Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times

Advertisements

I live a 100 miles out of Houston and this is Cowboy country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM

I don't see Romo as gay man bait ... gotta be one of the less thought out statements I've read on here ... bless he OP's heart!

Agree with Bo ... I have never seen his Mexican genetics marketed and I am on the Cowboy's website and fan forums frequently!

This whole post is kinda all about nothing. Successful NFL QB's are not very plentiful. Romo remains under contract. I do see the Cowboys spending a high round pick in attempt to get a good prospect. Don't know if there are any sure NFL prospects in this year's draft as was in the 2012 draft.

BTW the flavor of the thread starter is detrimental to Romo. Though not a sold out fan (he chokes too easily ... short arms way too many passes ... overthrows too much on other passes) In the last 7 games prior to last night's game he had more yards than any other QB. He had the 4th best QB rating of active players and 5th best al time.

Having said all that he fails to carry the team on his back. No playoffs is bad news to a Cowboy fan !

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times

This is your problems, ladies and gentlemen.

Start affecting his pocket books and maybe he'll change.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Default Pish posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Judging by his play history, I wonder if they chose him because of his half-Hispanic ancestry to attract mexican-americans to watch and his looks to get the women and gay men to watch.

He doesn't look that good in the first place. He needs to be traded I am so tired of hearing about him. If he can't get the Cowboys a ring he doesn't need to be here, and if these players cannot win together, they need to be split up and some new faces need to be sought out so we can go back being a team

Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
He doesn't look that good in the first place. He needs to be traded I am so tired of hearing about him. If he can't get the Cowboys a ring he doesn't need to be here, and if these players cannot win together, they need to be split up and some new faces need to be sought out so we can go back being a team

And a new coach(clock management and play calling stink) and a real football guy general manager ... won't happen because of the guy in the pic above!

Jerrah has a $2.1 billion dollar toy and he will play with it like he likes too!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
wehotex, I guess it's true what they say . . . beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally find Romo as ugly as a mud fence, but that's just my opinion. I'm certainly no fan of his nor his employer (Jones). Here in the DFW area, it's hard to escape all the Cowboy hype and hard to watch the news w/o some interviews with the more prominent people in the cowboy franchise. I have to say I am happy someone told Romo to turn that damn cap around on his head when doing interviews. OMG, just watching those (with Romo and that punk style of ball cap on backwards and the dip of snuff to boot) was enough to turn your stomach big time.

As to his abilities, I'm with BobTex on the choking, Romo is famous for it. It doesn't matter one bit what your stats are if you can't bring it on home and THAT, my friends, is where Romo fails. Close, but no cigar and in this game, that ain't gonna cut it!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post

He is precisely the reason I haven't been a Cowboys fan since they canned Tom Landry.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
And a new coach(clock management and play calling stink) and a real football guy general manager ... won't happen because of the guy in the pic above!

Jerrah has a $2.1 billion dollar toy and he will play with it like he likes too!
Any coach out there who would work for JJ, is a coach I sure wouldn't want. That says it all in a nutshell.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
wehotex, I guess it's true what they say . . . beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally find Romo as ugly as a mud fence, but that's just my opinion. I'm certainly no fan of his nor his employer (Jones). Here in the DFW area, it's hard to escape all the Cowboy hype and hard to watch the news w/o some interviews with the more prominent people in the cowboy franchise. I have to say I am happy someone told Romo to turn that damn cap around on his head when doing interviews. OMG, just watching those (with Romo and that punk style of ball cap on backwards and the dip of snuff to boot) was enough to turn your stomach big time.

As to his abilities, I'm with BobTex on the choking, Romo is famous for it. It doesn't matter one bit what your stats are if you can't bring it on home and THAT, my friends, is where Romo fails. Close, but no cigar and in this game, that ain't gonna cut it!
LOL. I find him to be much more attractive than Troy Aikman, although they are both attractive.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post

I know this isn't the best time to defend Romo (and boy is it NOT), he's not the main issue. Last night, he was a pretty big part of it, but not really the issue.

It's the guy who writes his checks. Sadly, that's not changing anytime soon...

To answer the OP's question, he's there because he still gives the Cowboys a chance. However, the team around him screws up just as much, and even more sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas