Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 11:49 AM

349 posts, read 260,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Just set your google maps to avoid them or pay them like everyone else.
Sieg heil!

Quote:
I don't see how being a "Small Town Type" has anything to do with this. I'm from a small town originally.
I'm in Waco. Well away from daily toll roads.

When I AM in Austin or Big D, the toll roads can sneak up like...trolls. Miss the exit because your in the wrong lane, and SLAM! Pay the troll.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,271,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post

I'm in Waco. Well away from daily toll roads.

When I AM in Austin or Big D, the toll roads can sneak up like...trolls. Miss the exit because your in the wrong lane, and SLAM! Pay the troll.
Yeah, well, this is why you put "No Tolls" into your navigation. You aren't entitled to free roads you didn't pay for just because you accidentally drive on them.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well, this is why you put "No Tolls" into your navigation. You aren't entitled to free roads you didn't pay for just because you accidentally drive on them.
Who are you, a schoolmarm? Get off your high horse, and back off on giving me your directions, please.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:06 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,229,687 times
I have an EZ Pass account for travel in the northeast. The only incident I ever had that wasn't easily resolved was when another car was using my license plate number. I tried to appeal it by sending them their picture next to a picture of my own car -- clearly not the same car! -- but never got anywhere. They kept threatening me with fines. Eventually I just gave up and charged it to my account. It was about $1.50. Time to give up and move on. Fortunately it only happened once.

Those of you who are getting erroneous charges -- do they send you a date-stamped picture of your car committing the offense?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:03 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,271,412 times
Quote:
Who are you, a schoolmarm? Get off your high horse, and back off on giving me your directions, please.
LOL Stop expecting free stuff. If you come to Dallas adapt: pay the tolls or take 30 sec to avoid them and quit being so entitled lol.

Sorry, but I came from a place with 0 tolls and managed to adapt, I assume you are smart enough to do so as well.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:05 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,241,184 times
Quote:
I've never seen a tool road sneak up. They have big signs TOLL ROAD AHEAD, or LAST FREE EXIT. Pay attention. Most people somehow manage to handle this.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
LOL Stop expecting free stuff. If you come to Dallas adapt: pay the tolls or take 30 sec to avoid them and quit being so entitled lol.

Sorry, but I came from a place with 0 tolls and managed to adapt, I assume you are smart enough to do so as well.
How do you get that I expect free stuff? I freely admitted I take the SH 130 around Austin, and I pay to toll.

You are obviously living in the metroplex, and are familiar to where toll roads are, and situate yourself in a lane accordingly.

I'm a visitor, am not familiar with upcoming tolls, big billboard signs or not. If I'm hemmed in to a particular lane because I am watching traffic around me, I have been guided on to the toll.

It's as simple as that. And I pay the toll whence it is sent.

How dare you equate me with a freeloader. You have no damn clue who I am, with your nose stuck up in the air like that. Sheezus.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 AM

949 posts, read 573,783 times
Yes. Texas is the example of how not to do it. Proving again how stupid people are.

“People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know.”

― Noam Chomsky

Old 04-09-2019, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sounds to me like you are manufacturing 99% of your problems by being the problem child in the system. I used to carefully review the monthly charges and never found an error, or I should say an error where I was charged a toll I didn't pass through though occasionally they failed to bill a toll. I've since quit wasting my time scouring the detailed log to find a wrongful dollar charge.

This sounds like a general issue with "auto pay". You have an online tag account to see your status. And I have my cc set up to text me when there is a charge. If I were to get a charge over $40 or more frequently than seems correct, I'll look into it closer. Until then, I have better things to do with my time and it doesn't make economic sense to spend hours looking for a few dollars.
You're absolutely right that it doesn't make economic sense to spend hours looking for a few dollars - and they know that. That's exactly what I said - they'd only have to add a few extra charges to everyone's automatic bills to make a LOT of extra money.

I don't "manufacture" these issues in any way other than insisting that they send me a bill rather than automatically deducting it from my bank account. My background is in banking - and I don't allow anyone access to my bank account. By that I mean, that I insist on sending someone money rather than allowing them to come get it, if that makes sense. With bill pay online, this is super easy. So even if I didn't have an issue with their honesty and/or ability to bill correctly, I'd have an issue with giving them a debit card or account info so they could just access my bank account when they deemed that I owe them money.

And no, I don't waste any time "scouring the detailed log" UNLESS they send me a "late payment" bill with a late charge attached - which is several times a year, and when I "scour the detailed log" I always - ALWAYS - find that I have already paid this bill, so no, I'm not going to pay it again AND pay them some stupid late charge.

Yes, I have much better things to do with my time, too - so it's frustrating.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
So, here's your solution.

Go put $100 on a prepaid debit card, use that card for the toll tag.

Voila - you save yourself $1 per toll and there's no "access to your checking account" and no more phone calls.
Why would I give these idiots free rein to any of my money?

You know what - every other entity I pay manages to figure out how to send me an accurate bill or get paid without having access to a debit card or checking account and without me having to go open up an account just for their use. Every single other entity except these yahoos. Nope. Not gonna happen here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas