Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 07:54 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,409,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Being overwhelmingly Mexican with nothing close to the diversity that Houston or Dallas have.
I like the implication that Mexican is no longer an acceptable category for diversity purposes. How very Harvard of you.

Quote:
many of those minorities are tucked away in neighborhoods that the hipsters never bother dealing with.
And that is different from Dallas and Houston how? The only races that are mixed in DFW & Houston are Asian/Indian and white. The rest are in very separate parts of each city. If you disagree, you should take a look at a census map.
Oh here you go, there's an easy one on wikipedia. I'm sure the hipsters in Houston are heading into black or asian neighborhoods to hang out there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Houston

Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
This. You see more good looking guys in larger cities, simply because there is an absolute number of good looking guys out there. Thus - though I personally prefer Austin - Houston and Dallas will surely have the largest number of good looking men to be seen. That you find more good looking guys in large cities is confirmed anew for me every time I go over to London (to a lesser extent, DC and NYC).

Apart from the absolute number, other factors would seem subjective to me, such as ethnic features, typical styles of dress and grooming, etc. The deal is, however, that the more culturally and ethnically diverse the population, the greater likelihood that you will find plenty of your "type", if you have a strong type-preference. Again I'd reference London as exemplary in this respect -- loads of people from all over the planet, so you're bound to find something you like even if you have a strong type-preference. So in regard to Texas, the other factor might be which city has the most diverse population -- Dallas or Houston.
Hmm good points..... my "type" is mid 30's to late 40's, white, decent build, & easygoing......
No tattoos, no piercings, etc.

I'm not necessarily looking for diversity, lol

Btw I'd love to be in London....some of the most amazing people I've met are from there.....

Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Hmm good points..... my "type" is mid 30's to late 40's, white, decent build, & easygoing......
No tattoos, no piercings, etc.

I'm not necessarily looking for diversity, lol

Btw I'd love to be in London....some of the most amazing people I've met are from there.....
How can ethnicity or race actually be a preference to some people? I'm sure that if you click with someone and they're very attractive it wouldn't matter, right? Would you really pass up a very handsome Hispanic or ethnic man if he shared your interests and you guys clicked well?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I like the implication that Mexican is no longer an acceptable category for diversity purposes. How very Harvard of you.

And that is different from Dallas and Houston how? The only races that are mixed in DFW & Houston are Asian/Indian and white. The rest are in very separate parts of each city. If you disagree, you should take a look at a census map.
Oh here you go, there's an easy one on wikipedia. I'm sure the hipsters in Houston are heading into black or asian neighborhoods to hang out there.
Demographics of Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've seen whites around the Third Ward all of the time when I was there. Even old hippies on bikes. That is where U of H is located after all. The neighborhood is also the center of the city's large upwardly mobile black community. Something you really won't see in Austin where they do nothing but drive most of the blacks out through gentrification. I'm not saying that Houston or Dallas are the most integrated places in the world, but they have a much more visible level of diversity.

I also never said that Mexicans don't contribute to diversity.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:59 AM

Mega man, why is that even a debate? Austin is a mostly white town. I thought that was pretty standard common sense? Houston is the most diverse city in the state and one of the top five in the nation.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:00 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
How can ethnicity or race actually be a preference to some people?
I prefer my own race but I'm open to date any group.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I prefer my own race but I'm open to date any group.
Everyone loves the familiar. I'm one of those white guys that loves ethnic girls and my ethnic friends don't get why I don't go for the blondes that they love so much, so its all relative.

The point is that if you clicked with someone of another race, would you turn them down because they're not X ethnicity?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM

568 posts, read 901,930 times
Quote:
Everyone loves the familiar. I'm one of those white guys that loves ethnic girls and my ethnic friends don't get why I don't go for the blondes that they love so much, so its all relative.

The point is that if you clicked with someone of another race, would you turn them down because they're not X ethnicity?
I think he answered that question in the post you quoted. Also I don't see why it's so strange to you why people would have a preference. I find certain races more attractive but that does mean I wouldn't date outside of those preferred ethnicities.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Quote:
How can ethnicity or race actually be a preference to some people? I'm sure that if you click with someone and they're very attractive it wouldn't matter, right? Would you really pass up a very handsome Hispanic or ethnic man if he shared your interests and you guys clicked well?
I know what I like.....No need to try to convince me otherwise

Old 09-05-2014, 12:52 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
My picker prefers white and I couldn't answer why anymore than why I also like nice legs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas