Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:30 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Actually no, it's not. Of course folks like to change God's words to fit their own world view.
Please quote the Scripture where illegal immigration is condoned.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:41 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
It creates a voting bloc that is easily controlled.
You are correct.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:22 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
I can see how democratic politicians might want a voting bloc but what does the average liberal democrat think about this situation? Why is it, do it our way or these people will continue to live on the margins?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:06 PM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
they need to live in THIER own country and apply and wait to get here legally like hundreds of thousands did = get in line and wait -America is worth the effort

Old 07-09-2017, 09:01 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
Quote:
Why is it that no matter what the topic of the thread is about, Texans ALWAYS change the topic to GUNS? You'll got your guns.
I got 'em. The quote of mine in your post is direct to Ikoolu as reference by the quote in my post. Don't understand you getting your panties all in a wad about the mention of firearms but libs are hardly ever logical. And firearms in relation to Texans should be ALL important. As we know, without the personal ownership of firearms there would be NO TEXAS ... yeah, I'm sure you're as distressed as I am about that frightful thought.

Quote:
No way anybody is taking them away for Christs sake! As for the blatantly unconstitutional law Abbott is trying to force on local law enforcement, it's not their job to enforce federal laws. They're working their butts off trying to enforce local and state laws. And for all the indignant folk who want all "illegals" rounded up and sent"home", most of these folks have no home. So much for Good Christians loving thy neighbor.
Your pompous attitude is duly noted.

Interesting the way some want to lash out at Christians all the while they themselves are using the Lord's name in vain . While lecturing on Christian values I wonder if these came to your mind ... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (Jesus speaking to the Pharisees wanting to stone the adulteress to death) or maybe "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" Now that's some goooood Christian learnin' right there! With the vile hate in your post I don't think you're a good one to be admonishing Christians about "loving thy neighbor". Set a good example and maybe your words carry some weight next time.

The rest of your post is pretty empty. The law being declared unconstitutional is luckily not up to you but should this go to SCOTUS ... well, wanna lay some cash on the outcome?

Didn't see anyone on this thread calling for "all illegals rounded up and sent home" , did you? Meanwhile ... if they crossed our borders illegally to come here they left their home(s) to do so ... there's no ifs, ands or buts about that. So that premise is bovine scat!

As far as the LEO community is concerned, they are only directed to NOT release law breaking aliens AFTER they are already arrested, until ICE can pick them up. In the large offending cities there is always ICE presence so that could not be ANY hardship on these entities. This is just cooperation between differing law enforcement agencies which happens all the time and would in this case if their civilian handlers weren't poking their politics into a law enforcement issue.

Your thoughts/reasoning throughout your post is outside the laws of normalcy and decency

Old 07-10-2017, 04:57 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
The rest of your post is pretty empty. The law being declared unconstitutional is luckily not up to you but should this go to SCOTUS ... well, wanna lay some cash on the outcome?

I most certainly welcome this being settled by the Supreme Court.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:37 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I got 'em. The quote of mine in your post is direct to Ikoolu as reference by the quote in my post. Don't understand you getting your panties all in a wad about the mention of firearms but libs are hardly ever logical. And firearms in relation to Texans should be ALL important. As we know, without the personal ownership of firearms there would be NO TEXAS ... yeah, I'm sure you're as distressed as I am about that frightful thought.

Your pompous attitude is duly noted.

Interesting the way some want to lash out at Christians all the while they themselves are using the Lord's name in vain . While lecturing on Christian values I wonder if these came to your mind ... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (Jesus speaking to the Pharisees wanting to stone the adulteress to death) or maybe "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" Now that's some goooood Christian learnin' right there! With the vile hate in your post I don't think you're a good one to be admonishing Christians about "loving thy neighbor". Set a good example and maybe your words carry some weight next time.

Didn't see anyone on this thread calling for "all illegals rounded up and sent home" , did you? Meanwhile ... if they crossed our borders illegally to come here they left their home(s) to do so ... there's no ifs, ands or buts about that. So that premise is bovine scat!

As far as the LEO community is concerned, they are only directed to NOT release law breaking aliens AFTER they are already arrested, until ICE can pick them up. In the large offending cities there is always ICE presence so that could not be ANY hardship on these entities. This is just cooperation between differing law enforcement agencies which happens all the time and would in this case if their civilian handlers weren't poking their politics into a law enforcement issue.

Your thoughts/reasoning throughout your post is outside the laws of normalcy and decency
VILE HATE??? No hate here. Just voicing my opinion that our local law enforcement already has a full plate and should not be expected to enforce federal immigration law for non violent offenders. As far as your other comments, well, let's simply agree to live and let live. You've got your opinion, I have mine. And I welcome SCOTUS ruling on it once and for all.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
VILE HATE??? No hate here. Just voicing my opinion that our local law enforcement already has a full plate and should not be expected to enforce federal immigration law for non violent offenders. As far as your other comments, well, let's simply agree to live and let live. You've got your opinion, I have mine. And I welcome SCOTUS ruling on it once and for all.
But it's written in a way that it will not hinder local law enforcement. I think that's just a canard brought up by people who don't want any enforcement of federal law against illegal aliens. It seems as though there's never a compromise because I get the the impression that activists on the other side just hate out existing border laws and think they're unfair or that we should reform (i.e. lax) our entry laws.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:49 PM

940 posts, read 1,902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
People don't try to understand from the perspective of immigrants. We Americans have never lived in their shoes.
That's right I don't try to understand EVERYTHING from the perspective of ILLEGAL immigrants, and it's real simple why just like your ABC's:

A. The purpose of government is to create the framework for an orderly society for its citizens and non-citizens here legally. And to some degree this provides protections for those here illegally too.

B. The government is to be held responsible for upholding A above ONLY by its citizens. Therefore its first priority is its citizens.

C. I can understand ILLEGAL immigrants' perspective on wanting to be protected from crime. This is as far as I need morally to go. And even this is very problematic and taxes our legal system for many reasons, which is why they should go home. Protecting them from crime entails expending on resources not only to deal with language barriers but also to find perpetrators who are also ILLEGAL immigrants who can easily skip the country back to their home country and avoid prosecution for decades while our law enforcement agencies spend millions trying to get them back to face trial.

Thus I feel no motivation to "try to understand" anything I do not already understand. BECAUSE OUR GOVERNMENT IS FIRST AND FOREMOST RESPONSIBLE TO THE CITIZENS.
Quote:
They came over for various reasons than taking our jobs and taking advantage of our welfare system like most people claimed.
That's right they came here knowing which political party wants them here for their illegal votes, which qualifies as a reason they are here. If this is not true, then all the coastal states would have no problem providing data on voter registration to the Administration's study initiative on this issue. But they have a big problem on this, thus they have much to hide and they and everyone knows it.

Quote:

The arguments by anti-immigration base are invalid.
I agree. Invalid as support for an agenda which is to have as many third world votes as the party can muster for the nation that needs "fundamental transformation" as a former president put it.

Quote:
VILE HATE??? No hate here. Just voicing my opinion that our local law enforcement already has a full plate and should not be expected to enforce federal immigration law for non violent offenders.
They are not being asked to enforce federal law they are being asked to comply with the law. I mean this is ridiculous. Huge amounts of resources is what is takes to pick up a phone and notify ICE of who is in your jail? Really this is beyond ridiculous, it is pretending to rhetorically promulgate something that is nothing, in other words if not lying to oneself, then playing a make believe story. And speaking of resources to think that OUR local law enforcement and legal systems are not overloaded with the special aggravated problems that having to deal with ILLEGALS entails, is just a massive delusion. Go look at the county website for Gwinette county, GA and look at the last names, and tell me how many of those names are English names that get arrested every day. Do it. Give me the percentage, say over a week's time. My brother finally left there for Chattanooga it is so bad. I mean do you really look forward to what happens when you are hit on the road by an ILLEGAL, especially one that is drunk and way over the speed limit? It happened to his son and it put the son's girlfriend in the hospital. Oh and BTW it was a hit and run, the driver jumped out and ran. Since no one could provide visual ID, he got away with it even though he came back for his car, which suddenly got reported stolen after the fact.

OUR GOVERNMENT IS FIRST AND FOREMOST RESPONSIBLE TO THE CITIZENS.

Last edited by groovamos; 07-10-2017 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-10-2017, 09:46 PM

Groovamos you said it all. They don't want to understand because this isn't about the law, they hate it and think it's unfair to people who want to enter. They think we need to make it more lax for people. They think everyone has the right to come over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas