Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
LMAO, "frustrated", "angry", more or less the same. The point is, Arlington got suckered into building the Cowboys Stadium. You should know, since you're such an Arlington expert, that city leaders thought the stadium would put Arlington on the map. Everyone would know about Arlington because of Jerry World. Instead, people think that it's in Dallas and don't know what a Arlington is (unless you mean the Arlington National Cemetery). And of course people are going to spend money at the restaurants around the stadium during and before games, but that's hardly the majority. Most are on 360 or I-30 in no time. I've been to plenty of Rangers game while living in Arlington to know.

Arlington has a lot of things going for it. For one, it is the biggest entertainment district in North Texas, and Cowboys Stadium is now a BIG part of that. If Arlington thought the world would forget that Dallas and Fort Worth were on each side of them because of a football stadium, that's their own dumb fault. They knew Jerry wasn't going to change the name of the team to the "Arlington Cowboys" or the "Metroplex Cowboys." Nevertheless, the most important thing about the stadium is that it brings people and money to Arlington. If you think the city leaders would give that up for a second because some insignificant ESPN reporter gets the name of the town wrong, I don't know what to tell you.

Furthermore, the stadium being in Arlington is the ONLY reason anybody in the country gives a rat's ass about Arlington right now, or Fort Worth or anywhere else other than Dallas for that matter. This would have been the Super Bowl in Dallas had it not been for JerryWorld being located in Arlington. Yeah, I'm sure he really regrets the stadium being in Arlington.

Last edited by ClarenceBodiker; 02-01-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 PM

And for what it's worth, I'm actually ladarron. I wasn't banned, I just forgot my password so I came up with this name.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Arlington has a lot of things going for it. For one, it is the biggest entertainment district in North Texas, and Cowboys Stadium is now a BIG part of that. If Arlington thought the world would forget that Dallas and Fort Worth were on each side of them because of a football stadium, that's their own dumb fault. They knew Jerry wasn't going to change the name of the team to the "Arlington Cowboys" or the "Metroplex Cowboys." Nevertheless, the most important thing about the stadium is that it brings people and money to Arlington. If you think the city leaders would give that up for a second because some insignificant ESPN reporter gets the name of the town wrong, I don't know what to tell you.

Furthermore, the stadium being in Arlington is the ONLY reason anybody in the country gives a rat's ass about Arlington right now, or Fort Worth or anywhere else other than Dallas for that matter. This would have been the Super Bowl in Dallas had it not been for JerryWorld being located in Arlington. Yeah, I'm sure he really regrets the stadium being in Arlington.
Bitterness?

God, dude this is the FIRST time both Arlington and Fort Worth have recieved any attention other than being "the cities next to Dallas".

Let it go....

Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
There has been a long standing rivalry between Bid D and Cowtown. Native Fort Worthers, such as yours truly, generally think that Dallas would be alright if they just didn't think so much of themselves. Dallasites tend to look down on Fort Worth as a poor neighbor with a smelly stockyard. Arlington residents probably identify with Fort Worth more than Dallas. At least that was the case when I went to College there.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Bitterness?

God, dude this is the FIRST time both Arlington and Fort Worth have recieved any attention other than being "the cities next to Dallas".

Let it go....

Bitter? Do you even read entire thread conversations before you walk in with your constant "poor disrespected us in Fort Worth" card and assume somebody is trying to put down your city? I'm not attacking Fort Worth or Arlington, dude. I'm a Fort Worth native. I'm saying that it's a good thing for Arlington that they have the stadium. It helps them, and it's helped the entire metroplex during this Super Bowl bid instead of just having everything come to Dallas as usual. Jeez, I'm practically one of the only people on this entire forum who consistently defends Arlington for snatching up the Cowboys Stadium. Get that "bitterness" nonsense out of here, as well as your perpetual victim mentality for Fort Worth. Let it go.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Bitter? Do you even read entire thread conversations before you walk in with your constant "poor disrespected us in Fort Worth" card and assume somebody is trying to put down your city? I'm not attacking Fort Worth or Arlington, dude. I'm a Fort Worth native. I'm saying that it's a good thing for Arlington that they have the stadium. It helps them, and it's helped the entire metroplex during this Super Bowl bid instead of just having everything come to Dallas as usual. Jeez, I'm practically one of the only people on this entire forum who consistently defends Arlington for snatching up the Cowboys Stadium. Get that "bitterness" nonsense out of here, as well as your perpetual victim mentality for Fort Worth. Let it go.

First off, how exactly am I supposed to KNOW that you're not a Dallasite when you don't say it? When I see Dallas, Texas in that right corner, what am I supposed to think?

Second, there's a reason why I bolded that second paragraph. I read the post, but next time you wanna "defend Arlington", don't bring up anyone "only giving a rat's ass about Arlington, or Fort Worth, or anywhere else other than Dallas" because it makes you seem like yet another one of those Dallas posters who can't get over the fact that the stadium isn't even in the same county.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
And for what it's worth, I'm actually ladarron. I wasn't banned, I just forgot my password so I came up with this name.
That's a lie. Ladarron is listed as "not a member", so he (Dallaz) was banned.

Quote:

You're simply overestimated all that it is bringing to Arlington, when Arlington has to still pay for the stadium (for decades to come). Dallas still gets the most benefits when something like the Super Bowl comes. People consider the stadium as being in Dallas, while Arlington foots the bill.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 AM

6,697 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
That's a lie. Ladarron is listed as "not a member", so he (Dallaz) was banned.
I will prove it. What do you want me to do?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
I think some in Arlington are overreacting. There's no harm in trying to put the city on the map but I think some people are taking it way to personal. If there were to be a Super Bowl taking place in Naperville I am sure many in Arlington would say it's in Chicago, no harm meant it's just easier.

I also think there is some kind elitisim here in DFW that disregards everything else outside of downtown Dallas north to Plano. I call this area pretentious Dallas and it's what outsiders point out as fake when they visit. I have lived in Arlington and Grand Prairie for a long time so I am not biased for Dallas or Fort Worth. Fort Worth is a great city growing tremendously and I personally am not surprised when some Dallasites living in their bubble cannot believe that Fort Worth was chosen by ESPN instead of Dallas.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

First off, how exactly am I supposed to KNOW that you're not a Dallasite when you don't say it? When I see Dallas, Texas in that right corner, what am I supposed to think?

Second, there's a reason why I bolded that second paragraph. I read the post, but next time you wanna "defend Arlington", don't bring up anyone "only giving a rat's ass about Arlington, or Fort Worth, or anywhere else other than Dallas" because it makes you seem like yet another one of those Dallas posters who can't get over the fact that the stadium isn't even in the same county.

Hey, I didn't say it was fair! That's just the way it is.

While I'm from Fort Worth and live in Dallas now, I could not care less about the "rivalry" between the two cities and just call it as I see it. My honest opinion is that Fort Worth is a great city, but its residents are too obsessed with Dallas and what people think about Cowtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas