Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:09 PM

27,381 posts, read 15,503,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll never understand why people act as if the 2nd Amendment was written by God on the bill of rights.

For one thing ... it's an amendment
And there's an amendment that was abolished with another amendment (21st amendment repealed he 18th amendment)
The Amendment was written to protect, not give, the inherent Right to protect oneself, property, and loved ones as well as maining a free State.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:46 PM

20,155 posts, read 18,405,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll never understand why people act as if the 2nd Amendment was written by God on the bill of rights.

For one thing ... it's an amendment
And there's an amendment that was abolished with another amendment (21st amendment repealed he 18th amendment)
I mean I guess you are right. It's not like the First Amendment is really all that important or whatever.....................

The second amendment is part of The Bill of Rights/10 amendments and it is certainly one of the most important documents in the history of government vs. people.

Read up because clearly you haven't thought any of this through beyond third grade level cheap shots:

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...at-does-it-say

Old 06-03-2021, 09:49 PM

20,155 posts, read 18,405,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
the amendment was written to protect, not give, the inherent right to protect oneself, property, and loved ones as well as maining a free state.
+1

Old 06-04-2021, 08:38 AM

12,995 posts, read 13,474,108 times
The anti-gun crowd cried “wild west... blood will run in the streets” stupid nonsense when concealed carry, open carry, and later on campus carry were passed. Nobody noticed anything different afterwards.
Nothing will be noticed after this one either.
Same thing in the other 20 states that already have CC.
It’s a yawner.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:52 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,790,374 times
I always thought the open carry type laws should've been handled somewhat like prostitution laws in Nevada. That is- they need to "adjust" depending on population size or density, instead of this brainless one-size fits all method. The country lifestyle does not mesh with the city lifestyle.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:51 AM

727 posts, read 306,646 times
I have lived in Texas for less than a year and I have only seen 3 people open carry, once in Austin, twice in Houston.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:34 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,083,839 times
I genuinely feel sorry for people who feel that they need to walk around everywhere with a gun and are lost without it.

It's a protected right, I understand, but i can't imagine endorsing a world where everyone walks around with guns...or even wants to but.... we are in Texas and people can "spend" their money on whatever is legal.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
I genuinely feel sorry for people who feel that they need to walk around everywhere with a gun and are lost without it.

It's a protected right, I understand, but i can't imagine endorsing a world where everyone walks around with guns...or even wants to but.... we are in Texas and people can "spend" their money on whatever is legal.
I was in Law Enforcement for over two decades, I carried a gun all over the place. People have the right to protect themselves. It's 2021, open your eyes at what's going on around the country with this political clime.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:04 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,083,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
I was in Law Enforcement for over two decades, I carried a gun all over the place. People have the right to protect themselves. It's 2021, open your eyes at what's going on around the country with this political clime.
yes...YOU ARE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT...not a average citizen

Everyone else walking around with a gun is not a world most want to live in but it is a reality of living in the united States and I going to assume you know the very low % of ACTUALLY being the victim of a violent crime BY A STRANGER.

Can it happen...of course...does it happen ...yes.

It is it enough to live the rest of your life in fear? Only if you are constantly paranoid something is going to happen but I'm going to assume, by your last comment, you are already too far gone to see reality. So strap up for the very low % you end up in a wild west shoot out!

In Europe they think we are beyond insane to actually WANT to walk around every where with a gun and I agree...no thanks!

Old 06-04-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
yes...YOU ARE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT...not a average citizen

Everyone else walking around with a gun is not a world most want to live in but it is a reality of living in the united States and I going to assume you know the very low % of ACTUALLY being the victim of a violent crime BY A STRANGER.

Can it happen...of course...does it happen ...yes.

It is it enough to live the rest of your life in fear? Only if you are constantly paranoid something is going to happen but I'm going to assume, by your last comment, you are already too far gone to see reality. So strap up for the very low % you end up in a wild west shoot out!

In Europe they think we are beyond insane to actually WANT to walk around every where with a gun and I agree...no thanks!
I am no longer in Law Enforcement, but I still carry. It's my opinion that it's better to be prepared then unprepared.

I am sure the parishioners of this Church didn't wake up expecting to be ambushed by a man with a shotgun. Had no one been armed, far more lives would of been lost.

With anything else, mitigation is key, in this case responsible people should be be able to carry a firearm safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWibXye6YE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas