Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has the best adult entertainment in Texas
Dallas 20 38.46%
Houston 32 61.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:29 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,077,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
You didn't call me out, you got called out.
What a tool.

Mapquest has it at .38 miles even less than Google Maps at 0.5

http://mapq.st/1pxB41d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 12:30 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,839,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surcharles View Post
Of course you didn't. After all no one ever likes to be called out on their bs.
Not that. Subjective opinions aren't worth arguing over. You didn't pick up the tongue and cheek nature of my original comment and you didn't bring anything new to the conversation than "oh yeah, sez you".

Not worth my time.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
What a tool.

Mapquest has it at .38 miles even less than Google Maps at 0.5

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map
Ok, why didn't you start with that one? Your previous map had 2.7 miles or a 10 minute walk.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Ok, why didn't you start with that one? Your previous map had 2.7 miles or a 10 minute walk.
Man you're something else...

It clearly said 0.5 miles.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:

No, it didn't.

Im done with this.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,153,468 times
Quote:

You may want to check your map. That's not within the city limits of Houston. It's not relevant to the point you were trying to make with this ludicrous claim that sexually oriented businesses are located "right next to churches and schools" due to Houston's lack of zoning. It's merely illustrative of Houston's inability to contain or govern its ridiculous suburban (and really, in this case, semi-rural) sprawl.

Even if it were within city limits, half a mile is not "next door". Even most cities with zoning would be okay with this distance.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You may want to check your map. That's not within the city limits of Houston. It's not relevant to the point you were trying to make with this ludicrous claim that sexually oriented businesses are located "right next to churches and schools" due to Houston's lack of zoning. It's merely illustrative of Houston's inability to contain or govern its ridiculous suburban (and really, in this case, semi-rural) sprawl.

Even if it were within city limits, half a mile is not "next door". Even most cities with zoning would be okay with this distance.
Says City of Houston to me.

Here is one even closer at 1/4 mile away on Westheimer if that's more "city" for you. I quoted you a couple of pages ago, but I guess you ignored it. Sits near a church AND a school as well as being right next door to the Consulate of Saudi Arabia.

No, you won't find any other cities with churches & strip clubs this close except maybe Las Vegas, but those aren't real churches they are chapels where plastered tourists get married & regret it the next morning.

Quote:
You don't have to believe me, I could give 2 ****s, but the fact the NY Times recently confirmed it maybe now you'll shut your trap.

"On a recent evening at Treasures, down the street from the Galleria mall and the Memorial Lutheran Church and School, the shoeshine booth was empty, but the tables were crowded with men, who sat drinking $7.50 beers while watching scantily clad or topless women on the main stage. The door to the upstairs private rooms was locked, and as part of the agreement the rooms have ceased operating."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/03/us...ruce.html?_r=0

Google Maps has it right at .3 miles away from each other which is a stones throw away & right next door sits the Consulate of Saudi Arabia further reiterating just how international Houston is.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/5800...74!2d29.737351

Old 06-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Says City of Houston to me.

Here is one even closer at 1/4 mile away on Westheimer if that's more "city" for you. I quoted you a couple of pages ago, but I guess you ignored it. Sits near a church AND a school as well as being right next door to the Consulate of Saudi Arabia.

No, you won't find any other cities with churches & strip clubs this close except maybe Las Vegas, but those aren't real churches they are chapels where plastered people get married & regret it the next morning.

You don't understand city limits? St. James is not in the city limits.

Treasures is not 1/4 mile away from that church, it is famously just beyond the 1500' necessary to operate. So, still not "next door" and still not reflective of this weird thing you seem to be boasting about. In fact, Houston has been notoriously tough on strip clubs in general and Treasures, specifically. The city has tried everything in its power to shut it down, including now forcing them to close their private rooms (according to your article).

From what I have read, Dallas and Austin are both far more lax in their regulation of SOBs.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You don't understand city limits? St. James is not in the city limits.

Treasures is not 1/4 mile away from that church, it is famously just beyond the 1500' necessary to operate. So, still not "next door" and still not reflective of this weird thing you seem to be boasting about. In fact, Houston has been notoriously tough on strip clubs in general and Treasures, specifically. The city has tried everything in its power to shut it down, including now forcing them to close their private rooms (according to your article).

From what I have read, Dallas and Austin are both far more lax in their regulation of SOBs.
Houston is different from Dallas & Austin because the strip clubs along with the other sexually oriented businesses (legal & illegal) are spread out all over the city versus Dallas where they are confined to a small area of Northwest Dallas. I'm sure Austin is the same way, but you never really hear about Austin's strip clubs because they probably either suck or are strictly for gay men only.

1/4 mile is the length of a dragstrip FYI. If we were drag racing on Westheimer (which happens a lot btw) most cars on the road today could get from Treasures to the church in less than 15 seconds. Its a lot closer than you think.

You're probably way too young to remember the good old days of Miami Subs & Houston's infamous street racing scene of the late 90's. I spent many nights at Miami Subs on Westheimer back then.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 06-01-2014 at 02:40 PM..

Old 06-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:

No, you won't find any other cities with churches & strip clubs this close except maybe Las Vegas, but those aren't real churches they are chapels where plastered tourists get married & regret it the next morning.
Are you sure about that?

In San Francisco, it's about 400 feet from St. Francis of Assisi church to Little Darlings on Columbus. Another 20-100 feet around the corner will get you to the Condor Club, Roaring 20's, Hungry I, Eden, Larry Flynt's Hustler Club, Penthouse, etc. A couple of these are fully nude.

Nobody brags about this, because why would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas