Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: HOT: Which city do you most NOT like?
Austin 12 23.08%
Dallas 19 36.54%
Houston 21 40.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:25 AM

701 posts, read 1,563,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yep, all of the above very hot and very humid in the summer. Don't tell me that Dallas isn't humid--I've been there many times, and the first thing I notice when I get there is the humidity--and that goes double for Austin and Houston.
I think it's funny when people from Dallas complain about the humidity. Once I tell them that is nothing, they balk until I tell them I'm from Houston and then they understand. Nothing can beat that humidity, I swear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
I think it's funny when people from Dallas complain about the humidity. Once I tell them that is nothing, they balk until I tell them I'm from Houston and then they understand. Nothing can beat that humidity, I swear.
I'm Native West Texan which is known for dry heat and very little humidity. We also keep an apartment in Dallas and occasionally spend time in Houston and Austin. Anyhow, I can honestly tell you right now that we can tolerate Dallas a lot easier than Houston. HTown is crazy when it comes to the heat and humidity...for us anyhow lol

Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I agree that they are ALL hot, but IMO, Houston is the hottest.
Actually that's incorrect if it's summer we're speaking of -- it's the least hot, but the more humid.

OP, this can all be looked up.

Heat index in all is very similar.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times
Texas is hot thread ... hmm interesting concept. Kinda like the " Is Texas South or SW" or "is the KKK still lynching minorities in Vidor" threads. Or "Houston vs Dallas" (in any form or fashion).

C'mon , let's try and be a little more imaginative.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,776,153 times
I didn't bother to look up the heat index. I was speaking from personal experience and just voiced my opinion. LOL Maybe my body translates a totally different heat index to my brain than the one the meteorologists use.

Regardless, BobTex is right, it is a mute point. Hot is hot and Texas is that for sure.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Actually that's incorrect if it's summer we're speaking of -- it's the least hot, but the more humid.

[/End thread]

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

^^^ This

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
It is all relative, for sure.

When you are a native West Texan, most of Texas seems humid outside of this area.

I have seen people in various Texas forums call both Dallas and Austin a "dry" heat--and compared to East Texas and Houston, I guess it would be to them, LOL!!

To me, they're all hot and sweltering humid!!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

To me, they're all hot and sweltering humid!!
I am from the Caribbean, Houston's humidity has nothing on the Caribbean, and to me I am just like you. Houston, Austin, Dallas is all humid to me, just not as humid as the Caribbean. AZ and NV are too dry for me though. I can live in either of the three in the poll, but AZ and NV air gives me headaches in the summer

Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I am from the Caribbean, Houston's humidity has nothing on the Caribbean, and to me I am just like you. Houston, Austin, Dallas is all humid to me, just not as humid as the Caribbean. AZ and NV are too dry for me though. I can live in either of the three in the poll, but AZ and NV air gives me headaches in the summer
I would bet that you get headaches in NV/AZ because of dehydration. Enough water makes all the difference in the world.

I even had to learn to drink more when I moved to NM/CO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas