make me angry? No. It’s just something we have to overcome,” Cluck said. “I’m frustrated. Sure. That’s the word.”

Doesn't sound like he regrets the decision.

And you're wrong, people do spend money in Arlington. This Super Bowl is not the norm. I go to both Cowboys games and Rangers games every season. I eat and drink around the stadium, and I run into MANY other people who obviously have come from the same place I have. Places around the stadium are always packed with fans spending money in Arlington.
LMAO, "frustrated", "angry", more or less the same. The point is, Arlington got suckered into building the Cowboys Stadium. You should know, since you're such an Arlington expert, that city leaders thought the stadium would put Arlington on the map. Everyone would know about Arlington because of Jerry World. Instead, people think that it's in Dallas and don't know what a Arlington is (unless you mean the Arlington National Cemetery). And of course people are going to spend money at the restaurants around the stadium during and before games, but that's hardly the majority. Most are on 360 or I-30 in no time. I've been to plenty of Rangers game while living in Arlington to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Please prove it!

I will actually tell you who I am.

I am 17. I am a junior in high school. I attend Lincoln High School in South Dallas. Are you happy now! If you need more information, I will be happy to share.
Like I said, you don't have to try and hide it anymore. We all know you're ladarron. The posting styles are the EXACT same for one. You're not going to get banned again, so just chill. We know you're ladarron and you know you're ladarron. So, stop posting fake ages and lifestlyes bro. Kinda strange, tbh. Moving on...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM

6,726 posts, read 9,975,081 times
Quote:
LMAO, "frustrated", "angry", more or less the same. The point is, Arlington got suckered into building the Cowboys Stadium. You should know, since you're such an Arlington expert, that city leaders thought the stadium would put Arlington on the map. Everyone would know about Arlington because of Jerry World. Instead, people think that it's in Dallas and don't know what a Arlington is (unless you mean the Arlington National Cemetery). And of course people are going to spend money at the restaurants around the stadium during and before games, but that's hardly the majority. Most are on 360 or I-30 in no time. I've been to plenty of Rangers game while living in Arlington to know.

Like I said, you don't have to try and hide it anymore. We all know you're ladarron. The posting styles are the EXACT same for one. You're not going to get banned again, so just chill. We know you're ladarron and you know you're ladarron. So, stop posting fake ages and lifestlyes bro. Kinda strange, tbh. Moving on...
You actually think I'm lying! Why would I lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas