Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:03 PM

94 posts, read 278,133 times

Advertisements

Do yourself a favor and try somewhere else. Anywhere else. Waco is pretty nasty and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone having been here for a month.

BIG regrets moving here man, big regrets.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:42 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
If you can get out, try Tyler. Sorry your hopes didn't work out. What all is wrong?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:10 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Wow, give it a bit of time. Not the most exciting place in the world, but a month is not much of a chance.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:58 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,002,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by occdn View Post
Do yourself a favor and try somewhere else. Anywhere else. Waco is pretty nasty and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone having been here for a month. BIG regrets moving here man, big regrets.
You really need to go into details. I believe that you don't like the place, but without the details it's just an empty warning.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:17 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
I remember you wanting to move from Orange County CA to Waco. That's a crazy move as the two areas are complete opposites. Sorry it hasn't worked out so far, but give it one more month for the weather to change and maybe something about it will grow on you.

If you don't like Waco, you won't like any isolated TX small town (like Tyler) so I'd recommend a day trip to Dallas (an hour north) or Austin (an hour south).

If you don't like either of those, then you should plan a move to Florida or back to CA. Austin will be a little bit closer to CA lifestyle in some ways, but still nothing like a CA beach city.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by occdn View Post
Do yourself a favor and try somewhere else. Anywhere else. Waco is pretty nasty and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone having been here for a month.

BIG regrets moving here man, big regrets.
Even native Texans have been saying the same thing for a long time.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I remember you wanting to move from Orange County CA to Waco. That's a crazy move as the two areas are complete opposites. Sorry it hasn't worked out so far, but give it one more month for the weather to change and maybe something about it will grow on you.

If you don't like Waco, you won't like any isolated TX small town (like Tyler) so I'd recommend a day trip to Dallas (an hour north) or Austin (an hour south).

If you don't like either of those, then you should plan a move to Florida or back to CA. Austin will be a little bit closer to CA lifestyle in some ways, but still nothing like a CA beach city.

Do research, Tyler is 1 1/2 hour to DFW and not isolated and above all not really small, 225,000 in metro no, of course it's not LA or Houston or DFW but hardly rural, lol.

But Orange County it is not, but IMO much better than the Waco area.

I am also, curious why the heck was Waco chosen, yeah, one huge cultural shock, among everything else, coming for California, and especially Orange County to "boot", lol

Old 08-26-2016, 01:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
Do research, Tyler is 1 1/2 hour to DFW and not isolated and above all not really small, 225,000 in metro no, of course it's not LA or Houston or DFW but hardly rural, lol.
Orange County has millions of residents. 225k metro is nothing, and none of the amenities associated with a large metro exist. BTW, Waco's metro population is slightly higher than Tyler's so I'd say they are comparable.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post

What? Tyler isn't a huge metro area but it's metro area is over 220,000 people, and it's an hour and a half from Dallas. It's not an "isolated small town." No, it's not Paris or Rome but it's also not Arcanum, Ohio or Magnolia, Arkansas - LOL.

Just so you know, Tyler has lots of amenities and anything that we want that's not here, is easy to find in Dallas, which is an hour and a half away. So like I said, it's not "isolated."

We're also less than three hours from Houston, which is one of the largest metro areas in the US. Two hours from Fort Worth.

Many Tylerites are very accustomed to jumping in their car and driving the short distance to DFW. But also, Tyler is such a pleasant, prosperous town with so many amenities which cater to Tyler's prosperous white collar business class, that many people find they rarely if ever have to make that short drive to Dallas.

"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto!"

Old 08-26-2016, 05:33 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
Waco and Tyler are two of the most similar cities in the state, but Waco is closer to all of the major cities in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas