Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I thought 1 thru 4 were reasonable and fair.

#5 - expecting her to have mostly male hobbies is unreasonable, but they could probably work them out a deal.

#6 - expecting her to have only male friends is just asking for trouble. For me, that would be a deal breaker.

But it's to the op's credit he puts that stuff out there for his potential new girlfriends to see so they can decide if they want to be involved with somebody like that, instead of blindly pursuing the relationship and finding out about these expectations slowly over time and by then its too late, because more likely than not, there will be a baby involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You are unlikely to get all 6 characteristics in one woman. The problem with your list is that items conflict/contradict each other. I would say that you should focus on items 2 and 3, with a blend 1 and 4. That would be a classically feminine woman. You can find a woman with long hair, who is straight, who has no tattoos, who isn't inclined towards cosmetic surgery, who wears makeup minimally, and who does not have highly expensive fashion taste but taste for quality clothing and accessories and a reasonable price. Even this woman will not be easy to find

We agree that 1-4 make sense. OP's potential future girlfriend is not likely to be reading this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienlester View Post
I'll be blunt.....

If your a Caucasian guy, Mexican Latinas will chase you down.

Not true at all. Even in Dallas, which is like 40% Hispanic, it can be tough as a Caucasian male to meet Hispanic women. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, I speak Spanish at a near fluent level, and over the years meeting Hispanic women has been a challenge for me.

My day to day activities have put me more in contact with non-Hispanic white women than Hispanic women. In order for most non-Hispanic white men to date Hispanic/Latina women, it usually involves a shifting of day to day activities/changing means of meeting women. It's a concerted effort.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:25 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
Do dark brown hair and eyes make it easier to see Hispanic women? .

Probably 30-40 percent of the people I work with (engineering company) are Hispanic, close to 50/50 male/female although there were more women here than men the last time I saw the numbers. Not that I am in the same situation as you - we have kids and do more kid-centric things - but that split pretty much sums up any activity - school stuff, girl scouts, out to dinner or a movie, all 30-40 percent Hispanic in the crowd, I would estimate.

Back-in-the-day, when I was single, I did date a couple of women that were Hispanic, but I don't recall ever 'trying' to date Hispanic women, it was just that they were in the same dating pool that I was at the time. One had tattoos, which I personally am not a fan of, but they were certainly not a big deal. Not sure where she ended up, she was an 'artist with a day job' and had a young daughter at the time we were dating. The other eventually got at least one tattoo, not really in a position anymore to check for additional tattoos . She had a degree in microbiology now and is a division director in a large company and is married with a couple of kids (still friends on FB).

Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,422 times
OP. you mention your friend at school a lot in this thread as an example of what you are looking for. She's right in front of you, part of your life already. So why are you not thinking about a relationship with her? Is is possible that perhaps a real woman, in real life, is too scary to you unlike the "list" fantasy you have created in your head?

Old 03-12-2019, 05:07 PM

430 posts, read 290,340 times
Quote:
We agree that 1-4 make sense. OP's potential future girlfriend is not likely to be reading this thread.

Not true at all. Even in Dallas, which is like 40% Hispanic, it can be tough as a Caucasian male to meet Hispanic women. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, I speak Spanish at a near fluent level, and over the years meeting Hispanic women has been a challenge for me.

My day to day activities have put me more in contact with non-Hispanic white women than Hispanic women. In order for most non-Hispanic white men to date Hispanic/Latina women, it usually involves a shifting of day to da

Maybe you should consider dating in Fort Worth? Most of my Latina friends over there love them some Caucasian men.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:45 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Maybe you should consider dating in Fort Worth? Most of my Latina friends over there love them some Caucasian men.
I'm not a straight white man, I'm a straight, full Chinese man (although I look half white).

Old 03-14-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:

I never considered dating Fort Worth women because it is not logistically possible for a Dallasite to have something sustainable develop there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I'm not a straight white man, I'm a straight, full Chinese man (although I look half white).

Why not date Chinese women? Chinese women can be feminine and are often thin. With the obesity crisis of Westernized women, dating a Chinese born woman or American born woman of Chinese ancestry could be a very good choice.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:44 PM

478 posts, read 417,599 times
Quote:
I never considered dating Fort Worth women because it is not logistically possible for a Dallasite to have something sustainable develop there.

Why not date Chinese women? Chinese women can be feminine and are often thin. With the obesity crisis of Westernized women, dating a Chinese born woman or American born woman of Chinese ancestry could be a very good choice.
Cracks me up watching you two talk like you’ll ever actually date anyone.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:16 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I know of few, if any men (or women, for that matter) who identify as Evangelical Christians who would prefer that most of their spouse's friends be of the opposite sex--especially when it comes to wives or girlfriends having mostly male friends. It would not matter that those male friends were also friends of their boyfriend or husband. It's just how they roll.
I think you mean you know very few people, Evangelical Christian or Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Unitarian Universalist, Rastafarian, etc. who prefer that most of their spouse's friends be of the opposite sex. I think you also know very few men, regardless of their religious background, who like tomboys (who are very likely to have mostly male friends).

Other people on this forum think I might be bisexual because I like tomboys. I think this is silly because there are plenty of straight men who prefer tomboys, you just don't know those men.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Other people on this forum think I might be bisexual because I like tomboys. I think this is silly because there are plenty of straight men who prefer tomboys, you just don't know those men.
One of the female body types that I like is athletic. I like women who are physically fit. That overly muscled look doesn't do it for me, but a fit body with some muscle definition and shoulder length hair or longer is attractive to me.

I've never met a heterosexual male who had an expressed preference for tomboys.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 PM

478 posts, read 417,599 times
Quote:
I think you mean you know very few people, Evangelical Christian or Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Unitarian Universalist, Rastafarian, etc. who prefer that most of their spouse's friends be of the opposite sex. I think you also know very few men, regardless of their religious background, who like tomboys (who are very likely to have mostly male friends).

Quote:
One of the female body types that I like is athletic. I like women who are physically fit. That overly muscled look doesn't do it for me, but a fit body with some muscle definition and shoulder length hair or longer is attractive to me.

I've never met a heterosexual male who had an expressed preference for tomboys.
The minute the two of you stop treating women as a property evaluation, stop trying to dictate their wants, needs, desires as yours, and stop being just so damn incel - I guarantee your success rate will go up.

Until then, they should move this trash to the Relationships forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas