Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:31 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times

Advertisements

Spade, I am not bashing Austin at all. I respect the lifestyle, I love the Whole Foods downtown corporate store. I think the store is on its way of being one of the top 10 Texas destination. Austin is gaining many hi rises and I know that it will make the city awesome. I don;t know why SA do not build multiple story hi rises but it is a historical city. My only beef is that Austin has such a snobbish attitude toward the other cities in Texas. They don't respect Houston or San Antonio. San Antonio has a lot going for it that Austin don't recognize. North and NW SA is in the hill country just like Austin and the 360 area. There are many UT fans in SA. Even though I live in SA my house is only 46 miles form the Austin city limits. If the two cities would embrace each other because they will become one MSA much sooner than later then they would become the new Metroplex in Texas. San Antonio is a dynamic beautiful city I wish Austinite would discover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 AM

251 posts, read 710,541 times
Quote:
That was to show you that Frost Bank has a presence by building their ONLY skyscraper in the state in Austin, Texas (unless they have one in San Antonio).
Frost Bank does have a highrise in San Antonio, but the one in Austin isn't their building.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,939 times
The Greatest "BOOM" in texas is going on between the towns of Eastland, Abilene, Sweetwater, Big Springs, Midland/Odessa. Just by living this way the last 2-3 years have been amazing. A lot of people looking to get out of the big cities, and thousands of good jobs out this way due to the wind energy boom. Greatest Boom? West Texas hands down!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Spade, I am not bashing Austin at all. I respect the lifestyle, I love the Whole Foods downtown corporate store. I think the store is on its way of being one of the top 10 Texas destination. Austin is gaining many hi rises and I know that it will make the city awesome. I don;t know why SA do not build multiple story hi rises but it is a historical city. My only beef is that Austin has such a snobbish attitude toward the other cities in Texas. They don't respect Houston or San Antonio. San Antonio has a lot going for it that Austin don't recognize. North and NW SA is in the hill country just like Austin and the 360 area. There are many UT fans in SA. Even though I live in SA my house is only 46 miles form the Austin city limits. If the two cities would embrace each other because they will become one MSA much sooner than later then they would become the new Metroplex in Texas. San Antonio is a dynamic beautiful city I wish Austinite would discover.
Point taken. However, they will never become an MSA. CSA maybe but not MSA and honestly, I hope they do not become a CSA as well. They are to far apart and it will be nothing but mindless endless boring soul less sprawl between the two cities. Texas does not need another type of that development. We already get bashed for it as it is.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsananto View Post
Frost Bank does have a highrise in San Antonio, but the one in Austin isn't their building.
On the website it says Frost has a presence in that building. Might not be necessarily their building, but it does show they have a presence there.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:53 PM

251 posts, read 710,541 times
Yes, they have the most office space of the companies in the building, but its not their building.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Point taken. However, they will never become an MSA. CSA maybe but not MSA and honestly, I hope they do not become a CSA as well. They are to far apart and it will be nothing but mindless endless boring soul less sprawl between the two cities. Texas does not need another type of that development. We already get bashed for it as it is.
If the economy keep going like it is it just a matter of time when the Austin/San Antonio MSA. It happpens in other cities around the country. If the Austin city limit is only 46 miles from my house it will conme sooner than later.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If the economy keep going like it is it just a matter of time when the Austin/San Antonio MSA. It happpens in other cities around the country. If the Austin city limit is only 46 miles from my house it will come sooner than later.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
If the economy keep going like it is it just a matter of time when the Austin/San Antonio MSA. It happpens in other cities around the country. If the Austin city limit is only 46 miles from my house it will conme sooner than later.
It doesn't matter how close they are. It matters if the commuting stats will justify those two ever becoming a MSA which is in fact decades away. They have a better chance of becoming a CSA than a MSA. Downtown to Downtown is 80 miles apart. So there would be at least 50 miles of ugly sprawl between the two places. Would you really want that?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,267 times
northeast-texan: arlington is the play ground for dfw y not make san marcos yours?, then you could be a msa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas