Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:06 AM

560 posts, read 436,585 times

Advertisements

Good riddance Robert Francis O'rouke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Hold your tears. Your orange **** is about to get railroaded and I hope every single person that’s committed treason along with him, and supported his treasonous acts is subject to the absolute rule of law.

That’s the death penalty.
I bet you're a riot at parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 03:32 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,913 times
Guess he now has more time to drive drunk and stand on counters!

Old 11-03-2019, 06:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Guess he now has more time to drive drunk and stand on counters!
Well, he is officially unemployed. Good thing his family has money. He and his wife even sold the internet business he co-founded back in the late 1990s, after he gave up on his musical career - among other jobs.

Speaking of family and employment - that's basically who he worked for and with till he entered politics. I bet his family was glad to see him marry well. His own family isn't poor for that matter - his mother gave him a shopping center as a gift, for instance. "Wow, thanks, Mom!"

My mom always gave me little doodads she found at estate sales for presents.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:29 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Hold your tears. Your orange **** is about to get railroaded and I hope every single person that’s committed treason along with him, and supported his treasonous acts is subject to the absolute rule of law.

That’s the death penalty.
What what you wish for. That may cover folks you hold in high esteem in the political circle.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:57 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Yeah, he married well, they say. .
One reason I didnt' particularly care to vote for him.

Although I'd vote for him before I would vote for Elizabeth Warren. The whole faux native American thing was just too much.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:24 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,631,014 times
Speaking Spanish in the first debate. Great idea. Every hard working, life long born and raised American citizen wants to believe that the first order of business is to pander to another country's citizens. Right.

Aside from that, the minute he even tried to imply that he would confiscate guns from law abiding citizens.....he was toast.

Let's see if any of the other candidates want to try that. It would help to narrow down the Democratic playing field a little bit if they would..

And I don't even own a fire arm. But as a law abiding, hard working, contributing, tax paying citizen I want that choice if I so choose.

Old 11-03-2019, 03:42 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

And I don't even own a fire arm. But as a law abiding, hard working, contributing, tax paying citizen I want that choice if I so choose.
I´m still not clear as to why people make the 2nd Amendment an "all or nothing" issue. Beto didn´t...he only mentioned the AR-15 style rifles which have become the weapon of choice in most mass shootings. Seriously, why do people need one of those? Imagine the day a friend or family member is critically injured by one of those when the only thing they did wrong was wake up and go out in public (or in the case of his district´s shooting, do all that while being Brown). You´d never feel the same about it. What about my daughter´s right to go to school and not be killed by an incel and/or racist a-hole who needs to feel powerful by killing the defenseless? You say you don´t own guns, okay...are you aware how big a .223 ammunition round is? Picture that tearing through the insides of a child or a grandparent. Not a pretty sight. There is a HUGE difference between the damage one of these guns does and your average pistol.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/

I know what´s coming, the flood of people getting ready to respond by listing for me all the non-assault rifle weapons that can kill people...I get it. A lot could be prevented though if we tone down the caliber of the weapons available for almost anyone to buy. You know, Australia in many ways is more like the US than Canada or the UK for example, it´s a huntin and shootin type place...tell me why they´ve had zero mass shootings in 23 years...you don´t say!? Banning high-powered guns has something to do with it!? Who would have thought....

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...hey-do-n597091

I own a 12 gauge tactical shotgun for home defense. I don´t think I need an AK, AR-15, or Uzi to stop someone trying to kick my door down. I´m unlikely to miss with my pump. I might buy a revolver one day, but I don´t see the need to carry it with me or keep it loaded in my car...too much potential for trouble honestly. It would stay locked and would only be loaded and discharged at a gun range.

So folks please, help me to understand the need for your assault rifle compared to guns that are actually designed for home defense, hunting, etc. I´m happy to hear you out. Not all of us on the Left have lost the art of true discussion and debate.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:33 PM

68 posts, read 44,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I´m still not clear as to why people make the 2nd Amendment an "all or nothing" issue. Beto didn´t...he only mentioned the AR-15 style rifles which have become the weapon of choice in most mass shootings. Seriously, why do people need one of those? Imagine the day a friend or family member is critically injured by one of those when the only thing they did wrong was wake up and go out in public (or in the case of his district´s shooting, do all that while being Brown). You´d never feel the same about it. What about my daughter´s right to go to school and not be killed by an incel and/or racist a-hole who needs to feel powerful by killing the defenseless? You say you don´t own guns, okay...are you aware how big a .223 ammunition round is? Picture that tearing through the insides of a child or a grandparent. Not a pretty sight. There is a HUGE difference between the damage one of these guns does and your average pistol.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/

I know what´s coming, the flood of people getting ready to respond by listing for me all the non-assault rifle weapons that can kill people...I get it. A lot could be prevented though if we tone down the caliber of the weapons available for almost anyone to buy. You know, Australia in many ways is more like the US than Canada or the UK for example, it´s a huntin and shootin type place...tell me why they´ve had zero mass shootings in 23 years...you don´t say!? Banning high-powered guns has something to do with it!? Who would have thought....

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...hey-do-n597091

I own a 12 gauge tactical shotgun for home defense. I don´t think I need an AK, AR-15, or Uzi to stop someone trying to kick my door down. I´m unlikely to miss with my pump. I might buy a revolver one day, but I don´t see the need to carry it with me or keep it loaded in my car...too much potential for trouble honestly. It would stay locked and would only be loaded and discharged at a gun range.

So folks please, help me to understand the need for your assault rifle compared to guns that are actually designed for home defense, hunting, etc. I´m happy to hear you out. Not all of us on the Left have lost the art of true discussion and debate.

You weren't in New Orleans after the hurricane either, were you? Ask those that were were. Ask the woman that emptied her pistol into a home invader defending her infant how she feels, if she wish she would have had a different weapon.. I could go on for a few more pages, (dare me?) but I call upon your sense to get the point.

You don't NEED a smart phone. You don't NEED a back up camera on your KIA.

Stop blaming the tool. STOP IT DAMMIT!

When there's a bombing, we blame the bomber. When there's a drunk driving fatality, we blame the driver. When there are arson fatalities, we blame the arson.When there are gun crimes, we blame the gun. Explain. Please. I'l wait..

I'm listening. And while you're at it, explain why convicted criminals are slapped on the wrist for their crimes. Want a few thousand examples? Bring it.. I'll chew up every every line on this thread.

Bring it.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:46 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogno View Post
You weren't in New Orleans after the hurricane either, were you? Ask those that were were. Ask the woman that emptied her pistol into a home invader defending her infant how she feels, if she wish she would have had a different weapon.. I could go on for a few more pages, (dare me?) but I call upon your sense to get the point.

You don't NEED a smart phone. You don't NEED a back up camera on your KIA.

Stop blaming the tool. STOP IT DAMMIT!

When there's a bombing, we blame the bomber. When there's a drunk driving fatality, we blame the driver. When there are arson fatalities, we blame the arson.When there are gun crimes, we blame the gun. Explain. Please. I'l wait..

I'm listening. And while you're at it, explain why convicted criminals are slapped on the wrist for their crimes. Want a few thousand examples? Bring it.. I'll chew up every every line on this thread.

Bring it.
I don´t need to "bring" anything, I don´t walk around with a chip on my shoulder. That´s the biggest problem with Americans on the Internet in 2019, everyone´s so angry all the time. We can have a discussion though, that´s fine.

I was born in New Orleans, knew plenty of people who stayed during the storm...their main concern was getting out of the city, finding food and water honestly. I don´t know what an AK would have done in that situation.

I can´t say I am blaming assault rifles for all these mass shootings, but they have enabled the wrong people to achieve more horrifically grave bodily harm than they could have done with another type of firearm. If ER doctors are advocating this, I think they´d know the difference and what has happened here. It´s the shooter´s fault, clearly, but why make it so easy for them to go on doing it? I´m the extremist for not being ok with a guy walking into a public place with a loaded AR-15 slung around his back in broad daylight just because he wants to? That apparently was one of the reasons why the El Paso shooter got in to Wal-Mart with no problem, walking around with military-grade weapons is "normal"...

What crimes do you believe deserve stiffer punishments? I´m just asking.

Well sir, arson is illegal. Drunk driving is illegal. Bomb-making is illegal. Assault rifles are not. I´m starting to see a greater need for regulation perhaps? I had to take driver´s ed, then the test, just to get licensed to drive my car. I´ve gone through many a checkpoint to ensure that I wasn´t misusing a powerful tool and risk killing myself or worse yet innocents on the road with me.

Why are guns off limit? What are people so angry about?

Old 11-03-2019, 07:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post

The second amendment is not about home defense, hunting, etc.

It is explicitly about citizens protecting themselves against an all-intrusive government.

Any attempt by the US government to infringe on the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms, including "assault rifles", should be seen as a clear violation of the second amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas